Favorite valk mode

sucker4meltrans

favorite VF mode  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite valk mode?

• Fighter
    • Gerwalk
    • Battroid

I rather prefer fighter mode, simply for aesthetic reasons. There're some interesting fighter designs, though I loathe what Kawamori did to the VF-19 in Macross 7, and I don't much care for the VF-0, SV-51, VF-25, and VF-27.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

I think this is one of those times when I have to underscore just how much I like variable/transformable mecha. I honestly can't just "pick" a mode alone - and in fact, I don't think any of the designs would be very fun if they were just stand alone modes. What really makes the whole thing cool is the fact that the design encompasses the three modes...

Pete

I'm going for gerwalk. It's not because of cool looks or effective function. It's because one look at it and I just know that when Kawamori & Co. were doing the initial modeling someone transformed it halfway and said, "And if you do this, it turns into half plane, half robot!" Then the other answered, "Oh, that's cool, we should use that!" Or maybe it was "Quit fooling around, that would never work!", but either way we see how it turned out. :lol:

I'm going for gerwalk. It's not because of cool looks or effective function. It's because one look at it and I just know that when Kawamori & Co. were doing the initial modeling someone transformed it halfway and said, "And if you do this, it turns into half plane, half robot!" Then the other answered, "Oh, that's cool, we should use that!" Or maybe it was "Quit fooling around, that would never work!", but either way we see how it turned out. :lol:

I think the story goes that early on SK was shown a test shot of a Takatoku Valk toy. since it was a test shot it was floppy and while SK was handling it in fighter mode the legs flopped down and DING DING! inspiration.

I think the story goes that early on SK was shown a test shot of a Takatoku Valk toy. since it was a test shot it was floppy and while SK was handling it in fighter mode the legs flopped down and DING DING! inspiration.

First I'd heard that, but makes sense. Mostly, I knew there had to be some whimsical explanation for it, since it's so "kid transforming a toy halfway" only canon.

Deja vu.... this has been done before.

Yeah and on top of that, a "variable" fighter has multiple modes, which is what makes it effective. So all and none should be your favorites...

Its like asking if the perfect woman should have a mouth or a vagina...

"Tonight on it's the mind we examine the phenomenon of deja vu. That strange feeling we sometimes get that we've lived through something before....."

Taksraven

"Tonight on it's the mind we examine the phenomenon of deja vu. That strange feeling we sometimes get that we've lived through something before....."

Taksraven

Taksraven

Taksraven

First I'd heard that, but makes sense. Mostly, I knew there had to be some whimsical explanation for it, since it's so "kid transforming a toy halfway" only canon.

On that note, he had originally had a third mode, "Ga-walk" for the tentatively-named "Breast Fighter". (Named such because it flew out of the chest of the Macross/Megar/load) It was somewhat ostritch-like. The floppy legs made him rethink his decision to not include it, and DING DING DING! Gerwalk.

I used to be a big fan of the Gerwalk mode but fightyer has been the best in my mind for some time now.

I always see Valkyries as ground support aircraft any way. To me they would be a large scale paratrooper with the ability to drop out of the sky with guns blazing and such. Such a use would require equal time in all three modes.