Second season of GitS: Stand Alone Complex!

wakobi

Bootlegs :rolleyes:

Why waste the money on that trash when the proper dvds are probably only a couple of month away now.

Hey buddy. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Besides, I don't have the $ (damn you Takara and Yamato) to be plunking down for official DVD after DVD. Bleh. Knowing Pioneer they'll probably milk that series for every penny it's worth.

They'll probably have four or five episodes per DVD at twenty bucks a pop. When all is said and done you're in the hole more than a hundred. I spent less than a third of that and have ALL 26 episodes, tachikoma reports, and all the extra's in one neat package.

Bootlegs  :rolleyes:

Why waste the money on that trash when the proper dvds are probably only a couple of month away now.

Hey buddy. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Besides, I don't have the $ (damn you Takara and Yamato) to be plunking down for official DVD after DVD. Bleh. Knowing Pioneer they'll probably milk that series for every penny it's worth.

They'll probably have four or five episodes per DVD at twenty bucks a pop. When all is said and done you're in the hole more than a hundred. I spent less than a third of that and have ALL 26 episodes, tachikoma reports, and all the extra's in one neat package.

You also get subtitles that range from substandard to abysmal, and pool quality non-anamorphic tv rips of the last four episodes.

You get what you pay for.

To be more on topic - the second series of GITS so far seems quite good and should live up to the first seasons quality.

The first episode is a much better first episode than S1E1 (which overall was one of the weakest of the entire series), slick animation and the slight tweaking they've done with the character designs is quite nice.

Most importantly, it didn't have wretched CG intro credits like the first season.

The second episode was so dialogue filled it was impossible to understand. Have to wait until someone whips up a subtitle script for that one.

• 2 weeks later...
The first episode is a much better first episode than S1E1 (which overall was one of the weakest of the entire series), slick animation and the slight tweaking they've done with the character designs is quite nice.

Most importantly, it didn't have wretched CG intro credits like the first season.

It seems that they've also changed the intro music.

Check it out here. Right Click, Save As.

Anyone know where I can find the first episode of 2nd Gig?

It seems that they've also changed the intro music.

Check it out here. Right Click, Save As.

Anyone know where I can find the first episode of 2nd Gig?

http://anime.mircx.com/download/b52f341e86...74b034e6b206724

That Get9 song is actually a new intro song for S1, which is replaying on TV in Japan. The song is absolutely terrible. Whoever decided that should be a GITS intro should be shot.

BTW, I was having codec problems with that release. Anybody know what it is? As far as I know I'm current on DivX (5.1.1), XviD (Koepi's 01-25-2004 release) but I was still getting the green pixelation over any non-moving section of the screen. :blink:

I ran Nemo's Codec pack just to clean up anything I missed and that didn't work either. :unsure:

Any guess on what I'm missing?

Edit, OK the klcodec220f let me watch the opening, past the credits to the first heli sceen but then the movie crashes. :( might have to re-grab it.

Edited by LePoseur

The other link is also subbed

[NT] Ghost in the Shell - SAC 2nd GIG Episode 01 [D2ABB574]

Did you do a continue download after you finished?

I usually run them through again just to make sure I got it all.

Grabbing Laughing man one now. ....

Edited by Myriad

Re-DLing the first one to a different location to see what I get. As for leaving it on, I can't remember how long it was but I always leave my torrents open until I at least get a share of 2, and more if I can, so that should be ok. I'm still leaning towards some kind of codec mismatch as I had to run an XP file check to replace some corrupted files I got courtesy of a virus I picked up over the holidays (and media player was one of the corrupted ones). I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that that repair function hosed the codecs I had on my computer already.

anyhow, any link for the second episode?

D-yam! I love my new fiber optic. Episode 1 in under 10 mins! Cool! Now if Bandai would just release an R1 for me that fast. :D

Edited by LePoseur

The K0NSPIRA-raver one is very good quality. Subs are fine.

SPOILER ............... I wish GITS SAC had more action, hopefully this season will pick it up a little. Also, all of the bad guys are totally outclassed imbeciles. I doubt terrorists in the future with cyber brains will pick up the phone if there is a possibility of getting taken over like in this episode.

I just picked up the new dvd boxset. Subs could use some work though........excellent picture and 5.1 Dolby Digital.  B))

Is that the FX box set? Or the AC set?

It's the MI (Manga International Set)

Just a warning. The first 3 DVD's are in 5.1 Audio. The last DVD is only 2.0 Dolby. :blink:

Still. It's an EXCELLENT rip, but alas....the subs aren't as good as the ones by Laughing Man (no pun intended). :ph34r:

Just watched episodes 1 and 2. They're both every bit as good as the first season, and I'm glad that they got the same artist back to do the title song (although it's not quite as catchy as Inner Universe). It was great to see the "new members" of Section 9 at the end of the first episode, made me feel all warm and fuzzy. :lol:

I liked ep2 a bit better than ep1. That might just be because I'm a sucker for...

****SPOILER!!!***

...plot devices that trick you into thinking things are happening when they are really just being imagined.

**** END OF SPOILER***

BTW, I've got both eps up on Kazaa right now for those of you not willing to torrent them. My username is same as here: 'eriku'

Edited by eriku

errm, you cant compare lmf to animeone, but ill say this, at least lmf is a fan based group, like AJ, only with good and synced subs

amd panon, you buy the dvd's and let us know how it comes out, me, I'll download the perfect animeone and lmf fansubs with near perfect picture quality that ony an anal retard would notice any imperfections on his hdtv... <_<

amd panon, you buy the dvd's and let us know how it comes out, me, I'll download the perfect animeone and lmf fansubs with near perfect picture quality that ony an anal retard would notice any imperfections on his hdtv... <_<

Uh.. you do that, because I'm am too until the dvds are out.

There's nothing wrong with downloading fansubs, since unlike bootlegs they don't directly hurt the anime industry and give money to criminal organisations in HK.

We need some Tachikoma toys!

Indeed, I'd buy a whole squadron of those! And they need to have diecast armor and rolling wheels so you can glide them across your floor. It would also be cool to have an opening compartment to put a Motoko figure in. The series has gone an entire successful year, is already into the second season and we need toys, dammit, TOYS! B))