Anime magic broke my sv51

Alex

Here's a frickin first.

I left my sv51 on the stand on my bookcase for the last two weeks.

I went to work the other day only to come home and find my sv51's nose cone on the floor. The pin was stuck to the magnetized side of the nose cone section.

My immediate thought was that I must have snapped the hinge previously and it had just fallen off.

But when I looked at it more closely, the hinges that hold the pin in place are completely intact. NOTHING is broken, snapped, warped or anything. It's as if the pin became incorporeal and simply fell out. I can't even get it back in as there is not even a tiny amount of bend to allow it.

WTF is happening here. Some anime magic warping my valk?!

As soon as I get mine I might be able to help. You might mention which version of sv-51. If its the Ivanov nothing would surprise me, not even spontaneous combustion with the horror stories I have read on that one.

That's strange. It's like the gold ring in the lord of the rings movie which magically escaped by changing its size to slip off the finger of the wearer to go someplace else. :D

Maybe yamato enchants the valks with evil spirits which possess the toy sort of like that horror movie "Child's Play"

What I think is the plastic has the ability to morph into different shapes like the yf-21 skin in macross plus.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

It's the first edition of the Nora.

I always suspected that Nora of being a bit loose.

I had thought about blaming the heat but it's recently gotten a lot chillier, so that ain't it.

As Renato quite accurately said; "this could ONLY happen to YOU".

Is your vf-0 figure missing some missiles? Maybe it's like toy story and the toys are fighting while you're at work.

MY VF-0? No way I would risk buying that.

I just assume that in an effort to please the "line-art accurate" crowd, Yamato tried to install some anime magic but dropped the gimmick. I guess the feature wasn't deactivated in mine.

Still can't fix it as there's no way to do it.

So has anyone else had this problem? Mine seems fine. I have left it on its stand in fighter mode for ages.

I can't think of anything. The magnets must be pulling the pin out. Magneto must be playing practical jokes on you. Do you hang out with radioactive mutants much? How can it just come out?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

So has anyone else had this problem? Mine seems fine. I have left it on its stand in fighter mode for ages.

I can't think of anything. The magnets must be pulling the pin out.

I had considered that but as i said, and if you check the hinge on yours, the pin would seem to have no opportunity to come loose seeing how tightly it's held by those end caps (god, that was a long sentence).

Not to worry. I'll just phone up Showboat Kawa-whorey and get him to retcon it into the design of the 51.

Post a pic so we know which bit you are talking about.

I had a look at that part, but there is no hole for the pin inside to escape from.

Are you talking about the nose hinge which can flop down like a limp penis in the fighter mode when you push it down?

Because if that is true, how on earth did it come out when there is no visible hole for it to be taken out?

It's the first edition of the Nora.

I always suspected that Nora of being a bit loose.

I had thought about blaming the heat but it's recently gotten a lot chillier, so that ain't it.

As Renato quite accurately said; "this could ONLY happen to YOU".

Yeah, I always suspected Nora of being loose as well. I'm not sure if heat has anything to do with it either. Maybe she's just easy. :lol: Sorry I couldn't resist. :p

Edited by sharky

Try putting the pin in your freezer overnight and maybe, if you are OK with it put the 51 in the sun for a little bit. Or, better het just heat the hinge up a little with a hair dryer or something. The pin should slip right in.

I use this method to put roller bearings in my motorcycle race motors (except I am using an oven and the freezer) and the bearings go from being needed to be pushed in to dropping right in with no resistance at all. When everything gets back to room temp they are tight as a drum.

That's strange. It's like the gold ring in the lord of the rings movie which magically escaped by changing its size to slip off the finger of the wearer to go someplace else. :D

Maybe yamato enchants the valks with evil spirits which possess the toy sort of like that horror movie "Child's Play"

What I think is the plastic has the ability to morph into different shapes like the yf-21 skin in macross plus.

Wish I had the cupboard from Indian in the Cupboard so I can make toy valks into real valks. Lol.

Seriously I think you gotta try at least a lottery ticket... you never know... you'd have a winning chance for all the bad luck you had. ^_^

The first time I did the lottery in the UK (when I was 10) I won 10 quid. Never bothered doing it again since I won the first time.