Bandai Macross 7 Model Kits back again

Penguin

In case anyone's interested, Hobbylink Japan's got Bandai's whole line of Macross 7 model kits (minus the silver coated ones) back in stock, including the 1/100 variable VF-19F/S and the 1/144 VF-17S and VF-11C.

Never cared much for the variable kits, but I always loved those little 1/144th kits.

1/100 variable VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie

1/100 variable VF-19F/S Excalibur Emerald Force

1/144 VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie

1/144 VF-11C Thunderbolt

1/144 VF-17S Nightmare

1/144 VF-11 MAXL Kai Mylene freakish pink abomination Valkyrie ^_^

Its been years since I had the 1/144 scale kits, but if painted correctly they are great little models and best of all 2 for 1!! I did and still have somewhere the 1/100 VF-19 F/S kit, that one is really cool, transforms perfectly.... from what i remember. B))

Edited by 505thAirborne

Going to buy a few of the VF-11C, been trying to get some of them at a recent price for what it is.

Problem with the 1/144 kits is that they come with sparklie sticker instead of transfers.

Actually, Wave came out with decal sets for the 1/144 kits. I don't remember where I found mine, but I've been hoarding them away, waiting for a re-release. B))

Wave Decal Set #1

Wave Decal Set #2

The neat thing is that the first set even has decals for some of the VF-17 units that are in the Macross Plus: This Is Animation book.

Its been years since I had the 1/144 scale kits, but if painted correctly they are great little models and best of all 2 for 1!! I did and still have somewhere the 1/100 VF-19 F/S kit, that one is really cool, transforms perfectly.... from what i remember. B))

I always found the VF-19 to be kinda blocky in fighter mode, which is what turned me off it. You're right though, it is perfect transformation. Stays together pretty well, too, for a model kit. Very similar to Bandai's 1/65th Macross 7 VF-19 toy (what a surprise... ^_^ ).

Actually, Wave came out with decal sets for the 1/144 kits. I don't remember where I found mine, but I've been hoarding them away, waiting for a re-release. B))

Wave Decal Set #1

Wave Decal Set #2

The neat thing is that the first set even has decals for some of the VF-17 units that are in the Macross Plus: This Is Animation book.

Cool, never knew they existed. They would be really usful, have to keep a look out for someone selling some of those in the future.

Do you know any of the design from the Macross Plus: This Is Animation, the one i really like is thr VF-17 trainer, it a 2 seater which is white and with orange marking, would be a great custom.

Hey, I love Mylene's valk--I own two of that kit. (one built, one to build again but better)

Also---battroid's curved, valk's curved--it works decently. The only real issue are the shoulders---there's INSANE anime magic for the shoulders, but everything else works pretty well IMHO. (MAXL shoulders are no worse than YF-19 hips)

Say what you will about the show and the valks but I too really like these kits, so I've got a few of them and I'm trying to collect more of them.

Hahahaha I HAVE those wave sets and I never noticed that... thanks for pointing that out.

What we really need is some more Tect mod kits; Kinda like these unfinished ones taken with a bad camera in bad lighting.

*drum roll*

post-1167-1235202564_thumb.jpg

Edited by Noyhauser

Wave Decal Set #1

Wave Decal Set #2

I always found the VF-19 to be kinda blocky in fighter mode, which is what turned me off it. You're right though, it is perfect transformation. Stays together pretty well, too, for a model kit. Very similar to Bandai's 1/65th Macross 7 VF-19 toy (what a surprise... ^_^ ).

edited

Edited by Alex

Cool, never knew they existed. They would be really usful, have to keep a look out for someone selling some of those in the future.

Do you know any of the design from the Macross Plus: This Is Animation, the one i really like is thr VF-17 trainer, it a 2 seater which is white and with orange marking, would be a great custom.

The decals are for the two non-trainer ones... SVF-124 ("Moon Shot!") and SVMF-45 (the one with the blue lines and "BD" on the tail fins). Since the model is just for the VF-17D/S, it doesn't have the longer cockpit for the VF-17T, so you'd be looking at a more involved custom for the VF-17T.

Downside to the decal set is that it only has enough of those custom decals to do the fighter mode, so you can't make matching battroids unless you buy two. <_<

Hey, I love Mylene's valk--I own two of that kit. (one built, one to build again but better)

Also---battroid's curved, valk's curved--it works decently. The only real issue are the shoulders---there's INSANE anime magic for the shoulders, but everything else works pretty well IMHO. (MAXL shoulders are no worse than YF-19 hips)

Don't get me wrong... I think the Sound Force valks are great (Ray and Veffidas' VF-17T lacks a bit of style, though). They're part and parcel of Macross 7's charm, and the delta wings on the Mylene's VF are slick. I still think it's a freakish pink abomination... but I love it anyway. :lol:

Edited by Penguin

I would love Mylene's Valk in 1:72... I had this one and lost it somewhere in the depths of time, but it was just too small.

And I always loved the artwork on the VF-11C packaging. Always makes me think 'come on Hasegawa, where's out 1:72 version!!!'

Edited by PetarB

Bandai really botched the Macross 7 merchandising. That show was practically printing money for them when it was on the air, and it featured more Valkyries than all the previous shows combined, yet we got such a sparse offering of toys and models. Where is my Fz-109 Bandai?! WHERE IS IT?

Bandai really botched the Macross 7 merchandising. That show was practically printing money for them when it was on the air, and it featured more Valkyries than all the previous shows combined, yet we got such a sparse offering of toys and models. Where is my Fz-109 Bandai?! WHERE IS IT?

Back then Macross 7 was not popular for its Valkyries. It's success back then centered around the music. Only recently are some fans taking a look back at Macross 7 Valks.

The model kits were quite decent for its time. But they never caught on. It was a time when robot anime toys and model kits were not movers. Heck even Gundam wasn't so hot back then. Remember this was before the advent of MG and HGUC kits from Bandai.

Edited by Vifam7