Official Releases of DVD & Blue-Ray.

http://www.yesasia.com/global/search-movie...03-en/list.html

So with this website it's usually 50 bucks overpriced, but they have free shipping, but anyways, is the Zero blue-ray really worth 150 (and the amount they have included for the reason of free shipping)???

I'd love to get a hold of the macross Zero blue-ray set (one or two discs?), it's worth the effort to aquire, i'd imagine it would look simply outstanding.

Any one got the set?

I bought my Zero dvd (all OVA on one) for like 10 bucks on ebay, but really want a highend quality/production.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=BCXA-62 - $184.60

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-13c-49-en-70-2p26.html - $199.90 ...

i hate answering my own questions when the answer is a nasty one! :(:angry:

Bandai Visual has announced that it will be releasing the Macross Zero video anime series in a Blu-ray Disc Box on August 22. The two discs (one BD25G, the other BD50G) will feature 16:9-aspect-ratio, 1080i-resolution high-definition video and Dolby True HD (5.1 ch) or linear PCM stereo audio. It will also include 20 pages of liner notes, the "Macross Zero Zero" parody extra that was in the fourth DVD volume, and the audio commentary by the four main voice cast members that was in the 5th DVD volume.

I guess it's cool it has 20 pages of stuff.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Amazon.co.jp has it for 15400 yen (no tax, roughly $143 currently) plus shipping... to the US it's 2000 yen (to California at least... $18.50 or so), additional items are about 300 yen each shipped. edit: I've heard they're great for shipping to Europe, but i assume Aussie is Australia, so your results may vary.

Of course, you're at the mercy of the exchange rate, CC conversion fees (2-4% on average in the US), and duties, but it still probably ends up being cheaper, especially if you want multiple items. I'm getting the Zero box and Lion single, next month from them.

As far as whether it's worth it... that's a question you have to ask yourself.... -_-

Edited by stray

For Zero, i don't need to have subtitles, as i pretty much know it off by heart, but still.

Do you think someone could crack into the blue-ray to add in subtitles like the bandai and FX versions of DYRL?

Even if you think it's remotely possible i'd like to know. 200 bucks is alot of money, but my bro and I might invest in a PS3...

but then we'd have to mod it (if that's even possible) to allow the different region.

Urhk, i think i conned myself out of it. :lol:

Are there region free Blue Ray players out there yet? And if they are region free for blue ray discs, what about DVD's as well? That would be awesome.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Are there region free Blue Ray players out there yet? And if they are region free for blue ray discs, what about DVD's as well? That would be awesome.

According to the all knowledgable Harvey Norman people :unsure: in my local store most of the latest crop of players released in the last few weeks here in Aus are region free. The new Panasonic player has a sticker on the box saying it has been opened to be functionally checked or words to that effect and in the past that has meant they doctor them to be region free after they arrive in Aus.

Im waiting for my 1st Ed Blue Ray Frontier DVD to arrive from Japan (was sent a few days ago) and then take it to the store and prove it one way or the other.

wow nice! yeah please let me/us know if it works, and if you have a regioned 2 or whatever DVD see if that works as well k?

So are you able to understand Japanese or hoping someone will invent subtitles to be forged on somehow?

Cheers gunny! :)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

wow nice! yeah please let me/us know if it works, and if you have a regioned 2 or whatever DVD see if that works as well k?

So are you able to understand Japanese or hoping someone will invent subtitles to be forged on somehow?

Cheers gunny! :)

What country are you in mate? If you are in the US, then its the same region as Japan so no need for a modded system/player.

Hong Kong is also the same region (for all those kick ass action flix ;-)

I doubt that anyone will crack and sub Blu-ray anytime soon since it would be a pretty expensice experiment.

Personally tho, I have my Zero box ordered and cant wait. Having just watched the BR of Frontier, its amazing what a visual difference the format makes.

If you are watching on a HDTV I definately would recommend getting it.

I'll be taking a whole heap of different types of DVDs in as some of the blue ray players don't handle DivX, some don't to Avi etc, so I'm taking a DVD of every type of format that you're likely to come across except mkv (as I'm pretty sure no DVD player can handle them and besides I can convert them easily enough).

Hopefully that will be no later than the end of next week.

What country are you in mate? If you are in the US, then its the same region as Japan so no need for a modded system/player.

I doubt that anyone will crack and sub Blu-ray anytime soon since it would be a pretty expensice experiment.

Personally tho, I have my Zero box ordered and cant wait. Having just watched the BR of Frontier, its amazing what a visual difference the format makes.

I reckon the Aussie in the From: sort of gives that away ;)

Edited by thegunny

Australia. :(

Of course, you're at the mercy of the exchange rate, CC conversion fees (2-4% on average in the US), and duties, but it still probably ends up being cheaper, especially if you want multiple items. I'm getting the Zero box and Lion single, next month from them.

If you live in America, get a Capital One credit card. They don't charge the conversion fees, so it's like saving an extra 2% on purchases.

Personally, I like HMV better. Their shipping start at 1,200 for two items and below (and are about 300 yen for additional items), plus on certain items like Blu-rays (not anime DVDs), you can earn points for extra percentage off. Only bad part is that for box sets, they do charge by weight, so shops like Amazon can be a little cheaper.

If you live in America, get a Capital One credit card. They don't charge the conversion fees, so it's like saving an extra 2% on purchases.

Personally, I like HMV better. Their shipping start at 1,200 for two items and below (and are about 300 yen for additional items), plus on certain items like Blu-rays (not anime DVDs), you can earn points for extra percentage off. Only bad part is that for box sets, they do charge by weight, so shops like Amazon can be a little cheaper.

I'm morally opposed to Capital One... although I may have to look into it... AmEx charges me 2% I think but their conversion rate is pretty fair. Sigh... what's one more credit card ^_^

How does HMV ship? Regardless of Amazon's somewhat high shipping rate, I did get Frontier BD volume one delivered yesterday at 9:30AM PDT (although no one was home to sign for it ;;), so I've got to give it up for them on that count. I might have to give HMV a shot for BD volume 2... especially if they guarantee first pressing.

Thanks for the heads up, regardless.

Edited by stray

HMV uses what most jp. stores use, EMS and that's pretty fast, I'd say you'll get your item in less than a week for sure. Amazon.jp ships whatever they have in stock, so if you have more than one item ordered, they might run out of first pressing editions before your order ships. HMV allocates the item to your order, so if you preorder soon enough, you'll definetly get first pressing regardless of when your order ships. Also you can contact their customer support to confirm you'll be getting the first pressing (CDJ displays if you have the 1st press ordered, but they're quite a bit more expensive).

Missed this bit B4.

I'm currently attempting to learn it, so this could be viewed as homework ;)

First pressing has extras... you can check on cdjapan what those are. And damn it, the extras are random for vol.1 you get one of two illustrations, maybe this is a sign I should get the dvd release as well (plus covers are bigger :/ )

Seems there's also a store exclusive 'zentradi' cover I think, reversible with the normal cover on the back: http://www.dot-anime.com/feature/035.html I added some picture I grabbed from yahoo auctions.

post-9374-1217146308_thumb.jpg

post-9374-1217146315_thumb.jpg

post-9374-1217146320_thumb.jpg

post-9374-1217146324_thumb.jpg

Edited by VitoP

First pressing has extras... you can check on cdjapan what those are. And damn it, the extras are random for vol.1 you get one of two illustrations, maybe this is a sign I should get the dvd release as well (plus covers are bigger :/ )

Seems there's also a store exclusive 'zentradi' cover I think, reversible with the normal cover on the back: http://www.dot-anime.com/feature/035.html I added some picture I grabbed from yahoo auctions.

I got the Volume 1 blu-ray and got neither of the cards in your second pic i just got two sticker sheets with the nyan nyan commercial character on it.

By the way mine came from amazon.jp

Edited by Sorata

The US and Japan are both region 1 on Blu-ray games and movies so yes it does and it looks great on a 52" 1080p DLP TV :)

Does the Macross F Blu-ray have English subtitles?

I'm asking because I have the Innocence (GitS) Japanese Blu-ray and it has English as a subtitle option.

Though I speak a little Japanese, my wife doesn't (she's also a big Macross Fan), so I wouldn't be able to justify the purchase to her if there aren't any English subtitles.

Whenever a US company gets balls enough to tell HG to stick it up their rears, and licenses Frontier. I'm currently hoping Funimation does it, since Bandai seems to be doing they're usual runaround with the issue.

Whenever a US company gets balls enough to tell HG to stick it up their rears, and licenses Frontier. I'm currently hoping Funimation does it, since Bandai seems to be doing they're usual runaround with the issue.

Isn't Funimation bankrolling the next Shadow Chronicles atrocity? Seems unlikely that they would tell HG to get bent when they're investing in them...

Does the Macross F Blu-ray have English subtitles?

I'm asking because I have the Innocence (GitS) Japanese Blu-ray and it has English as a subtitle option.

Though I speak a little Japanese, my wife doesn't (she's also a big Macross Fan), so I wouldn't be able to justify the purchase to her if there aren't any English subtitles.

No subs of any kind. Also amazon.jp does not give out the bonus items with the first press of it unlike other sites hence I didnt get the art card.

Edited by Sorata

For those with a HD TV this DVD looks great.

Can confirm that this has no subtitles or none that my PS3 could select under subtitle options.

If the first release is to have an art card then you... or at least I was out of luck with Yesasia.com.

Unless that sheet of stickers that looks like the Yum-Yum commercial is the bonus item.?????

The DVD does have a little book that appears to have history of Macross, the Macross F story, Two character outlines, two mech descriptions, and line art. All in Japanese. Looks like a little book will be included with each disk.

On the disk is the Yak Deculture #1, Deculture #1, TV Episode #1, and Yak Deculture with commentary.

The menus are all in English!!!!

Just hope that future releases have more than one episode or this will be really expensive to watch.

So how much is Rosetta Stone Japanese? We'll need it if Bandai doesn't want to give us subtitles.

post-3784-1217557413_thumb.jpg

post-3784-1217557429_thumb.jpg

post-3784-1217557448_thumb.jpg

All that stuff in the photo was inside the case.

Working from the lower left corner up.

1. Card that I guess is proof that this is a real Bandai Visual Blu-Ray or a way to register your disk.

2. Future release information on Macross F with a picture of VF-25s and VB-6 information.

3. Future release of other Macross DVD's note the Blu-ray Macross Zero.

Center column

1. Technical info on Blu-ray disks.

2. The Macross F story and art book.

3. Beat Magazine is a list of music releases, not all Macross.

Right column

1. Yum Yum stickers, like bonus stamps for a restaurant.

2. Membership card to the Emotion Fan Club.

This is all a guess. Hope that someone that can read Japanese can confirm or deny my speculation.

If the first release is to have an art card then you... or at least I was out of luck with Yesasia.com.

Unless that sheet of stickers that looks like the Yum-Yum commercial is the bonus item.?????

Mine was indeed first release but I didnt get the card either, it is suppossed to be one of two random cards that were packaged outside the dvd itself. Because of that most places didnt give them out which was my case with amazon.jp The two cards were bigger than a dvd case and one had a valkyrie from each series in it and one wasw art of the vf-25 along with a headshot of the vf-25f alto version. Here is the link to what one looks like http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...6545&st=780 see post 785.