VF-0S version2

Getsuga Tenshou

I know this has probably been discussed, but I am just still confused and concerned, because I now really want to buy a VF-0 Shin, would it be correct to wrap it up like this:

1) first edition VF-0 (S or A?) has biceps that blow up/shatter with the slightest blow of air

2) VF-0A has a screw that supposedly fixes the "self-exploding arms", but it's impossible to tell until it really shatters?

3) VF-0S w/ghost is certainly fixed and will not shatter

4) VF-0A Shin Kudo is yet to be re-released with the shatter-proof arms?

I got the Nora SV-51 and now I REALLY would like to get Shin's VF-0, Roy's looks good, and its supposed to be safe, but that means I'd crave a DD SV-51...(which has self-exploding wings!) you get the drift?...is there a safe Shin that I could add to the dogfight?

Got my 0S on Sat! Now busy applying stickers & will be trying out the transformation. Shall report the outcome later on.

Here are 2 pics on day of arrival.

RIMG0833.jpg

Notice Yamato uses bubbles & soft cardboard to protect the tail fins, after several reports of breakage on first 0S release. I don't see such cushions used on my 2 OAs.

RIMG0834.jpg

Edited by Javabean

Got my 0S on Sat! Now busy applying stickers & will be trying out the transformation. Shall report the outcome later on.

Here are 2 pics on day of arrival.

Notice Yamato uses bubbles & soft cardboard to protect the tail fins, after several reports of breakage on first 0S release. I don't see such cushions used on my 2 OAs.

congrats! still waiting to get mine... MORE PICS! ^_^

How solid is it in fighter mode? Is it a floppy mess? And are all the skulls straight? There have been reports of the heat shield skull being crooked.

-Kyp

The fighter does feel tight & no floppiness at this moment. But I hv to wait & see after I hv made 1 transformation back to fighter mode again to tell the difference.

On closer look, the skull does look a bit off to the right. Its hardly noticeable if you hv not asked me to chk. But I'm perfectly fine with it :) I'll go back chk the skulls on the tailfin.

Edited by Javabean

The fighter does feel tight & no floppiness at this moment. But I hv to wait & see after I hv made 1 transformation back to fighter mode again to tell the difference.

On closer look, the skull does look a bit off to the right. Its hardly noticeable if you hv not asked me to chk. But I'm perfectly fine with it smile.gif I'll go back chk the skulls on the tailfin.

Have you handled the arms extensively and have they exploded?

I'll be going through the modes without fear, my Shin is supposeably had problems, and i've gone through it's mode changes many times.

Yeah but Graham was told 1/2 of Shin's shipped out were fixed, 1/2 were screwed. Yours must be fixed. Anyways I hope it is, it would suck to have a broken 0, it is one of the most beautiful valk designs.

P1170072.jpg

P1170071.jpg

P1170070.jpg

Joint pics of the v.2/revisioned VF-0S.

Differences? :)

Hey Ruskii, I boxed my VF-0A & 0S up a while ago, since they both ended up having some arm troubles. Does your new VF-0S seem any stronger, weaker? New arm design? Do the joints lock up any better than the 1st versions? Hope your is trouble free!! Peace B))

***Would be nice for Yamato to just come out & say ITS FIXED or NEW & IMPROVED!!***

As i mentioned in the mecha pose thread (check out my pics! :-P) she (the VF-0S re-issue/re-vision/v.2) is super TIGHT.

She has tightness all over, and even the legs lock up properly in fighter mode (something my Shin 0A does not)

and even when pushing the cockpit/neck back up for Battroid mode it was extremely tough, had me thinking if i pressed any harder

it would break something LOL. So yeah , go ahead and get one of these, don't know if you can tell (besides obvious extra padding

whilst packaged up (Javabean posted pics of this, mines exactly the same), we both got ours from Overdrive.

They were the ones that gave us the heads up stating this release was reworked better for the arms/shoulders.

Get one! It's perfect just like both of my YF-21 1/60's...

I'm not sure about the arms being a new design, as i didnt' have time to break out Shin over the weekend. Someone else confirm?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

she (the VF-0S re-issue/re-vision/v.2) is super TIGHT.

a TIGHT "she" is indeed very NICE! B))

...don't know if you can tell (besides obvious extra padding whilst packaged up (Javabean posted pics of this, mines exactly the same), we both got ours from Overdrive.

i'm assuming you can see the extra padding from the box's window... at least there's a way to tell that you're getting the updated release or not w/out opening the box.

As i mentioned in the mecha pose thread (check out my pics! :-P) she (the VF-0S re-issue/re-vision/v.2) is super TIGHT.

She has tightness all over, and even the legs lock up properly in fighter mode (something my Shin 0A does not)

and even when pushing the cockpit/neck back up for Battroid mode it was extremely tough, had me thinking if i pressed any harder

it would break something LOL. So yeah , go ahead and get one of these, don't know if you can tell (besides obvious extra padding

whilst packaged up (Javabean posted pics of this, mines exactly the same), we both got ours from Overdrive.

They were the ones that gave us the heads up stating this release was reworked better for the arms/shoulders.

Get one! It's perfect just like both of my YF-21 1/60's...

I'm not sure about the arms being a new design, as i didnt' have time to break out Shin over the weekend. Someone else confirm?

Thanks man, I appreciate the info, So many threads to read I loose track :p

Well its time to save up some $$$$, A VF-0s, Beagle ride-armor, to many goodies to buy!!! B))

Most of the joints are indeed tight, esp the cockpit. In fact I broke the instrument panel when trying to push it back! (I recalled later a member hv the same experience & Graham advised to push the pilot instead) Anyway some dabs of superglue solved the broken part. Even the wings are tight to swivel about as compared to my 0As.

As for shoulder joints, i cud not tell the difference fm 0As. They look & feel about the same. I hv the shoulder joints picture taken side by side with the 0A which I will post it later.

Overall the 0S in battroid is awesome. Glad I bought it!

I will report back with pictures back home today.

Edited by Javabean

Actually I believe it was the Shin 0A that had some good some bad whilst the CF was "stay the hell away".

Well, I heard horror stories about the Ivanov and never got that, didn't like the light sand on the CF SV-51 so I went Nora, with golden feathers and all...mostly because I got the overall impression it was safe...YET, the wings are still floppy, there is a huge gap int he left sholder/wingroot lex in fighter mode...guess the Ivanov must then be horrible and this is acceptable for the price tag!

Anyway, love the way the Nora SV-51 looks 90% accurate to the 3D model and it's huge, it's very menacing in Gerwal...and it needs a Shin VF-0 to fight with!!!

It's a bit ironic how we got

1) Ivanov floppy vs. fixed arm Roy

2) a mess of Shin vs. fixed Nora

As for shoulder joints, i cud not tell the difference fm 0As. They look & feel about the same. I hv the shoulder joints picture taken side by side with the 0A which I will post it later.

Here are the shoulder joint comparison btwn 0A CF & 0S Focker.

Can't tell the difference in material wise. The only noticable thing is there is a black rubber material inside the shoulder ball joints, possibly to prevent the arm fm floppy down. This is also found on my 0A Shin but not on the 0A CF.

RIMG0855.jpg

Front view of the 0S head shield. The skull seems to be slightly off to the right side but this is fine by me :)

RIMG0856.jpg

man! she's tight!... and i got a super floppy one before (that i was very fortunate to have replaced by something else from the store i bought it from)... very tight in f-mode right out of the box... some quick pics (used the glass table thing a la Vegas... but still w/ a damn crappy 7 yr. old cam and no background <_<).

gallery_8437_264_26989.jpg

gallery_8437_264_8772.jpg

gallery_8437_264_31218.jpg

shooting down Nora w/ head lasers (oops, forgot to put Nora pilot... :lol:)

gallery_8437_264_26918.jpg

Edited by m0n5t3r