VF-1 Updated

UN_MARINE

yes indeed. B))

i can only go so far when it comes to expressing the design in 2d.

plus i wanna see if all those fancy new shapes & parts will actually work on a model.

we gotta see it in 3D! digital or otherwise ^_^

I've been thinking about modeling your mod of the VF-1 for a while now, if I only had time. If nobody beats me to it I'll get a chance during x-max vacation.

Just a little update. I got a good start on the model and I am referencing some older models for the common components. I only noticed one thing that might not make it work right and that is the wings when they are tucked back behind the back. But I have not yet gotten that far. I am also hoping to make all the armor too.

Also when I get done with the model I will also upload the PSD file of the texture so you can change it edit it and what not. I will also see about animating the model as well. But all in all this is just a start with some guide marks in place I still have a long way to go. Many a details as well. Right now it will be a low poly render as well. I might switch to max later and do some serious detailing.

post-5333-1224597028_thumb.jpg

Ohh also if you can make a cockpit design or do some updated designs for it that would be great I can try to model that as well and stick that in too.

Edited by Darrtallion

awesome!

it's looking good :D

i'll see what i can do about the cockpit details. hopefully i can free up some time to doodle it all down.

you guys might run into some problems with the geometry around the head in F mode.

so far, i've only been drawing it to show where it should be, but not how it actually fits.

it has something to do with the whole thing being tucked in higher. which means the front view drawing is maybe sorta possibly wrong :lol:

i still have to draw how it actually sits there :p

actually the head is the least of my worries. For the most part all the proportions are different then from the actual. So I have to adjust and stuff like that. Maybe if you grabbed the VF1 line arts and redid those that would be great. But I will have it figured out shortly. The nose design actually I think fits better then the original for adding the head so the head is not a big deal I just follow the natural progression of the curves

actually the head is the least of my worries. For the most part all the proportions are different then from the actual. So I have to adjust and stuff like that. Maybe if you grabbed the VF1 line arts and redid those that would be great. But I will have it figured out shortly. The nose design actually I think fits better then the original for adding the head so the head is not a big deal I just follow the natural progression of the curves

We has a humble modeller on our hands...

Now, if only I remembered anything from that 3D modelling class...

i see... cool.

i suppose i'm just concerned about how you guys are working hard on the thing while the design is still in the works.

the armor parts on the other hand, are pretty much final. aside from the little details inside. ^_^

anyway, good luck to everybody on the build/modeling! B))

The good thing about a 3d model is that once its done its easy to change stuff on it. Plus it is helpful for a person to look at a 3d object and really see more aspects to add or subtract or change. I think that the current design is awesome and I am basing my desire to build a model off of the current design because I like it so much.

man... i had 4 days without internets. the horror !!!

:wacko:

ok, back to our irregularly scheduled program :lol:

Fatalist,

yup. the wings tuck in pretty much the same way as the VF-0

Darrtallion,

i see... excellent

the design feels like it's pretty much final, so no worries ^_^

i just have to put some parts under a microscope so they don't "magically" do things :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

wow... i think we hit a wall :lol:

work's keeping me from doing anything fun at the moment.

that's my lame excuse. boo...

i'm trying to figure out how the EX gear integrates with the cockpit. so far, it's the only thing keeping me from drawing up a shot of the interior.

does anybody have reference pics?

:)

I will never understand why the video is so damn popular, and why people find it funny.

I DON'T GET IT, WHY!!!! [cries uncontrollably]

(it's 2AM and I'm in the middle of writing a paper. I'm a little unhinged right now)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
thanks ^_^

oh, and sorry about the big ugly watermarks guys.

they're kinda necessary with all the art theft going around on that site... can't be too careful. :ph34r:

YAE! Post Necromancy!

I don't know why there is so much art theft on here anyway... other then the simple explanation 'it's the internet'... this isn't the Louvre, boys and girls. Can't people simply ask? I never use anyone's art with out asking, and when I get permission I always give them their credit for all the work they did. I've drawn stuff in the past and then a short time later seen it on someone's page, so I do know of the hard work. I had an old watermark trick using 89a GIF files back in the day. Ah, nostalgia of ten years ago... That was before everyone and their Zentradi-in-law learned to use image software.

Brilliant art! I totally think the VF-1 could just have stage two stage II turbines installed, extender gear, and ISC and it just may take on the 25, errrmm or maybe not but, it would be cool. Very sharp! Thanks for sharing UN MARINE. ^_^

EDIT: Corrections

Edited by Macross GURU

thanks guys ^_^

sorry for the lack of new material, i haven't been able to use a scanner for a while.

i'l get cracking on new stuff as soon as i can get some time with a scanner :)

I don't know why there is so much art theft on here anyway... other then the simple explanation 'it's the internet'

i don't know why it's so widespread either.

my guess would be that these people just want the instant recognition while not wanting to do all the hard work. and for some, easy money.

plus there are actually people that buy into the scam, "i'm still developing my style" seems to work as a cover for the stealing.

they don't see the inconsistencies with the so-called artist's quality of work & styles. so yeah, suckers=scammers. :(

thanks guys ^_^

sorry for the lack of new material, i haven't been able to use a scanner for a while.

i'l get cracking on new stuff as soon as i can get some time with a scanner :)

i don't know why it's so widespread either.

my guess would be that these people just want the instant recognition while not wanting to do all the hard work. and for some, easy money.

plus there are actually people that buy into the scam, "i'm still developing my style" seems to work as a cover for the stealing.

they don't see the inconsistencies with the so-called artist's quality of work & styles. so yeah, suckers=scammers. :(

At some point I would love to use your VF-1 as a fighter in the fan-fic section of my RPG page. Not at the moment of course I have way to many fighters to work on at the moment. The fan-fic section is becoming a gallery of art with RPG stats. All content is credited to their respective owners and only used with permission. Additionally any background the design has goes with it also credited to it's owner.

At some point I would love to use your VF-1 as a fighter in the fan-fic section of my RPG page. Not at the moment of course I have way to many fighters to work on at the moment. The fan-fic section is becoming a gallery of art with RPG stats. All content is credited to their respective owners and only used with permission. Additionally any background the design has goes with it also credited to it's owner.

where is this RPG page by the way?

where is this RPG page by the way?

I tried to PM you with this but there was no conformation that it was sent, nor did it show up in my sent folder.

Anime52k8, my RPG site is on www.msdfd.net

I'll have the site up soon but it'll be in my older HTML 4.01/css format, I've been working one converting it over to XHTML so that it can be accessed on hand-held devices like most of the newer smart phones, the iPhone and the iPod Touch (mind you I like the iPod Touch better then the iPhone because the wi-fi is free and you don't have all costs and problems from the phone component, but this is neither here not there).

The stats on the site are setup for the new palladium book and is for traditional pen and paper role playing. The Fan-Fic section of the page does two things, one: offer fan-fic stats and rules, and two: functions as a gallery for the Macross community. I'll have a thread soon on the homepage board. The original idea is to update the data on Dave Deitrich's Macross Mecha Designs, and Daniel Henwood's UN Spacy Database with all current info plus updating the stats for the new publication of the ROBOTECH RPG by Palladium Books. The Fan-Fic page is a way to extend a hand to the Macross Fan community. Being a Macross fan for 15 years and role playing for 12 years, it's funny that it took me such a long time to join the MW board though. Anyway, that is my ideas and concepts. Also if you would like I'll water-mark the fan pictures with the Macross World handle that each contributor has on here (or your own water-mark) as to prevent the theft of art, and plagiarism that is becoming so prevalent in the gaming, animation, and creative arts industry. <sigh> what a messy world we live in... I so far have the permission from Mr.March to use some of his art for the conversions of official mecha data. I have few art books too that may water-mark as Studio Nue and Kawamori Shoji's work just to deter the art ash-holes from my site.

Sound shiny to you?

~Alex~

I tried to PM you with this but there was no conformation that it was sent, nor did it show up in my sent folder.

-snip-

got the PM actually, does sound quite interesting, I look forward to seeing it.

got the PM actually, does sound quite interesting, I look forward to seeing it.

Oh so you did get it, good, so it does work. Ok, sorry, first time PM'ing on here.

I should have the main site up soon ^_^ I haven't completed the bulk of the stats though but I'll keep putting stuff up as I complete them.