Cool PS2 flight stick for Macross games

rdenham

I was just looking through my VF-X 2 game manual and came across a cool looking control stick on page 11 does anyone know what it is called and how much it costs. I would love it if anyone could scan this page so other people can see what I am talking about.

its the Sony SCPH-1110 Analog Joystick looks really cool....but did they ever sell it in the US? i might try to buy it for macross on the ps2 if its any good.....if anyone has it can they give feed back?

They DID sell it in the US, but it was never very popular(I saw ONE for sale once).

It was discontinued in favor of the Dual Analog gamepads, which were in turn discontinued for the Dual Shock, which succeeded by virtue of being a pack-in controller.

Ah, I've got one of those Sony SCPH-1110 Analog double Joysticks buried in a closet somewhere. Can't remember how much I paid for it when I bought it back in 1997. They are long out of prooduction and just about impossible to find now.

I bought mine to play the original Macross Digital Mission VFX game for the Playstation. Can't remember how well the double stick handled, but can't have been too good as I ended up going back to the original control pad.

BTW, does anybody know can you safely use original Playstation controllers (the grey ones) in the PS2?

Graham

BTW, does anybody know can you safely use original Playstation controllers (the grey ones) in the PS2?

Graham

Should be able to.

The PS2 was designed from the beginning to be 100% backwards-compatible.

It should work with all PS1 controllers, including esoteric stuff like the Negcon. I can't imagine a situation where an original digital pad would cause problems.

You can plug PS1 controllers into the PS2.

But here's the rub. You can't play a PS2 game with a PS1 controller, mostly due to the fact that the PS2 controllers have extra features (analog face buttons and all that jazz). Kinda pissed me off when I found that out, too, as I had a sweet PS1 arcade stick that I wanted to try with GGX2....

You can plug PS1 controllers into the PS2.

But here's the rub. You can't play a PS2 game with a PS1 controller, mostly due to the fact that the PS2 controllers have extra features (analog face buttons and all that jazz). Kinda pissed me off when I found that out, too, as I had a sweet PS1 arcade stick that I wanted to try with GGX2....

Not all games use those extra features, and all the PS2 games I own work with PS1 controllers. Battlecry, for instance, has some pressure-sensitivity support, but the game still works fine with a PS1 controller. I tend to buy PS1 controllers because they are a bit more durable than the PS2 controllers. (No, they are not physically identical.) Of course, I play Amplitude, so controller breakdown is an almost unavoidable eventuality anyway.

Ok here's a brain teaser for you, is there any kind of adapter plug out there that would allow you to plug a PC gamepad or joystick (standard connection or USB) into a PS2? I just think it would ten bars past cool if I could use my Saitek X-36 HOTAS on a console flight sim, like the new Macross game.

Ok here's a brain teaser for you, is there any kind of adapter plug out there that would allow you to plug a PC gamepad or joystick (standard connection or USB) into a PS2? I just think it would ten bars past cool if I could use my Saitek X-36 HOTAS on a console flight sim, like the new Macross game.

Well, you can just plug some control devices into the USB port right on the front of the PS2. I'm not sure about the X36. Maybe I'll try it with my X45, which is pretty much a slightly tweaked X36, sometime.