Did anyone make a recast of the sharpener pilot

Skull 001

Rohby, what material are you casting it out of, resin or rubber? If you can post it out of rubber that might be better so that people can put them in the cockpit of their valks, like I did.

Ah, common misconception - rubber IS a resin (resins are polymerized synthetics that are used to make plastics). What you want to ask is what durometer urethane resin he is using - a lower durometer (say, a 30 shore A) would be very flexible, allowing people to bend them into position to put into the cockpit...

Ah, common misconception - rubber IS a resin (resins are polymerized synthetics that are used to make plastics). What you want to ask is what durometer urethane resin he is using - a lower durometer (say, a 30 shore A) would be very flexible, allowing people to bend them into position to put into the cockpit...

Now you're just showing off... :p ...but you're right, inasmuch as synthetic rubber is indeed a resin. ;)

Yeah, I actually have the pilot done already. Will try to have some pics of it on Wed or Thurs for you. I'm also working on the Minmei one that Bigkid lent me. It's a bit tough to do but I'm gonna give it a try later tonight.

Sweet. I was going to message you to see what was going on with with it. Thanks for the update. :D

My bad Fulcy, and I actually knew that, it was more for the sake of folks who don't have any material science background. I should have rephrased it as, will it be of a hard resin, or a more rubbery flexible grade? How's that?

Sorry bout that guys - I wasn't trying to show off or anything, I just believe in educating the masses! :)

I just wandered into this thread, but I actually found that interesting. I don't think Big words don't scare all of us around here. ;) By all means, please educate.

Sorry bout that guys - I wasn't trying to show off or anything, I just believe in educating the masses! :)

LOL, I'm happier knowing...

Rohby is actually doing this for me and I asked for the usual type resin... I'm not planning on making him sit in my valk. Though it is possible in getting in that rubbery type resin. For some reason Smooth-On sells it in black. More expensive though, methinks...

Sorry bout that guys - I wasn't trying to show off or anything, I just believe in educating the masses!  :)

you have succeeded, sir!

is the pencil sharpener in scale with the 1/48??

It seems to be in scale with the 1/48... pics coming soon...

Fulcy, no need to be sorry. I too tend to elaborate on things I'm passionate about; information is never a redundant thing, and it enriches everyone's knowledge. My remark was meant as a joke, a bit of sarcasm, not a complaint or put-down. If I was misunderstood, then I should be the one to apologize.

I'm also interested in one or two standing pilots.

Rohby, what material are you casting it out of, resin or rubber?  If you can post it out of rubber that might be better so that people can put them in the cockpit of their valks, like I did.

yesth, poly means plastic as in polimer chain,,,,no need to edit, i want everyone to know I suck at speeling <_<

Fulcy, you sound like an engineer. Creep(not calling you one), tensile, compression and soo on

Did anyone make a recast of the sharpener pilot, Was someone going to make one.

Okay, I'll bite: what are we talking about? A "pencil sharpener pilot?" How hard is it to fly a pencil sharpener? Pretty hard, I imagine.

Edited by Draykov

Hmmm....I didn't consider casting it in a different material. But now that you mention it, it may be a good idea so pple can flex it into the cockpit. It'll also depend on how many pple want it in the "rubbery" material because I don't want to purchase a different material if not enough pple want it and I'll end up losing more money than I had planned to. I always tend to use the same material since it's what I'm used to using and I have it around anyways and wouldn't really cost me too much.

Exo, I'm not sure about the price, probably something cheap like 5 bucks for 2. Sounds fair?

Did anyone make a recast of the sharpener pilot, Was someone going to make one.

Okay, I'll bite: what are we talking about? A "pencil sharpener pilot?" How hard is it to fly a pencil sharpener? Pretty hard, I imagine.

It's those little pencil sharpener toys that came out a few weeks back. One had a statue of Hikaru standing on top and its size is comparable to that of the 1/48 pilot but with much more detail.

It's those little pencil sharpener toys that came out a few weeks back. One had a statue of Hikaru standing on top and its size is comparable to that of the 1/48 pilot but with much more detail.

Cool!

You mean this stuff?

m_pencil.jpg

Edited by Draykov

The pilot is very close to 1:48 scale, I had some posts about this before, right around the time of the Con sicne I had stuffed my pencil sharpener pilot into my 1:48. If the pilot is 1:48 scale he comes out to around 6'6" if I remember correctly, need to find the old thread. For it to be Hikaru it is around 1:43 scale I think. Like I said find the old post either here or on the old forums and all the calcs are there.

The pilot is very close to 1:48 scale, I had some posts about this before, right around the time of the Con sicne I had stuffed my pencil sharpener pilot into my 1:48.  If the pilot is 1:48 scale he comes out to around 6'6" if I remember correctly, need to find the old thread.  For it to be Hikaru it is around 1:43 scale I think.  Like I said find the old post either here or on the old forums and all the calcs are there.

I guess he'd be great for a Kakizaki custom. :)

Edited by Draykov