Fold effects for the HW2 mod

shadow3393

Which fold effect should be used?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which fold effect should be used?

• SDF Macross flash blink effect (ie episode 27, zentradi defold)
    • Macross Plus glitter ray blink effect (ie episode 4, yf-19 defold)
    • Macross Frontier fold gate effect

I am having a dilemma regarding which fold effect I should make to use in the mod. Listed are the fold effects that I think I can pull off using the HW2 game engine. Currently I only have crude proof of concept effects in place, so I don't have good picture examples to show. Please refer to the listed animation examples I put up to see what I mean.

Count me in for the Macross 7 fold effect. It was the quick but flashy which is great for a game effect.

While it's flashy it doesn't stay consistent with the previous fold effects.

Didn't say "consistent", I said "makes most sense."

A portal, sustained by the fold drive as the ship enters into the super dimensional space, makes more sense than POOF or "Ok, drop the confetti. POOF!" At least in my eyes. Do whatcha will.

I am slightly confused. By Macross 7 fold effect, you guys mean the SDF Macross type effect, right? If so please vote for that, so I easily compare the results.

No not really. Its a bit different than the original. At least it is to me.

Didn't say "consistent", I said "makes most sense."

A portal, sustained by the fold drive as the ship enters into the super dimensional space, makes more sense than POOF or "Ok, drop the confetti. POOF!" At least in my eyes. Do whatcha will.

IMO that doesn't make sense. If there was a physical gate that creates a portal (Stargate SG1) then fine. But how does a fold drive within a ship create a portal in front of it. I like the idea of the fold drive creating a "bubble" starting from within the ship and then expanding.

here...

@ 5 minutes, 5 secs, you see Battle 7 fold in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpbf7PXJc6o&...feature=related

Enjoy.. I never saw this episode.... :)

that was... interesting

and the fold effect was kind of boring. I voted for the fold gate from MacF, but if you need something faster go with the mac+ version.

also I see no problem with consistency in terms of how the fold effects look considering that fold effects have never been consistent between shows.