1/80 Code 3 Collectible Diecast Millenium Falcon

My wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas this year...and after careful thought, I decided that I'd like one of the Millenium Falcon models being released by Code 3 Collectibles. I had considered a few Macross items, but nothing really appealed to me at the moment, except maybe Macross Zero Ep. 3. B))

For those of you who aren't privy to what it is, its a 3-dimensional model based on the cut-away diorama paintings in "Star Wars: Incredible Cross-Sections"

This thing is beautifully detailed at 1/80 scale (measures 13" long and 9.5" wide) and has several removable hull plates that reveal the internal layout of the YT-1300, including the cockpit. Other features are retractable landing gear, rotating/pivoting rectenna dish, opening/closing boarding ramp and movie-accurate rotating quad-cannons (complete with the "Y" shaped swivel mounts). And the whole thing weighs a whopping 5 lbs.!

The only setback is that each one of these beauties is the price tag. At $295 each, they are rather pricey...but you can make 5 payments of $59 each...which was what convinced my wife to preorder it for me! :p

It was either this or the Yamato Destroid Monster, which we may never see before next summer. <_<

There's also Luke Skywalker's X-Wing Fighter coming soon...but I don't know if I can convince my wife to snag one of those too. :lol:

Here's a few pics of it:

post-26-1067762601_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yamato Lover

I think they are going an X-Wing next, actually. Have to check out the site.

I was *this* close to getting a Falcon, but with a wedding coming up I just couldn't justify the expense.

Especially since I still have Yamato Valks and MSiA and GFF to buy. :p

I think they are going an X-Wing next, actually. Have to check out the site.

I was *this* close to getting a Falcon, but with a wedding coming up I just couldn't justify the expense.

Especially since I still have Yamato Valks and MSiA and GFF to buy. :p

whats their site address?

I'll wait for them to do a B-Wing.

*twitch*

Why would you want THaT piece of crap?

I don't KNOW.. maybe a small attack bomber could be quite useful against a numerically superior and more advanced Imperial fleet.. =)

I LOVE the B wing....

I think they are going an X-Wing next, actually.  Have to check out the site.

Especially since I still have Yamato Valks and MSiA and GFF to buy.  :p

whats their site address?

Yep, good ol' Red 5 is in the works.

It comes with a removable R2-D2, has working S-Foils, ground crew equipment, and a variety of removable hull plating...like the Millenium Falcon. It's not to scale with the Falcon, though. It's a weird 1/38 scale. :blink:

Here are some of the preliminary pics that Code 3 has allowed to leak out.

"Fly-By" position:

post-26-1067852967.jpg

Wow that is very nice! Definately pricey though. Like the Master Replicas, I don't have any, though would like to. Do you know where your wifey got these from?

The C3 Falcon is smaller than 1/80. The Ertl Falcon model measures out to about 1/92, and it is over twice the size of the C3. The C3 is probably like 1/144 or so. And C3 needed to do a better reference job; those side walls on the C3 Falcon are just as over-sized and inaccurate as the Ertl model. I wouldn't complain if it was a $20-30 toy, but this is a $300 item we are talkin here. I lot of green to spend on a inaccurate item.

The C3 Falcon is smaller than 1/80. The Ertl Falcon model measures out to about 1/92, and it is over twice the size of the C3. The C3 is probably like 1/144 or so.  And C3 needed to do a better reference job; those side walls on the C3 Falcon are just as over-sized and inaccurate as the Ertl model. I wouldn't complain if it was a $20-30 toy, but this is a $300 item we are talkin here. I lot of green to spend on a inaccurate item.

As far as George Lucas is concerned, its accurate...that's all that matters.

He and Hans Jennsen (the Cross-Sections artist) were the ones who gave the final approval on the model. Besides, everyone's gonna complain about what the "real" version of something should be.

For example, Yamato followed Shoji Kawamori's exacting specifications on the 1/48 VF-1 Valkyrie, working very closely with him on everything from the sculpt of the nosecone to the exact shade of red on Hikaru's chestplate.

And what did some of us do? B))

Complained about:

* the nosecone being too big

* the canopy being too "bubbled"

* the arms being too skinny or "Popeye" looking

* the hands being skeletal

* the VF-1A head being too small for the overall size of the Valk

* the GU-11 being too thin or setting too low to the ground in Fighter Mode

But according to Graham, Kawamori himself said that THAT was how the VF-1 would look in real life...

Same thing about the Falcon. Yes, I've seen models and toys of it that have had a much thinner hull (the Micromachines Action Fleet Falcon comes to mind). But that raises questions that actually could be moved to its own thread.

For example, I've always wondered just how anyone, especially an 8-foot Wookiee, could stand completely upright inside it if the hull tapered down so narrow around the edges of the ship. It would theoretically make the outer edge ceilings of the inside compartments too low to stand up in unless you were to hunch down. And then there's the issue about the circuitry bays under the floor panels that were at least 8-feet deep (Chewie was down inside it in ESB making repairs to the hyperdrive components). But that's for another discussion altogether... :rolleyes:

I'm sure you all see my point about our perceptions of "accuracy", so I'll stop here. :D

Edited by Yamato Lover