10 Year Old Legioss

SSickboy

I started this kit about 10 years ago when I was not to concerned with how it would look in the end. Before it got to its current state it was covered with about 10 layers of Testors enamel. I did not glue many things together so that was a plus. My plans for the kit are to keep it transformable and add detail to the entire kit. I am also going to change the proportions of the wing to make the fighter mode look better. Here are some teaser pics I will post more later.

Battroid.JPG

ArmmoDiver.JPG

Fighter.JPG

I love the shape of the Alpha Fighter - from the front. It's when you start getting to the rear that it all goes a bit gauche, with those huge legs 'hidden' away - not! I note that anime magic always makes them smaller somehow, and in the models they always spoil the basic shape of the Alpha Fighter. I think modifying the wing size on this is a great way to go, and looking forwards to seeing your progress.

Here are some progress shots of what I have done so far.

Here is a shot of all the parts and what they orginaly looked like.

All.JPG

Here is the front part of the foot.

FootFront.JPG

Here is the rear part of the foot this is that part that has receved the most work.

FootRear.JPG

Here for lack of a better term is the knee simple but looks better than the orginal.

Knee.JPG

Here is the leg this kit has retractable landing gear. I chose to close them for a cleaner build.

Leg.JPG

Here are the thrusters.

Thruster.JPG

Here is the nose the top part did fit well with the canopy so I added plastic and leveled it with putty.

NoseTop.JPG

good work so far! i have had one of those TOYNAMI stick bernard variable legioss' since 2004. the damned thing has been nothing but a problem since. fragile as all hell! what's more, the flip open panel with the sensor array directly aft of the cockpit broke!! i paid $60.00 for a variable replica that in reality amounts to little more than an especially fragile plastic model!! :angry:

Edited by Shaorin

How are those bigger wings going to work in Soldier mode? Looks much improved in fighter.

My thoughts exactly.

The one thing most Legioss toys and models really need, this kit included, is a way to retract the legs further so they don't stick out so far back in fighter mode.