1/72 Wave VF-19 kai

Valkyrie addict

I think the problem with the line art and Yamato Vf19 is that you have a Grey area between what is shown as a YF19 and a VF19. My take on it is the YF being the prototype has a different gun to the fully commissioned VF19. Add to that the various hybrids built by different companies under licence (in the Macross universe) and you get a whole lot of discrepancies. Best bet is go with what you like best. Nobody here will blame you for that.

YF-19 and VF-19 gunpods are almost similar except for a bump in the upper middle as far as I've seen, but I guess it's a proper assumption big F, thanks happy.gif

nope, too bad I don't have a Hasegawa YF-19, would have made my life a lot easier, hehehehe; and Nexx Stalker, nice VF-19Kai and VF-25, sweet job, did you paint the vinyl red on the kai or just the other pieces that needed painting? post more pics man!! I wanna see!! tongue.gifblink.gif

well...slow progress with the gunpod, I still need to properly shape the rearend and those little thingies on the tip and sand everything smooth...ugg, I hate sanding huh.gif

wave25.jpg

never noticed before, but the gunpod looks like a fish!

Edited by Valkyrie addict

nice job Nexx Stalker, pleasure to have you're fine job pictures in here for comparison, looks great

well...some panel lining done since I returned monday night, I'm finding a bit difficult to work with the panel lines since they were so thin in the vynil and a bit of their detail got lost in the sanding and painting, should had deepen them but oh well (lesson learned about vynil), I think i'll have this finished by the end of the week

wave27.jpg

ok, end of the week and I'm done with the VF-19, so to summarize, this I what did

the kit was originally a VF-19 Kai Basara, I modded the head and shoulders into the VF-19S type, did from scratch the gunpod and painted in the blue blazer scheme from Macross7

I decided to go with white panel lining to make them highlight more in contrast with the blue and applied a flat coat on the kit to give it a more dramatic look, well, thanks everyone for their kind words and encouragement, hope you enjoy the pics :D