My theory on Lanka and Sheryl

lord_breetai

Alright after 17, I think I need to put my theory forth on Lanka and Sheryl's past before the series goes any further (and probably proves I am a fool).

I believe (as I have for a while) that Lanka and Sheryl are at the very least cousins and possibly sisters. They are both the grand daughters of "Dr." Mao Nome (maybe even daughters but that's unlikely even in Macross with crazy hyperfold times). Now I believe that Lanka's parents/grand parents were experimenting with trying to communicate with the Varja using the fold crystals they found in the varja bodies... these crystals somehow became fused with Lanka herself, while they were given to Sheryl as a present in the form of jewelry (possibly at orders of shadowy group). Of course Shadowy group at this point stepped in and took over Sheryl's life guiding her to the point where she'd reach stardom, while they lost track of Lanka after the science fleet was destroyed, only to find her again on Frontier.

^^; that's what I think anyway.

Alright after 17, I think I need to put my theory forth on Lanka and Sheryl's past before the series goes any further (and probably proves I am a fool).

I believe (as I have for a while) that Lanka and Sheryl are at the very least cousins and possibly sisters. They are both the grand daughters of "Dr." Mao Nome (maybe even daughters but that's unlikely even in Macross with crazy hyperfold times). Now I believe that Lanka's parents/grand parents were experimenting with trying to communicate with the Varja using the fold crystals they found in the varja bodies... these crystals somehow became fused with Lanka herself, while they were given to Sheryl as a present in the form of jewelry (possibly at orders of shadowy group). Of course Shadowy group at this point stepped in and took over Sheryl's life guiding her to the point where she'd reach stardom, while they lost track of Lanka after the science fleet was destroyed, only to find her again on Frontier.

Hmm, Sheryl got part of Birdman blood in her, Ranka is quarter Zentran, so they are similiar in term "that girl is an alien" ^_^ .

Hmm, Sheryl got part of Birdman blood in her, Ranka is quarter Zentran, so they are similiar in term "that girl is an alien" ^_^ .

Well the SMS song says shoot them with Big missiles. Spread their seed across the galaxy because they are hot guys. :ph34r:

As I sais SMS was an all Zentran outfit.

My theory is Ranka codenamed Q1 was brought up in the hope to communicate with Vajra and Sheryl is a failed experiment by Galaxy to communicate/control the Vajra. ;)

hmmm... how is Sherlyn & Ranka linked with Macross Zero story? am i missing something... :wacko:

Sheryl was mentioned to have Alpha Bombay type blood, which is APHOS (Birdman) blood. And Ozma mentioned that Ranka is somehow connected with Dr. Mao. ^_^

Yup, Macross Frontier is just a cover up for Macross Zero DVD promotion.

hmmm... how is Sherlyn & Ranka linked with Macross Zero story? am i missing something... :wacko:

I was wondering that myself too. Until I realized that Sarah and Mao have "Nome" as their last name. Which makes Sheryl Nome their... ^_^

I'm rewatching the past episodes to see if I've missed a mention of a "Dr. Mao Nome" somewhere.

I was wondering that myself too. Until I realized that Sarah and Mao have "Nome" as their last name. Which makes Sheryl Nome their... ^_^

I'm rewatching the past episodes to see if I've missed a mention of a "Dr. Mao Nome" somewhere.

That would be ep 10, after the credits of the Birdman movie, when Ranka was introduced to the stage as the actor for Mao Nome. Ozma, watching from home, said something about it "being fate that Ranka plays Dr. Mao." :)

Lord Breetai,

That's actually feasible and possible. if ever it's right, then that would be quite a dramatic set of final episodes down the line. :D

Edited by dreamweaver13

We´ve been postulating that hypothesis for some time on Animesuki. It´s likely that Sheryl is an engineered human being, created from the genes of Ranshe Mei ( Rankas presumptive mother ).

When was this mentioned? :mellow:

I don't recall it being mentioned in the anime. Although, it is listed in the Compendium that her blood type is α. Also, we see Grace switch her blood sample out in episode 15 indicate that at the very least, there's something about her blood that they don't want people to find out about.

I don't recall it being mentioned in the anime. Although, it is listed in the Compendium that her blood type is α. Also, we see Grace switch her blood sample out in episode 15 indicate that at the very least, there's something about her blood that they don't want people to find out about.

I thought that had more to do with the fact that Grace was poising Sheryl with those pills and crap.

My theory is Ranka codenamed Q1 was brought up in the hope to communicate with Vajra and Sheryl is a failed experiment by Galaxy to communicate/control the Vajra. ;)

Well that much we already *know* so not much of a theory :) ... I'm expanding on that.

That would be ep 10, after the credits of the Birdman movie, when Ranka was introduced to the stage as the actor for Mao Nome. Ozma, watching from home, said something about it "being fate that Ranka plays Dr. Mao." :)

Hey, thanks for that!

Didn't Sheryl mention she was "all-natural" in episode 3 when they were trapped in the shelter? But then again, maybe she's been led to believe that.

Does she ever make mention of her parents? I seem to recall Grace or some other character saying something about it. Or is that my overactive imagination at work? :rolleyes:

Hey, thanks for that!

Didn't Sheryl mention she was "all-natural" in episode 3 when they were trapped in the shelter? But then again, maybe she's been led to believe that.

Does she ever make mention of her parents? I seem to recall Grace or some other character saying something about it. Or is that my overactive imagination at work? :rolleyes:

I think all she ever mentioned was that she was an orphan... which of course leaves tons of room open. And didn't she get her earings from her mother? (earings that have fold crystals) or am i wrong about that? I was watching the early episodes raw and my Japanese still isn't perfect... and it was a while ago.

Well that much we already *know* so not much of a theory :) ... I'm expanding on that.

Your theory and mine are fundamentally different so I thought i'd post on mine too before ep 18. ;)

I for one don't think ranka and sheryl are related to each other by blood relations nor is Ranka mistakenly swallowing Fold Quartz.

I think all she ever mentioned was that she was an orphan... which of course leaves tons of room open. And didn't she get her earings from her mother? (earings that have fold crystals) or am i wrong about that? I was watching the early episodes raw and my Japanese still isn't perfect... and it was a while ago.

She did mention being all natural in episode 5. And it was with regards to not having any implants like a lot of people from Galaxy do.

私は違うわ・・・全部生まれたままよ, translated more literally "I'm different... everything is like it was when I was born"

Meh, you really wanna know who Sheryl is!?

Remember how Sheryl said in one of her blog posts about hearing a singer who inspired her and feeling a form of wind coming from that singer. That actually occured some years back on the bridge of a Metran ship that just got penetrated by a large speaker pod! Yep, Sheryl is actually a micronized Chlore who was inspired by Basara to become a singer on her own right. Unfortunately, she has the same genetic condition as Klan, meaning she had to wait for her micron form to grow up before she could launch her career (which also turned into a convenient cover up of who she really was). :lol:

Hey, at least it's better (IMHO) than VFTF1's theory that Sheryl is really Honey Suzuki!

Edited by d3v

Meh, you really wanna know who Sheryl is!?

Remember how Sheryl said in one of her blog posts about hearing a singer who inspired her and feeling a form of wind coming from that singer. That actually occured some years back on the bridge of a Metran ship that just got penetrated by a large speaker pod! Yep, Sheryl is actually a micronized Chlore who was inspired by Basara to become a singer on her own right. Unfortunately, she has the same genetic condition as Klan, meaning she had to wait for her micron form to grow up before she could launch her career (which also turned into a convenient cover up of who she really was). :lol:

I think its better than saying that she's the large speaker pod itself :lol:

Yup,

Sheryl was just a random homeless girl.

I actually like this alot better than some big, convoluted mess.

Me, too. I sorta figured it was something like this all along, though, the moment Sheryl mentioned she was an orphan (of course).

The standard source for laboratory-grade orphans are garbage-strewn back alleys, after all.

;)

For a while, though, it didn't seem quite that clear-cut, and I wouldn't be surprised if there's some deeper connection there, rather than

it being completely random coincidence. On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if the writers decide it really was just chance after all, or just leave it unresolved as an unimportant side detail.

Edited by DeeBot

Still..

it is possible that Sheryl received a transfusion of bird-human blood from Mao, while Ranka got the little crystal things from the vajra. that would potentially make them related in that neither one can really do much alone, but together they could change the world kind of thing...

Still..

it is possible that Sheryl received a transfusion of bird-human blood from Mao, while Ranka got the little crystal things from the vajra. that would potentially make them related in that neither one can really do much alone, but together they could change the world kind of thing...

Not likely. Since as revealed in chapter 18 Sheryl was a homeless girl unrelated to Ranka, Ranshe or Dr. Mao... Is more probable that Grace gave her the V-Type infection. The witchcraft 639 pills kept the infection from advancing. However, the infection didn't give her the abilities Grace wanted.

Ranka on the other part can keep the infection from advancing somehow (perhaps she's granddaughter of Dr. Mao) and uses it to communicate with the Vajra...

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Not likely. Since as revealed in chapter 18 Sheryl was a homeless girl unrelated to Ranka, Ranshe or Dr. Mao... Is more probable that Grace gave her the V-Type infection. The witchcraft 639 pills kept the infection from advancing. However, the infection didn't give her the abilities Grace wanted.

Ranka on the other part can keep the infection from advancing somehow (perhaps she's granddaughter of Dr. Mao) and uses it to communicate with the Vajra...

Seems to me Grace just couldn't reproduce the results that she, together with Mao and Ranshe had managed as team. Or it could be that Ranshe managed with her subject, her own daughter, and Grace knew about it. In any case, she seems have been trying to reproduce Q1 on her own back at galaxy, apparently using homeless children she picked up from the slums (the fairy line).

If you compare the photo of Ranshe Mei and a good frontal shot of Sheryl, then you should notice the marked resemblance between the two of them.

Maybe Sheryl got to that alley on Galaxy, because she is a survivor of the 117th fleet, got to Galaxy as a refugee and nobody gave a poo about a single six year old girl? And she is the orphaned daughter of Ranshe Mei? Which would explain how Grace chose her ( and probably manipulated things so that chibi-Sheryl would end up in that alley? ).

I know, I know, a lot of "ifs", but the visual similarity between Sheryl and Ranshe is striking.

I'll wait for subs of ep18 but i think that's incorrect about the witchcraft pills. It looked more like the pills aggravate the V-type virus that would otherwise be harmless to humans. The pill has nothing to do with Sheryl's abilities or lack off.

Though it would seem her memories are fabricated by the GITS-like machine for her to maintain the diva-like personality.

Maybe Sheryl got to that alley on Galaxy, because she is a survivor of the 117th fleet, got to Galaxy as a refugee and nobody gave a poo about a single six year old girl? And she is the orphaned daughter of Ranshe Mei? Which would explain how Grace chose her ( and probably manipulated things so that chibi-Sheryl would end up in that alley? ).

Not according to Grace... :rolleyes:

In any case, she seems have been trying to reproduce Q1 on her own back at galaxy, apparently using homeless children she picked up from the slums (the fairy line).

God knows what that monster did to those children afterwards... :blink:

I'm telling u ppl, Grace is the DEVIL!!! :wacko:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

If you compare the photo of Ranshe Mei and a good frontal shot of Sheryl, then you should notice the marked resemblance between the two of them.

I know, I know, a lot of "ifs", but the visual similarity between Sheryl and Ranshe is striking.

I think that's looking way too much into it. They revealed her to be a random homeless girl, I think going back at this point would be silly. I'm thankful they went this route, otherwise this would all be a bit ridiculous and silly.

remember however, that we are relying on what Grace has revealed to us at this point. there is no guarantee whatsoever that she told Sheryl the whole truth - in fact I doubt that the revelation was any more than half-true.

Grace is a truly masterful manipulator.

We´ll see if they revisit the topic or let it stand at Sheryl being a random homeless girl.

I´m just saying, it´s plain weird that Ranshe Mei and Sheryl look completely alike in character design. I would be very surprised if the Macross Frontier staff didn´t do that for some purpose...

I think that's looking way too much into it. They revealed her to be a random homeless girl, I think going back at this point would be silly. I'm thankful they went this route, otherwise this would all be a bit ridiculous and silly.

I completely agree... It was quite the shocker for her and it served the plot very well... ^_^

And I don't think Grace was lying... Since it has been clearly shown that the one with the ability to confuse the Vajra is Ranka... not Sheryl... :rolleyes:

I completely agree... It was quite the shocker for her and it served the plot very well... ^_^

And I don't think Grace was lying... Since it has been clearly shown that the one with the ability to confuse the Vajra is Ranka... not Sheryl... :rolleyes:

I also don't think Grace was lying...she has too little regard to Sheryl at this point to spend time making up a lie.

And this really works with the fact that Sheryl was the 8th or 9th (don't recall, too lazy to go back and look), Fairy, was it? It sure sounded like they were running experiments on several subject, Sheryl not being the first.