My theory on Lanka and Sheryl

lord_breetai

Subtle difference she calls her Fairy Nine (in english)... not "the ninth fairy"... that dosn't neccisarily mean she's the 9th anything. It could just be a codename. After all Mistress 9, in Sailor Moon wasn't the 9th Messiah of Silence. It could have just been something the writers thought sounded cool.

Or even if she is the 9th of anything, doesn't mean that she was the 9th to be experimented on. it could just mean she was the 9th person they tried to make into an idol of minmei proportions.

Or even if she is the 9th of anything, doesn't mean that she was the 9th to be experimented on. it could just mean she was the 9th person they tried to make into an idol of minmei proportions.

I believe she's the 9th. Just like Q1 (Queen-1?) indicates Ranka being the first of her 'kind'. Galaxy Anonymous just likes to name everything neatly with numbers :p;)

For a slightly more exotic theory: Ranka turns out to be the clone of Alto’s dead mother combined with a Vajra queens DNA. A tiny error in the cloning process turned her blue hair green.

Sheryl is the daughter of Grace Nome (whose maiden name was Langley). Sheryl was traumatised as a kid when Grace committed suicide (and was rebuild as a cyborg by Mao Nome who couldn’t let her daughter go). She is now on permanent medication against depressions. Also Ozma has an older half sister called Misato.

Varja are the result biological experiment called “Angel” by the Seele corporation who sponsored the 117th science fleet. A defence contractor called Nerv had to file for bankruptcy a few years back after one of their mechas caused some collateral damage in Tokyo 3. The failed company was bought by a Zentran entrepeneur and renamed SMS.

The Varja have a red mecha as their main heavy fighter. Thi is derived of a red prototype mecha called Unit 2. It could not function without an external power source. Splicing in a lobsters DNA in to the production model solved this problem. It also improved the taste of the mecha so it could double as a food source in times of scarcity for other Varja.

Altos father is involved with a fold instrumentality project but details are sketchy.

Non related news: it would seem Kawamori needed a short holiday and turned over the creative reigns for the last ten episodes of Macross Frontier to his old friend Anno.

*** Ok, I need to lay of the coffee***

Edited by Bri

Subtle difference she calls her Fairy Nine (in english)... not "the ninth fairy"... that dosn't neccisarily mean she's the 9th anything. It could just be a codename. After all Mistress 9, in Sailor Moon wasn't the 9th Messiah of Silence. It could have just been something the writers thought sounded cool.

LOL, you guys kill me. You can make the stretch that Sheryl is some sort of Ranshe/Mao clone with little to not evidence outside of a screen shot and the last name of someone who've we've come to find out had a totally fabricated life, but you can't see the likelyhood of Sherly being one in a line of test subjects based on the scene where she is referred to by Grace and her cohorts as the 9th Fairy?

:rolleyes:

@Duke Togo

Why do you still keep trolling this "theory" thread you know, they're just theories! There's nothing immoral about guessing, no one is harmed. They are not imposing their ideas onto you. Now, you don't have to impose YOUR ideas that people should not make theories if they sound convoluted to you.

Because I disagree with you, I'm trolling? I've insulted no one here, nor have I intentionally made any inflammatory comments. Fact is we were finally provided with some real information about Sheryl's origins after this thread was started. I am simply working off of that.

Right now, I am going by Shery's memories, Grace's story, and Ozma's total lack of any recognition when it comes to Sheryl, and he was there when the 117th Fleet incident went down. But we still have anywhere from 8 to 10 episodes left, so who knows. Kawamori could do anything he wanted with it, really. I just happen to think anything that really goes past what we already know is going to come off and very convoluted to me.

All this "Ranshe looks like Sheryl" talk had me notice this. Excuse me if this has been mentioned, but Ranshe>RanShe>Ran(ka)She(ryl). Coupled with the supposed Sheryl looks and Ranka's hair color. Maybe it's an animator's joke or outright laziness. Though for now, Sheryl's a waif/experiment. Ranka probably too.

I've probably just fueled another page or two for you, Mr. Togo.

Mike_S, I think he's just having a little fun. Why so serious?

All this "Ranshe looks like Sheryl" talk had me notice this. Excuse me if this has been mentioned, but Ranshe>RanShe>Ran(ka)She(ryl).

Yeah, this was brought up when we first learned her name. I don't know what to think about it, really.

LOL, you guys kill me. You can make the stretch that Sheryl is some sort of Ranshe/Mao clone with little to not evidence outside of a screen shot and the last name of someone who've we've come to find out had a totally fabricated life, but you can't see the likelyhood of Sherly being one in a line of test subjects based on the scene where she is referred to by Grace and her cohorts as the 9th Fairy?

I didn't say she's isn't the 9th anything... I'm just saying that Fairy Nine doesn't have to mean that... and even provided context from another Japanese show where someone had 9 at the end of their name without being the 9th.

I still think there's more to her then a simple street urchin... but we'll see. She knew she was an orphan before, so I don't think this changes things much.

Edited by lord_breetai

a screenshot would help, I didn't see it

here it is:

l_ddb1dd7edab9f7c45c864dc140274961.jpg

sorry I used the horribleraw for the screenshot, but I havent gotten the HD raw yet. on second inspection, it isnt identical, but the way the bang is set off with the clip/tie is certainly significant.

Edited by Shaka_Z

here it is:

l_ddb1dd7edab9f7c45c864dc140274961.jpg

sorry I used the horribleraw for the screenshot, but I havent gotten the HD raw yet. on second inspection, it isnt identical, but the way the bang is set off with the clip/tie is certainly significant.

To honor her grannie perhaps?

^_^

Btw... I'm a bit confused... Is Ranka the only survivor from the 117th fleet or one of the few?

AFAIK Leon mentioned that there were several survivors during his VAJRA research speech on Island 3... But I've seen in some sites that she was the only one... Any official word on that? :blink:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

To honor her grannie perhaps?

^_^

Btw... I'm a bit confused... Is Ranka the only survivor from the 117th fleet or one of the few?

AFAIK Leon mentioned that there were several survivors during his VAJRA research speech on Island 3... But I've seen in some sites that she was the only one... Any official word on that? :blink:

Okay...let's think this through. Some websites say that Ranka was the only survivor, but Leon, IN THE SHOW ITSELF, gathers together a group of survivors.

The correct answer should be clear, I hope... ^_^

Okay...let's think this through. Some websites say that Ranka was the only survivor, but Leon, IN THE SHOW ITSELF, gathers together a group of survivors.

Indeed... I would trust the show first above anything else...

^_^

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Ozma also being one of the survivors.

• 1 month later...

Again, all I said was that they say Fairy Nine and not 9th Fairy... and I pointed out another case where the exact same wording was used (Mistress Nine in Sailor Moon) where it wasn't the 9th anything.

Oh and finally got around to watching ep 24 (I was busy with school)

So, I'm wondering do you still think it was bad story telling fo her to be an actual Nome and Sheryl's grand-daughter? cause I don't think it was that bad.