Lego Glaug / BT Marauder

DestroidDefender

WOW! That is awesome, great job!

Come to think of it, Mr Kawamori used lego to design the VF-25, and Gundam, another bandai property, has had a build-it-yourself block kit (not lego, I know, megablocks I think...the poor mans lego), I wouldn't think it would be completely impossible to see something like this in the shops. Probably not lego unfortunately, but anyway, it's good to see people out there making some awesome lego pieces. Keep it up!

I HATE Megabloks. They suck so much. Hell, the ones I do have fell apart faster than a VF-0 Shoulder. Sure, they have more "Mech-oriented" parts, but you should see the stuff people make with Legos... They don't rely on "Mech-oriented" parts, but rather their own creativity, which, I'd say, is the point of Lego, no?

I HATE Megabloks. They suck so much. Hell, the ones I do have fell apart faster than a VF-0 Shoulder. Sure, they have more "Mech-oriented" parts, but you should see the stuff people make with Legos... They don't rely on "Mech-oriented" parts, but rather their own creativity, which, I'd say, is the point of Lego, no?

I agree, I'm constantly amazed by what people can make out of lego. I grew up with it and think it is a wonderful toy for any child (or adult for that matter!). I passed on both the megablok Gundam kits and the TF Convoy set because I'm very wary of lego impersonators and was concerned that the quality would not mach my expectations. Just because they could make megablok VF-25 kits (however unlikely that may be) doesn't mean they should.

Bionicles not only have applications to lego-builders, but I have also heard of their ball-joints being used for custom model building and maquette work.

A lot of people use Bionicles parts for their Legos, which can be considered as "Mech-oriented"

Did I say there are no "Mech oriented" legos? No, I said MegaBloks have more "Mech oriented" pieces. I mean look at the entire Exo Force line. However, you've proved my point. Lego has the parts to make mecha without using "Mech specialized" pieces. The Exo Force parts, for the most part, have older origins, and Bionicle is biomechanical, and I think Toa stand at 7' tall...

I agree, I'm constantly amazed by what people can make out of lego. I grew up with it and think it is a wonderful toy for any child (or adult for that matter!). I passed on both the megablok Gundam kits and the TF Convoy set because I'm very wary of lego impersonators and was concerned that the quality would not mach my expectations. Just because they could make megablok VF-25 kits (however unlikely that may be) doesn't mean they should.

Bionicles not only have applications to lego-builders, but I have also heard of their ball-joints being used for custom model building and maquette work.

On that note, Look at this: Cap'n Dade's "Talleyessen" Custom RZ-39 Raynos Zoid. The legs use bionicle parts to do that... I love Zoids and Cap'n Dade.... I have 2 Raynos'...

Moving on, my point stands: MegaBloks cheats to achieve results. Lego improvises... With better results, might I add, since Legos are made of ABS instead of the cheap, flimsy knockoff plastic MegaBloks use... Given, making stuff in Denmark is more expensive than China, but Lego toys have MUCH BETTER QC than Yamatos, right? :lol:

Did I say there are no "Mech oriented" legos? No, [...]

Indeed, you didn't say there's no "Mech oriented" legos, but you did say that people who make legos don't rely on "Mech oriented" parts, which is often untrue

It was a simple observation: no offense intended :)

Indeed, you didn't say there's no "Mech oriented" legos, but you did say that people who make legos don't rely on "Mech oriented" parts, which is often untrue

It was a simple observation: no offense intended :)

What I say isn't meant to be taken literally, but with a grain of salt. I say it all the time.

Besides, it's not at all like the parts MegaBloks makes.

For that matter, Bionicle is horrible for a lot of applications because it can hold so little weight on those joints.