Xam'd: Bonen no Xamdou

wolfx

Ep 6. I love how akiyuki was just pushed off the plane....LOL! What if he didn't land on Nakiami's plane? Will she be able to catch him? :lol:

Edited by wolfx

Ep 6. I love how akiyuki was just pushed off the plane....LOL! What if he didn't land on Nakiami's plane? Will she be able to catch him? :lol:

Yeah; he's got a rough life, to say the least. ^_^

The Runner (can't remember his name) seemed to have a lot of faith in Nakiami's piloting skills though. By the way, episode 7 is up now.

Ok, finally sat down with the first 6 episodes. I love the character designs, the animation is solid, as is the direction. The Xam'd design itself isn't all that great, I just don't get that "fools about to get blasted!" feeling when our hero goes all Xam'd on the Humanforms. But, the story has my interest so far, and its easy to continue and watch a series with this level of quality. Looks like another winner by BONES.

Episode 8 is up. ^_^

Really good character development. I always suspected that Furuichi was an insecure, jealous jackass; now I know that I was right. Someone needs to introduce his face to a brick wall. <_<

I liked

the tension during the reunion with Akiyuki and Haru, and Akiyuki's revelation of his Xam'd infection. Very bittersweet. It looks like he's going to loose a lot of Nakiami's attention, however. The missing Xam'd shipmate that was hinted at at the beginning of the series is back for episode 9. A former lover of hers?

Edited by wraith1701

w00ts! Raigyo is back!! How awesome is that??

He probably will get shaved into some Roy Focker-ish character next episode. The preview of the captain getting close to him (without glasses) was hilarious. Makes me think she's gonna kick him in the nuts or something.

Thanks to MW forums, I've started watching this series just recently and I have to say that the animation quality is quite spectacular, like the way Akiyuki runs to and fumbles about in his dad's clinic. It feels so "lively," so animated. So far, I'm loving the characters and the setting. The story, while a little fragmented at the moment IMO, has a nice air of mystery to it. Just watched up until ep 7. Hope it gets even better.

Just watched up until ep 7. Hope it gets even better.

It does. ^_^

GGR's episode 9 is out; pretty good episode. Light on action, but lots of character development.

w00ts! Raigyo is back!! How awesome is that??

He probably will get shaved into some Roy Focker-ish character next episode. The preview of the captain getting close to him (without glasses) was hilarious. Makes me think she's gonna kick him in the nuts or something.

Interesting/ironic choice of words! Yeah; his character makes the group dynamic a lot more interesting.

It looks like he's going to loose a lot of Nakiami's attention, however. The missing Xam'd shipmate that was hinted at at the beginning of the series is back for episode 9. A former lover of hers?

Looks like I was right. ^_^

Edited by wraith1701

Just realized that Bones' productions tend to feature these voice actors: Keiji Fujiwara (Holland, Eureka; Maes Hughes, Fullmetal; Raigyo, Xam'd) and Michiko Neya (Talho, Eureka; Hawkeye, Fullmetal; Prois, Xam'd). And Nakiami's voice actress did Renton from Eureka as well. Just thought this to be interesting.

I have to say, Furuichi's turn is just a wee bit cliched. I think we all saw that coming a mile away.

He's a jealous idiot/jerk. He saw his friend 1st hand and rejected him. :angry:

But Raigyo is awesome. :D

I've been looking into this. It looks interesting. Any suggestions on which rip is the best. I grabbed Fabulous for now since it actually mentions it's res. Any 1080 rips out there?

Looking on 4chan, someone got a heck of a hack job in the latest episode...

I've been looking into this. It looks interesting. Any suggestions on which rip is the best. I grabbed Fabulous for now since it actually mentions it's res. Any 1080 rips out there?

Looking on 4chan, someone got a heck of a hack job in the latest episode...

I've been going with Fabulous as well. And I don't believe PSN puts the show out in 1080.

• 2 weeks later...
I have to say, the other releases I have checked out besides Fabulous have all been pretty subpar. Nowhere near the audio or video quality.

Probably has to do with Fabulous having a much larger encode.... which I personally out of own principle do not download nor keep HD files.

Anyway updated till ep 11. So far so good. We see abit of Raigo's past...when he got rescued by a the child, Nakiami. Nakiami leaves the Zanbani and she shares a tender moment with Ishu. :( I was glad Ahm didn't kick the bucket yet. Kinda got me worried there. :wacko:

Haru still looks cute with short hair and Furuichi finally admitting being a shadow to Akiyuki makes me sympathise with him abit....but he's still a jerk. :angry:

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like a 13th to begin with... :p

Seriously, what group is the more reliable for this one? I downloaded the 12 releases from [GGR], but I can't find their 13th, if any, and I don't speak about their 14th...

wasnt there a big crack down on ppl distributing this, thats prob why we cant see any past 12 in good quality, and only saw 13 in shocking quality..

pity really, its a great show IMO

No...its just the PSN undergoing a major upgrade so nothing can be downloaded off it for awhile, Xam'd included. Upgrade might or might not have been because of ppl ripping Xam'd off the PSN.

lol it probably is for that reason, so no more free anime.

Gotta laugh though, reading through some of the comments left of various torrent sites of ppl complaining ' how dare they do this' or ' such money hungry basts' and the like, ... all from those getting it for nothing

but i digress ;-)

so wonder if theres anywhere that tells exactly what the update is?

Nah...even if ppl wanted to buy Xam'd legally off PSN, they can't cause the service is on hiatus.

Anyway the Japanese broadcast of Xam'd has already reached ep 12 as of last week so we might see better quality fansubs soon as we don't have to rely on PSN rips.

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched episodes 13 and 14 - really nice!

Furuichi's incomplete Xam'd form reminds me of the No Face (is that what it's called?) creature from Spirited Away. And did he just kill himself? Can he even die like that? And Fusa chasing after her son so desperately really tugs on the heartstrings. A powerful scene, that.

Edited by todd77

• 4 weeks later...
Just watched episodes 13 and 14 - really nice!

Furuichi's incomplete Xam'd form reminds me of the No Face (is that what it's called?) creature from Spirited Away. And did he just kill himself? Can he even die like that? And Fusa chasing after her son so desperately really tugs on the heartstrings. A powerful scene, that.

Yeah....there's just something about Xam and its running/flying/motorcycling scenes that kinda tugs on your heartstrings isn't it? The musical score is beautiful too.

After a long hiatus, i caught up to Xam until ep 18.....another person leaves the island!! Haru running off on her journey was really poignant. It was kind of sad that Midori decides to join the military stubbornly even after Haru tells her not to. :( Next ep preview, Haru seems like she has grown as a character and will be saving Akiyuki!