1997 Arii 1/6 PVC figures

fifbeat

Wasn't sure where to start this topic. Did a search, and came up with nothing.

I keep on seeing the Minmay (DYRL), Minmay School Girl and Minmay Singing versions on ebay for about $30-$40. I rarely see any of the other figures. For instance, the Hikaru and Misa ones.

My question is, how rare are these? How much are they worth? I'm mainly talking about the non-minmay ones. Can someone list me some explanations for each?

I'm obviously talking about the ones that are already painted and built, just in case I wasn't clear.

Thanks in advance. =)

Wasn't sure where to start this topic. Did a search, and came up with nothing.

I keep on seeing the Minmay (DYRL), Minmay School Girl and Minmay Singing versions on ebay for about $30-$40. I rarely see any of the other figures. For instance, the Hikaru and Misa ones.

My question is, how rare are these? How much are they worth? I'm mainly talking about the non-minmay ones. Can someone list me some explanations for each?

I'm obviously talking about the ones that are already painted and built, just in case I wasn't clear.

Thanks in advance. =)

Value of these figures is really depending on what you want to pay for them. Mostly what I've seen is some sell for as low as $1 up towards $110+.

There are six pre-painted figures with stand and framed pictures included:

1. School Girl Minmei (There are two versions of this, one with green accents the other in blue)

2. Minmei in polka dot dress (There are two versions of this, one in green accents, blue, and red)

3. Singing Minmei

4. Hikaru in TV Flight Suit

5. Misa in DYRL Uniform

6. Misa in (Yellow, Green, and Red) Swimsuit (Grrrrrrrooooowww!!!)

So in actuallity there are ELEVEN figures in total, just repaints really.

There is also a set on vinyl models that you assemble and paiint yourself.

The sculpt on these is actually pretty nice. I really wish Arii would have completed the line of ,IIRC, 12 sculpts which would have included Roy, Claudia and Milia, as well as, Minmei in a chinese dress.

Consider picking these up. No's 1, 2, and 3 are fairly common. 4 and 5 are a little harder to find, and 6 is almost non-existent. If you find 6 be ready to pay at least $100+ for this figure.

Edited by nightmareB4macross

This post should probably be moved to the "Toys" or "Models" part of the board. :)

Regarding the Misa swimsuit figure, there was at least two variations: red and yellow. As for Minmay in her DYRL dress from the end of the movie, I've seen two variations: a light colored version more accurate to the movie and one in which all the colors on her dress are much darker, though I don't know if that was intentional or not.

As said they are only worth what people are willing to pay at the time. I picked up 2 Misa swimsuit figures of ebay (1 last year and 1 earlier this year), one cost me more in postage (figure cost $10) and the other was around $25. Both were new un-opened. Obviously no-one wanted them when I did. You need to be lucky enough to find private sellers as the rip off ebay shops from asian areas such as Singapore & Hong Kong will rob you blind.

1. School Girl Minmei (There are two versions of this, one with green accents the other in blue)

2. Minmei in polka dot dress (There are two versions of this, one in green accents the other in blue)

3. Singing Minmei

5. Misa in DYRL Uniform

6. Misa in Swimsuit (Grrrrrrrooooowww!!!)

Consider picking these up. No's 1, 2, and 3 are fairly common. 4 and 5 are a little harder to find, and 6 is almost non-existent. If you find 6 be ready to pay at least $100+ for this figure.

It doesn't matter how rare #6 is, because I'm not interested in it. :)

IIRC, #6 wasn't that difficult to find when I picked up #1 (blue), #3 (both) and #5 a few years ago, perhaps because it wasn't in demand! At that time, I felt it was harder to find #4 than #5.

Then again, the supply and demand is different on eBay and YahooJapan.

Edited by nhyone

• 4 weeks later...
Value of these figures is really depending on what you want to pay for them. Mostly what I've seen is some sell for as low as $1 up towards $110+.

2. Minmei in polka dot dress (There are two versions of this, one in green accents, blue, and red)

3. Singing Minmei

5. Misa in DYRL Uniform

6. Misa in (Yellow, Green, and Red) Swimsuit (Grrrrrrrooooowww!!!)

So in actuallity there are ELEVEN figures in total, just repaints really.

The sculpt on these is actually pretty nice. I really wish Arii would have completed the line of ,IIRC, 12 sculpts which would have included Roy, Claudia and Milia, as well as, Minmei in a chinese dress.

Just updating this list there are now a total of eleven figures circulated and counting. Also, I was browsing through the toy section on MW and saw all the

prototypes of the remaining figures to be produced in 1/6. Damn, the prototypes sure are ugly, well except for Claudia.

Edited by nightmareB4macross

There is a variant Misa in DYRL Uniform, the clipboard is a different color. I've seen Misa in DYRL Uniform go for $300 once about a year ago on ebay and I sold one last year on ebay that went for about $200. The Misa in DYRL Uniform is actually a decent sculpt and worth keeping.

Right now in Akihabara there is a place selling the Minmei ones for about 1000 yen if anybody is interested in those pm me.

1. School Girl Minmei (x2 - one green, other blue)

2. Minmei in Polka Dot Dress (x3 - one green, one blue, and another in red)

3. Singing Minmei (x2 - one dark aqua, and the other in DYRL colors)

5. Misa in DYRL Uniform (x2 - one with a light colored clip board and the other with a darker clipboard)

6. Misa in Swimsui (x3 - one yellow, one green, and another in red)

So in actuallity there are THIRTEEN figures in total, just repaints really.

THIRTEEN figures circulated and counting. Also, I was browsing through the toy section on MW and saw all the prototypes of the remaining figures to be produced in 1/6. Damn, the prototypes sure are ugly, well except for Claudia.

I bought one of the Minmei in Polka-Dot dress new in box from member tripmywire for literally $1. Honestly I thought I was just buying one of the little pVC figures packed into the 1/100 mech toys...

I thought it was pretty nice. The sculpt was good - a little cartoon-y, but not out of character for the animation. Hollow vinyl & PVC that held up pretty well. I had to heat & reform her fingers properly around her microphone.

Also, they've got a nice Macross base with a wire stand that could easily be repurposed for a valk or other subject if you just use a doll-stand for the figure, so you've got a bit of a bonus built into the figure if you pick it up cheap.

• 5 weeks later...

IMO the pre painted ones are Meh!

I have all of the available ones in kit form. The hardest one to get the Hikaru IIRC I paid £25 for it. The cheapest was the Minmay in polkadot dress I paid £7 for it in a factory mint box.

There is a guy on eBay selling the concert Minmay (pink dress) but it is a recast of not so bad work, it has a few bubbles but is purfectly ok for builds.

I got that one as a double just to build, so it didnt matter if it had no box instructions or stand, as I have the real one in box too.

FYI the action is from Thailand. IMO this one is the best of the released figures as it is most acurate facially and easy moded for more detail like the dress, the transparent floaty bits.

They do pop up on eBay regularly and you can get them for cheap. Except may be the Hikaru :)

• 2 months later...

Updated List of what i've been looking for and here is the list:

1. School Girl Minmei

3 Version: One in green with brown school bag

One in blue with black school bag

One in blue with brown school bag

2. Minmei in Polka Dot Dress

3 Version: One in blue

One in red

One in green

3. Singing Minmei

3 Version: One in dark aqua

One in light grey

One in DYRL colors

5. Misa in DYRL Uniform

2 Version: One in light color clip board

One in dark color clip board

6. Misa in Swimsui

3 Version: One in Yellow

One in Green

One in Red

Total of 15 figures

I thought I had the complete set but i'm missing the blue poka dot dress one =(

Edited by Kicker773

• 2 weeks later...

So far from what I recon this is the set, unless that infamous minmay in a blue polka dot dress appears or someone has a picture of it, it ceases to exist in my reality df13952b.gif

The whole lot

ImaiiCollection2.jpg

Singing Minmay

SingingMinmay.jpg

Minmay in a dress

MinmayDress.jpg

School Girl Minmay

MinmayUniform3.jpg

Misa

MisaUniform.jpg

Misa in Swimsuit

MisaSwimsuit.jpg