VF-1 Updated

UN_MARINE

Thats a very cool design, why would we kill you?! It's a nice take on all the different full armors we have seen over the years, I see a bit of original GPB, some VF-0 reactive armor and alittle bit of TH armor in the mix. Oh and the VF-1 on the school is definately going to fly in the last ep :lol: .

i wanted to beef up the TH while keeping the old GBP presence, but not keep the uber-bulk. ...if that makes sense :lol:

so this armor has even more missiles with 2/3 the bulk, & more plating while still showing a little skin. ^_^

and it has a Pinpoint Barrier & Grappler System ! it's also why the gunpod is mounted on the arm.

(i realized i screwed up the gunpod orientation, it's supposed to be right-side-up!)

this armor was designed for smashing & crushing the bad guys !

i call it... Hel Crusher :ph34r:

i really hope that VF-1 flies & fights by the end of the show, it would be the most bestest, awesomest pants shattering thing ever!

I like that design very much, the GBP armor looks a bit more rugged and tougher :)

Also have to agree with polidread on the VF-1 fast packs porportions and quality, great

stuff keep up the artwork :D i'm sure everyone enjoys seeing it!

and you shall have "heroic" !

i just need time to hunker down & draw ^_^

i figure this version of the VF-1 has all of the "wouldn't it be nice if..."

so we have a VF-1 with modern Macross-y lines, shapes & attitude, advancements in technology since M+, and a little of VF-2 B))

i suppose it's taller too.

and of course... it belongs to SMS!

• 2 weeks later...
I like the angles. It gives VF-1 a more predatory look with the Fast Packs.

I have been sitting here the last few days going back to this thread and staring at the pics trying to think of a good way to describe how I feel. I think you just summed it up for me ^_^ . THANKS!

:ph34r:

thanks guys ^_^

...did anybody notice the drone parts on the leg packs? B))

i figured it needed to look faster & strike-y-er. the FP's handle the strikey-ness while the new-ish airframe handles the speedyness.

i put some parts in places that are in the more modern designs too, like the hip vernier thingies.

they're part of the main hull now & they're lasers/machineguns instead :)

and the LERX (?) at the back are gone, but the spots where they used to be are now the logical hardpoints for the FP's

the backpack is also flatter, to make room for the shield.

and did i mention the drones?

:)

It's a nice update for the Frontier era, kind of what I would expect the Macross equivalent of IAI to do if they got hold of a number of old VF-1s and had to build a new fighter from that airframe. Also, were a live action movie to be made now, I actually wouldn't mind seeing something like this appear, it is different enough, yet close enough to the original that most fans would accept it. Love to see where you go with it next.

thanks guys ^_^

...did anybody notice the drone parts on the leg packs? B))

i figured it needed to look faster & strike-y-er. the FP's handle the strikey-ness while the new-ish airframe handles the speedyness.

i put some parts in places that are in the more modern designs too, like the hip vernier thingies.

they're part of the main hull now & they're lasers/machineguns instead :)

and the LERX (?) at the back are gone, but the spots where they used to be are now the logical hardpoints for the FP's

the backpack is also flatter, to make room for the shield.

and did i mention the drones?

:)

Really. I didn't realize there was a drone packed into the leg armor. Looking at it again, I can see where it would go. Interesting. Here's an idea I had while I was looking at it.

What about redesigning the gunpod to include modern principles, like a railgun set up? Maybe for the strike pack instead? Or maybe turn the gunpod into a beam weapon testbed? Just thoughts. Sorry. You got the old brain firing on this one.

I like the angles. It gives VF-1 a more predatory look with the Fast Packs. I've wondered what a 2008 interpretation of a 1980's design might look like. You kept it retro, while modernizing the support equipment. That works pretty well in my opinion.

I guess a 2008 rendition of the VF-1 would look pretty much like the VF-0.

What UN Marine has made is what the Lamborghini Reventon is to the Lamborghini Murcielago.

wow. that's a lot of feedback :lol:

oki dokie ^_^

for now, i just wanted the gunpod to look MEAN! the new proportions i cooked up allows the new "Brutepod" to have 6 or 7 barrels.

in theory, it's now capable of M+/Frontier rates of fire. wooo!

i guess there could be other versions of the gunpod that incorporate other tech.

yup, the thing w/ the SMS logo on the leg packs are the drones, the big yellow thing is the camera assembly!

the drones add new offensive/ELINT capability to the Valk, pretty much like Luca's Ghosts.

or they can be swapped out for 'splosive stuff instead. more nukes! more guns!

then the nose...

i guess i have been drawing them on the stubby side, but it's mostly because of the transformy magic thing.

i'm still looking for the right balance of super sleek & pointy in F mode vs the low-riding groin in B mode.

and finally... top view w/ a classic VF-1 for reference

NIEVELHEIM_EXTRA_1_by_ARMAMENTFACTORY.jpg

it's... kinda dirty & out of proportion 'cuz i drew it really really instant fast :lol:

yes indeed, it has a SW-XA1 feel ^_^

the big difference in the design is the tailfins. i kept mine on the backpack. the SW-XA1 has its tailfins on the legs.

i can only do so much before it starts looking like a different plane. :)

it's pretty much the combination of Valks throughout the years i thought the VF-1 could be if it was updated.

so we have VF-0/SW-XA1 + VF-2ss + VF-11 + YF-19 and VF-25 all in one retro package B))

and...

GERWALK MODE!!!

NIEVELHEIM_VALKYRIE_G_MODE_by_ARMAMENTFACTORY.jpg