1/48+fp's, 1/60, And 1/72 Picture Gallery Pt 3

VF-18S Hornet

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah...that "small" collection is really high on quality stuff! I spy SOC Daimos, Classic Ultra Magnus armor, THS-02 Convoy... only gems :) And good. That is what I am aiming for in my collection as well.

Pete

Thanks guys.

For a small collection, m0n5t3r, it is nice that you have a CMS cockpit, Misa and the Revoltech Miria VF-1J.

Excellent start.

had the max revo for quite some time and i just gotta have miria too, 1/60 v.2 m&m soon. cockpit was pure luck...

Yeah...that "small" collection is really high on quality stuff! I spy SOC Daimos, Classic Ultra Magnus armor, THS-02 Convoy... only gems :) And good. That is what I am aiming for in my collection as well.

Pete

well, i'm on a strict toy collecting budget by the wifey :rolleyes: so i get only what i really want to keep. bought some stuff before on impulse that i realized i didn't want as soon as i got home, i sold them at a small loss... wifey not happy :ph34r: . Ultra Magnus armor is the bomb!

Wives and girlfriends are never happy :)

I will never forget how, a couple of months ago, my girlfriend blasted me with the following line during a quarrel:

"All you do is waste your money on me! Expensive dinners! Clothes! You don't have any savings!! What if something were to go wrong!?"

a guy just never wins :) Best do your own thing and assume the wife will yell at you for it anyways :)

But being on a budget is smart anyways - I keep trying to get on one, but there's just so much cool stuff out there to desire :)

Also, I notice you have Voltes V - a personal favorite of mine :)

Pete

m0n5t3r looks good, got all the bases covered.

what display case is that?

thanks.

the display cab is a locally made "detolf look-alike" w/out the overhead light. mine's wider w/ double doors but there's a single door version w/ the back part being glass also that looks exactly like the detolf by ikea. sadly, it's 3x the cost, but at least i get a rebate w/ my frequent shopper card. :rolleyes: i also considered having the detolf shipped here to the Philippines, but it would eventually cost double. i also checked the detolf in Ikea HK and it's also selling for more than double the price its being sold there in the US ($60, i think).

Edited by m0n5t3r

Very nice! I still do not have space for display myself. <_<

How many of them are new members from your latest trip?

just wanted to share my "relatively newbie"/small but growing collection. ^_^

the space behind the revos is for the much anticipated Hikky VF-1S and VF-1D :rolleyes: . Still trying to figure out where to put the up'n'coming v.2 VF-0S :blink:.

Very nice! I still do not have space for display myself. <_<

How many of them are new members from your latest trip?

Thanks, man. Only the 1J, YF-19 and revo 1J Miria for Macross. Daimos, MazOVA and Go Shogun for the other stuff. Good thing you told me about Richmond coz the MazOVA at Sino was 2x the price.

Hope you can display your "babies" soon... saw a Detolf at one of your local IKEAs for HK900++ (not sure) <_< double the US60 its being sold for in the US. <_<

Nicely set up display you got there M0n5t3r. *claps*

Cool that you got the 1J millia Revoltech as well. :D I really want it, but i convinced myself to wait for the 1/60 v.2s of Millia and Max 1J to collect.

Thanks. I'm waiting for the new 1/60 m&m to be announced too, it took all my willpower to resist the 1/48 m&m set that i saw going for a very good price of around ~US$260 (for both!) just to wait in agony for any news of the new 1/60s... the revos are for battroid (obviously! :huh: ) and v.2 m&m i would display in fighter or gerwalk.

Edited by m0n5t3r

Yes they were a VERY good price. But i'll be placing both in battroid side by side or the classic kissing pose that's all the rage for the M&M's lately. :D The extra arm poseability of the v.2's will make for better displays.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

hahahah greeeeeat pics! Same ol same ol with me, not alot moved around, just little bits here and there for my display.

However I do plan to take everything out around christmas and play around with a better display for all my stuff.

This new job i got sucks, i'm only home weekends and that time is used for the wife. :p Love your SV-51 pose.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Thanks Matt. I look forward to seeing your collection revamp. I keep trying different poses with Nora and just keep going back to this one. I have started plans to extend (by 2x) the Ron Diorama (not pictured above - but you know the one I am talking about) that will include a Airlock bay. I have all the materials and the design, just have to find the time to work on it. Ron has helped me figure out what materials to use so that it matches up perfectly with his portion. Im very excited bout it and of course will post progress as time permits (probably 2009). The few models that I made have taken up all my hobby time. The VF-25 was a nightmare for poor Noob me but it did turn out decent. I have not finished stickering yet. Also the gurren Laggan models were fun and quick and nice. My favorite was the kingkattan one. It took 20 minutes to build and looks cool but I have to say that the winged gurren laggan model is a motherjumpin beeeotch. It is as floppy as they get and every time I breath it explodes making me put it back together again. Still wating for my revoltech fraulein Yoko. I have ordered two now and still no love.

Miriya - FANTASTIC pics!

Please tell me:

a) Where did you get the mecha diorama? I need those kinds of things so bad!

b) Are those the Kotobukiya Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagenn models? The Kitty Katen and the others? Are they cool ? :)

c) It is shocking how even those old V.1 VF-1s in 1/60 STILL look great over time! I still have my VE-1 and although side by side next to the v.2 VF-1 it looks bad; alone it still looks good.

Pete

Half-gerwalk Nora never gets old... must try that sometime. love your GL stuff. ^_^

Thanks.

Miriya - FANTASTIC pics!

Please tell me:

a) Where did you get the mecha diorama? I need those kinds of things so bad!

b) Are those the Kotobukiya Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagenn models? The Kitty Katen and the others? Are they cool ? :)

c) It is shocking how even those old V.1 VF-1s in 1/60 STILL look great over time! I still have my VE-1 and although side by side next to the v.2 VF-1 it looks bad; alone it still looks good.

Pete

Well before I answer a) I am going to tell you about the even cooler diorama tha RON5864 made HERE The other one was cast by mslz22 and may still be available if you PM him. you can see more of that HERE. The other one is from Kotobukiya mechanical chain bases and are available from HLJ. But yeah dioramas are great and I am actually working on a project to double the size of the RON5864 diorama to include an airlock bay door. I have just started cuttting the styrene today. I will post a thread about it at some point. Rons work is astoundingly beautiful and inspired me to try out some stuff myself. Just get some foam board, styrene bits from the hobby shop, some spray paint and masking tape and some glue and you can put together something pretty cool.

b) Yes those are Kotobukiya Gurren Lagann models at least the Daiyaksaier, Kingkittan and the winged version of Gurren Lagann are. They are cool. Very cool. However the winged gurren lagann is a bit floppy and I would have rather bought either the prebuilt version or another version. The Daiyakeier (spelling) and kingkittan get 4 thumbs up. Great kits, very easy to build and very cool.

c) yeah, I love the VE-1 and VT-1 and do not plan to ever let those go.

Thank you Mirya for the info. RON's work does indeed look utterly lovely, but sadly I am on a budget and can't go outside of the budget - not even for relatively cheap dioramas :( ... But maybe I can try to scratch build something myself... And paint it...hmm... must do something nice that's for sure...

Pete

Hi everyone.

After lurking around the forums for the past five years, I guess it's time I post some pics of my collection on the forums as well... I'm originally from South Africa, (the country) and as a kid I used to watch Robotech when it started airing on TV in 1985. It's been my favourite series of all growing up in the 80's $ 90's, even outranking classics such as Knight Rider, Airwolf, McGuyver, Star Trek, ect. ect... We never really had any RT toys or merchandice in SA, so we were stuck with He-Man, Thundercats, BraveStarr & Ninja Turtle figures for entertainment (...not really complaining ^_^ ). Later we picked up some Beast Wars transformable figures, but by then I had moved on to other things. I had discovered RT.com for the first time at work while still in SA, and I remember a few names including "Reflex Point" from those years. My addy was "FALCON 1", and some other hothead going by "falcon1" got pissed thinking I was trying to steal his name or something, lol. Anyway we ended up on eachother's good side, but when I saw the "masterpiece collection" valkyries for the first time... I about s#@% my pants!

Around that time I got the opportunity to emmigrate to the United States for work, and I've been here ever since. Many hours of research online searching for info on Toynami's "MC" line of toys, plus picking up a copy of Macross Plus for the first time in some store, lead me to discover Yamato's fantastic 1/48 prototype VF-1A , and for that matter, MacrossWorld.com! I was hooked!!... I guess it's the german blood in me, but there was no comparison between Toynami's line of Veritechs, and Yamato's superior Japanese engineering. And thanks to MW my eyes were opened to the world of Macross for the first time. After Macross Plus, Macross Zero, and now Macross Frontier, you can sign me up for one of those shiny lifetime memberships! Well enough about me, as promised, here's some pictures of my "shrine" so far:

DSC05638.jpg

Close up:

DSC05678-1.jpg

I received my latest acquisition from Action-HQ yesterday:

DSC05697.jpg

Notice anything interesting?

Ps. Thank you to the owners, moderators and members that have made this site such a joy to visit over the years. Your efforts are really appreciated. And I'd just like to mention that I believe for those of us that have been deprived of Macross in it's purest form for so many years, there is an exception to be able to care for Robotech: the Macross saga, just as much as we're able to care for Macross itsself... As without RT, we would have had no window into the Macross universe at all...

Falcon 1

Welcome! And your pics are incredible. How I wish I have such a nice display!

Hi everyone.

After lurking around the forums for the past five years, I guess it's time I post some pics of my collection on the forums as well... I'm originally from South Africa, (the country) and as a kid I used to watch Robotech when it started airing on TV in 1985. It's been my favourite series of all growing up in the 80's $ 90's, even outranking classics such as Knight Rider, Airwolf, McGuyver, Star Trek, ect. ect... We never really had any RT toys or merchandice in SA, so we were stuck with He-Man, Thundercats, BraveStarr & Ninja Turtle figures for entertainment (...not really complaining ^_^ ). Later we picked up some Beast Wars transformable figures, but by then I had moved on to other things. I had discovered RT.com for the first time at work while still in SA, and I remember a few names including "Reflex Point" from those years. My addy was "FALCON 1", and some other hothead going by "falcon1" got pissed thinking I was trying to steal his name or something, lol. Anyway we ended up on eachother's good side, but when I saw the "masterpiece collection" valkyries for the first time... I about s#@% my pants!

Falcon 1