Macross Frontier Plot Progression

wolfx

What do you think of the plot progression so far?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the plot progression so far?

• Its great! Best anime plot by today's standards!
    • Its okay. Could do with improvements
    • Its horrid. Even I can write a better script.
    • What plot?

Keep it civil. ^_^

I personally feel that Frontier could do with a more modern narrative style. The show goes with a "old anime" feel where things are taken for granted with little development on side characters and sometimes even the main characters themselves. Example: Alto's training was less than half an episode, so is Ranka's shot to fame and the interactions between characters in school could've been far more developed than they are currently. (And Klan Klan needs more screen time :p)

I feel that Kawamori's promise of a "Highschool Romance in the Macross Universe" undelivered....which probably to some people would rather it not be a highschool romance.

So what do you think of how the plot s progressing so far? Awesome? Ok? Not? Discuss! ;)

ok i could throw out complex plot analyses, observations on pacing, characterizations, and the logical, natural flow of events, cross-reference them with other popular and/or critically acclaimed anime series..

but nah, the bottom line is that i'm enjoying every minute of the series, haven't been bored by a single episode yet, haven't lost interest-momentum (there are some anime that, no matter how good or brilliant, i just find myself losing some momentum in watching it), and i'm always waiting in anticipation for the next episode.

so i voted GREAT. :)

and before anyone says, "well that's because you're a macross fan!", a friend of mine who is neither a macross fan nor a mecha fan is hooked to the series as bad as i am. and she's quite picky with her anime. so i'm taking that as a sign that i'm not TOO biased about this. :D

personally, i think they're doing well with plot development given the limited number of episodes. so far they have been able to fit in several concepts and characters, without them being too forced or hurried.

It´s the best anime show in years for me. I never thought before of downloading Raws, now I am giddily hitting refresh every thursday until finally the HorribleRaws link pops up.

It´s a perfect combination for me: Variable fighters, Zentraedi, great characters, references to the history of the franchise, a great plot, did I mention the great characters? I hope it keeps them alive for a long time, hopefully a second season. I really want to see more of them than just 25 episodes.

How can you tell yet? Do you know where the story is going? As I've said elsewhere, when the broadcast edition of ep. 1 came out, many people here were complaining because the battle scene was shortened so they could include the scene of Sheryl falling and Alto rescuing her. None of us realized how important it was (and that it was much more important than watching a bunch of Ghosts blow up) until episode 2. I've seen series that appear to be meandering and plotless, and then suddenly twist the threads and everything comes together beautifully. Likewise, I've seen series that seem focussed and logical, and suddenly cock it up at the end.

Enjoy the ride now, and analyze it when it's finished.

I think impatience has hit an all time high :)

I've been unsatisfied with only two episodes out of the 12 that have aired thus far. I'd call that great, but that's just me. Only once the series is over will I know for sure if it works as a complete series. Other than that, this narrative complaint just comes across as another extreme; some fans are complaining Macross Frontier is too modern and not Macross enough and now here we have a thread claiming Macross Frontier is too much old school Macross and not modern enough. I'm gonna go with slow and steady wins the race and see how the show turns out.

12 episides into the latest Macross saga, I've come to feel that one of the new series strengths is its refusal to out and out "tell" us anything and instead give us little clues and hints througout the episode. Of course it's not perfect, but it's better than alot of series which tend to simply give out everything as soon as it's convenient for something to be revealed.

Edited by d3v

I think there needs to be a shower scene every episode. More Valkyries with speakers, too.

There's alot of layers right now in Frontier that I hope we get a proper conclusion to. The love triangles, the Vajra, the politics, Galaxy, Brera, etc. I mean so far they've done a really good job of blending everything together, but... we're only at the halfway point, if even. So help me if they f this one up... :angry:

Of course, I'm absolutely obsessive about Frontier so far, and it's kind of creeping me out, but overall I'm ok with it.

Thread = yes. Poll = no. Between the Favorite VF and Frontier Girls threads (not counting episode threads), we already have 2 polls still on the 1st page. Let one die out.