Invid or Inbit Toys

shornk

I'm curious why there have been so few invid or inbit mecha toys for sale especially as of late. I'd like to see some to scale with the CM ride armors or alphas.

What I would like to see:

Protector or Soulgi

Scout or Ligau

Shock Trooper or Gurab

Gamo or Pincer

Gosu

I'd certainly get them... primarily CMs scale, I think. I had my old Robotech shock trooper up with the CMs cyclones earlier in the year, and it looked pretty good.

Also, regarding this:

http://www.hlj.com/hlj_gallery2/v/summer20...ageViewsIndex=2

This was part of the display at the August 2007 Wonderfest. Even though Joseph reported on HLJ that this was an upcoming toy, when we went by the booth they said it was something that was mocked up for the show only. Since it never appeared again and we never got a product solicitation, I'm guessing that was the case.

Jenius, who was planning on making that Gosu toy?

I haven't spoken with them about it in months and last I did they weren't ready to have their name associated with the product yet... and when they are they'll probably make an announcement through something more reputable than me :(

Gosu mostly! Both character types and the standard Gosu will be high priority for me, and make it CM's (Legioss/Alpha) scale please.

Don't know if i would get the rest, depends on the quality of build and poseability. I don't want them anything like the matchbox ones.

GOSU GOSU GOSU!!!!!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Ok guys if we really want this Gosu and other Invid toys to follow we really need to voice our buying power and be heard. The Gosu is still in planning but the unnamed company has a few concerns about producing the toy.

1. The recent bad status of the global economy, a big factory and it is causing them much concern.

2. How many would actually sell, (500 units they tell me is ideal for this toy but they seriously don't think it would sell, they must sell 500 in order to make their investment and some profit.)

The unnamed company is still interested in doing it, and in the beginning they said "nobody wants enemy mecha". Roger I know will back me up on this, even if you ask companies in Japan to make Inbit or just about anything popular out side of Japan they just believe there is no market for it. In the case of enemy Mecha unless it is a stupid Zaku most companies wont even consider making it. CMs tried enemy mecha with Patlabor not allot of sales but Patlabor is more for the hardcore anime collector while Mospeada / RTNG is known world wide and there are thousands of collectors waiting for some invid to play with.

So basically we need to gather all interested toy collectors here on MW and every other toy forum somewhere and get a list of concrete buyers that will order a GOSU. You also have to take into account that it will most likely be painted PVC, very limited articulation, no removable pilot or clear cockpit shield. So who here has any ideas of how to get proof of 500 sales at the same time re-enforcing our buying power, so I can take it to them and say "here you go now give me my GOSU!".

Also if the Beagle / Toynami Ride Armor turns out good and not like the Aoshima fiasco more stuff might come down the pipeline in the future either way.

Edited by Save

The simple equation when making toys for adult collectors is it takes money + guts, and you really just need the guts to let go of the money. These guys should know the risks.

I love the Inbit designs so much that I'll buy toys of them even if they suck and are ridiculously priced. So put me on the list. ;p

However, when they're gauging interest here on Macrossworld, they're not planning to sell directly to us, are they? It's going to be via gray market (HLJ or similar vendor), right?

Edited by Roger

There's no reason you couldn't have both. The little guys could be done as companions for the bigger ones. Here's how they would break down in 1/55 scale (Robotech names and English measurements in parens):

Gamo (Enforcer)

17.63cm (6.94")

Gosu (Commander)

15.9cm (6.26")

Gurab (Shock Trooper)

9.81cm (3.86")

Igaa (Invid Attack Scout)

4.9cm (1.93")

Maybe people in Japan don't buy enemy stuff, but I don't think that's how things work in the States.

Every fan of Macross/Mospeada/Robotech I've ever spoken to wants enemy stuff. I think that it would not be too hard to sell 500. Of course, I'm no marketing expert.

The Gosu isn't the one I would want the most, but I'd be a definite buy. And if it was cheap (as I assume limited posability and features would allow it to be), I'd get more than one.

However, when they're gauging interest here on Macrossworld, they're not planning to sell directly to us, are they? It's going to be via gray market (HLJ or similar vendor), right?

Macrossworld isnt their gauge the toy is for a Japan only release but they are aware that it will get exported through places like HLJ. Export sales can only help their decision to proceed. They don't even think it will sell 250 in Japan. I think they are totally underestimating the Japanese market but maybe I'm overestimating it.

That's why we need to have a common place where it can reflect only on the GOSU and not go on a rant or off base.

The main reason for the Gosu being the first to be produced is because it can be made into three color variants, so more came be made out of it than the others. If it sells well then they will consider the others more serious.

Edited by Save

I think a total run of 250-500 sounds about right. Sofubi figures in the style of CM's Patlabor stuff would be fine by me, and with a production run of that size, maybe we'd get away with paying between $50 and $75 for each one?

(Incidentally, I have a cool idea for a fourth colorway if they want to contact me. ;p)

Edited by Roger

I think a total run of 250-500 sounds about right. Sofubi figures in the style of CM's Patlabor stuff would be fine by me, and with a production run of that size, maybe we'd get away with paying between $50 and $75 for each one?

(Incidentally, I have a cool idea for a fourth colorway if they want to contact me. ;p)

I'd do my own custom colour if they released one as a flat grey so as to paint over. Kinda like how they released the comic colour figs of the

TMNT figures, that would be cool.

A Black Gosu would be awesome to complement the Dark Legioss....

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...c=26682&hl= here we go.

I took the liberty and bumped it. I also added options not listed before in the poll.

I know i will grab both Sorji and Batra's Gozu, and a couple of the standards. They could do their own schemes like a black etc.. i'd buy it!

The toy would be big enough to add in some nice details like an opening pilots compartment.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...c=26682&hl= here we go.

I took the liberty and bumped it. I also added options not listed before in the poll.

I know i will grab both Sorji and Batra's Gozu, and a couple of the standards. They could do their own schemes like a black etc.. i'd buy it!

The toy would be big enough to add in some nice details like an opening pilots compartment.

What we need is a tally of definite to potential buyers for the Gosu only. It can not be about what other Inbit we want since only the Gosu is currently up for potential production. The more it goes off track on to other mecha that are not even being considered the less affect it will have. Let just say a head count for just the Gosu Batra / Corg version. The other colors would follow since it would use the same mold, so no reason to request Sorji or officer at this point.

What we need is a tally of definite to potential buyers for the Gosu only. It can not be about what other Inbit we want since only the Gosu is currently up for potential production. The more it goes off track on to other mecha that are not even being considered the less affect it will have. Let just say a head count for just the Gosu Batra / Corg version. The other colors would follow since it would use the same mold, so no reason to request Sorji or officer at this point.

Yeah, should just add a poll to this thread then for the Gosu itself. :D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie