- ZZ Gundam

- Gundam F90

- V Gundam

Super robot type Gundam show

- G Gundam

- Wing Gundam

- Gundam SEED

- Gundam SEED Destiny

^_^ I haven't watch turn A Gundam yet lol.

Again, please excuse my Gundam ignorance, but I just learned that some of these (Master Grade?) model kits are pre-colored and snap-together. For those who have built these, do they look good without paint/prep? More specifically, are these showcase worthy without filling in seam lines with putty and airbrushing?

Well, on the most of the releases, pretty much every single piece is separate and molded in color, eyes and chin bits included. Snapped they look OK... they'll still look really toy-like bc/ the colors will be really plasticy... if you spray them with a matte-finish or something after building them they'll look a little better, but you'll still have like sprue marks and such... they'll look like really clean action figures, not showcase models. Without any paint they are just kinda bland looking.

Again, hit up dalong.net for pics of every MG, PG, HGUC, and other modern like releases...

Edited by promethuem5

Again, please excuse my Gundam ignorance, but I just learned that some of these (Master Grade?) model kits are pre-colored and snap-together. For those who have built these, do they look good without paint/prep? More specifically, are these showcase worthy without filling in seam lines with putty and airbrushing?

Its looks good for me, I have both MG Zeta plus (C1 and A1), here the pic of it:

Zeta_C1_MG.jpg

I painted the A1 in Titan color, but I dont have the pic of it.

I also managed to kitbash 1/144 Zeta Plus Gundam with a 1/144 S Gundam/Bst to make the Humming bird :lol:

Zeta_C1_kitbash.jpg

Edited by Morpheus

Well, on the most of the releases, pretty much every single piece is separate and molded in color, eyes and chin bits included.

Now I see why these things are so expensive, at least at my local hobby shops. I recall seeing a display case in a comic/game store which had many impressive looking Gundam models. I asked the fat guy at the register who built them, and he said he did all of them himself -- now, I am not so impressed. <_< I have the impression that it does not take much skill or time to make these kits look good; am I right? If so, I may go get one at lunch, tomorrow. :)

edit: I've had these kits for years and never built them. These require glue and paint/prep. At this point in my life, I have even less time to put into model kits. :(

pc240002rw4.jpg

Edited by Wicked Ace

So you seem to think that being fat and working behind a register means that you have no modelling skills. :mellow:

Don't waste your money buying anymore kits as I reckon they'll be beyond you. ;)

In order of your selections:

1. The Strike Noir...I bought on its release day in Akihabara last year...wasn't really poplular but I find the design very cool. Watch Gundam seed stargazer to see it in action. Unique strike gundam design. I haven't built mine yet. I'm a bit backlogged.

Im almost positive Im goingt o get this one next

2. 1/100 justice...very cool but won't be as detailed as the MG kits. ALso its pinker than it is shown in the anime.

Its the pinkness that has me see-sawing on this one. I like the design, but not the colours...

3. The EX ship kits are awsome but you have to glue and paint them. If you have the skills go for it. These are also pretty big.

SWEET! This is what I need to hear: So the ships are in a scale/line called EX? And they dont come prepainted or anything, they are raw kits that have to be totally assembled? These seem to be the hardest thing to get info on. Are there ships from the earlier shows too?

4. Same goes for the EX eternal.

5. Same as #2 in regards to quality. They are the same scale as the MG kits though which is nice for both this and the Justice since I don't think there are MG kits of them.

This one really grew on me. i liked the idea of pulling the massive sword out...

6. Supposedly the Unicorn gundam is incredible. CHeck the gundam thread since some of the members reviewed it there. Many moving parts.

i saw that ina shop locally. It sounds sorta dumb, but looks cool.

7. I was thinking about getting Lucas MG strike myself...looks very cool.

yeah i think this one will happen down the track if it hapens for me...

8. MG hi V gundam ....a good kit. Lots of detail.

Also saw this to buy locally, but it's sorta pricey. I do love the colours though...

9. I've heard that this F91 mass pro kit (MG) isn't the best for quality.

i kinda dug the colou on this, but Im not sure abou the big hip guns...

10. Zeta gundam v2.0 MG is A true work of Art. Don't pass on it.

See, I dunno about that one. It seems a tad generic to me. What makes it better than the others?

11. MG MK-II Aeug is a good kit.

yeah i digthat one...

12. MG EX-S gundam is tryly awsome. Very large, expensive and awsome. Now they just need to make an MG deep striker pack for it.

Ill have to look for better pics to decide. Its bordering on the "Too elabrate" front for me...

13. C1 Zeta MG kit. I would do some checking to make sure this is based on the v2.0 zeta or else the transformation will stink like the v1.0 zeta. This might be a prototype pic since I think this kit usually comes in orange colors.

ironically (For a Macross fan) the transforming ones appeal to me less overall than the simpler ones. Its pretty cool though.

14. G Gundam MG kit. I've heard this is only of average quality. Plus G Gundam is considered one of the worst gundam series. Its like gundam wrestling and kung fu with horrible characters.

ph yeah it looked goofy as hell.

15. The MG EZ-8 kit from 8th ms team. I have this kit and it is and fun build. Don't try panel lining it with a gundam pen. It over does it...use a pencil instead. The EZ-8 is a modified gundam and has a lot of extra hatches and stuff the normal ground type gundam doesn't. A good kit...I think I paid about $40 for mine.

See, again its a little to blocky oerall for me. I just liked the colours.

Thanks for all the help on this man!

Am finished on my Freedom, now to start on the Crossbones...

So you seem to think that being fat and working behind a register means that you have no modelling skills. :mellow:

Don't waste your money buying anymore kits as I reckon they'll be beyond you. ;)

:lol: I don't know about "no modeling skills," but my comment was in regard to the possibility these kits on display required no paint/prep or even glue -- a fact the skilled modeler in question left out. ;)

Wait can 0080 be classified as Newtype? I don't think Chris was a newtype, she was intimidated when a EFSF officer told her that the true potential of the ALEX would/could be unlocked by a newtype. Or something like that. Nothing she did struck me as newtype.

True, Christina wasn't a Newtype, but I think ANYONE would be intimidated by testing a mobile suit due to be given to Amuro Ray...

(And how do we KNOW Christina wasn't a Newtype? Because of the ironclad rule of Gundam: "NEWTYPE GIRLS MUST DIE!" And she didn't.)

Heh we know she wasnt a newtype because she almost got killed and destroyed the Alex fighting a garden variety Zaku (albeit with some extra boosters but still a zaku none the less).

Good point. Amuro cut through one of those like it was butter, and he:

A) was piloting a less advanced mobile suit.

B) had no idea how to drive it.

So either the Alex isn't as good as it's cracked up to be (unlikely), Bernie's REALLY REALLY good (again, unlikely), or Christina just plain sucks.

wow.

i have no idea what yu're talking about.

Ace - Ill tryand get some pics up soon. Im over my monthly data limit so my net is slow right now. Ill have to wait till it comes back up.

crossbones is coming along slowly, but well. this sucker is pretty coo9l, it has HEAPS of weapons all over it! its also challengingly slow to assemble, but thats ok, Im having fun with it.

(And how do we KNOW Christina wasn't a Newtype? Because of the ironclad rule of Gundam: "NEWTYPE GIRLS MUST DIE!" And she didn't.)

Because it was never explicitly said, nor implied. Also, Bernie by all means, was a newbie. There were no hints of Christina even predicting her enemy's movements either. She was even desperate in her counter attacks. Sure she took out Misha rather easily, but that could also be due to the fact that the arm cannon in the Alex may have used high calibre rounds.

Add to the fact, Bernie was using a damaged Zaku(yea repaired, but still that thing wasn't exactly mint).

Because it was never explicitly said, nor implied. Also, Bernie by all means, was a newbie. There were no hints of Christina even predicting her enemy's movements either. She was even desperate in her counter attacks. Sure she took out Misha rather easily, but that could also be due to the fact that the arm cannon in the Alex may have used high calibre rounds.

Add to the fact, Bernie was using a damaged Zaku(yea repaired, but still that thing wasn't exactly mint).

And, as I said, Newtype Girls Must Die. Chris didn't die. Ergo, Chris is not a Newtype.

Ive started watching Seed now, and while Im enjoying it, Im not finding it as good as 00. The designs on the GUndams arent hooking me as much, the charatcers, while good, arent as compelling and overall its just a weaker one.

The suits get better later in the series. I recently read that Bandai now considers the Freedom the most popular gundam ever in regards to sales revenue. Its right up there in my top 3 gundam designs as well.

Hey, at least it's better than that "I'm not lookin' for a one night stand" song from 0083!

Yeah, but 0083's soundtrack went with its Top Gun-esque storyline, and perhaps the song was referring to the moron Monsha's constant hard-on for Nina.

*edit*. On 2nd thought, I remembered the wrong song, now that I know which song you guys are talking about...yeah WHAT THE hell was that all about? LOL. That song was weird! Its like the staff was like, "Okay, okay, get this, we got MIO to do some freaking songs, how about we get this guy from OVERSEAS TO DO A SONG THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE STORY FOR THE ED! ITS MAGIC BECAUSE WE OURSELVES DON'T KNOW WHY THE HELL WE WANT THIS SONG FOR THE ENDING EITHER!~

"Beyond the Time" has to be one of the most fitting Gundam songs. Just saw Char's Counterattack in its entirety the other day. One of my favs now! There is definitely a winner in the rivalry, which is good, Char/Amuro's rivalry would have dragged and sucked had it been left open to debate.

"FUNNEL!"

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

That's the one.

And you're making me realize it's been far too long since I've watched 0083...

Saw some episodes back in 2002, never finished it. Just got it, never finished it. I am one the 2nd disc, love it so far! Definitely the Top Gun of Gundam. Uraki is a likeable character, despite facing the Nightmare of Solomon, he doesn't back down and still puts up a fight.

Ive started watching Seed now, and while Im enjoying it, Im not finding it as good as 00. The designs on the GUndams arent hooking me as much, the charatcers, while good, arent as compelling and overall its just a weaker one.

My exposure to Gundam anime thus far has been from beginning through "Phase 13" of Seed. It is not bad, but I hope it gets better. I picked up an MG "Strike Freedom Gundam" at lunch today; I guess this shows up at some point in Seed.

I'm fond of 0083, largely because its the first actual Gundam I saw - as opposed to reading about . Its hard to disagree with the article I read before I saw it, though, that its rather shallow but well detailed and somehow makes you care. Even if it has the most completely contrived plot twist ever. :)

I got a burnin' heart...

I'm not new to gundam by any means, but until now the only thing I have purchased have been the perfect grade model kits. The only problem is, most of the suits I consider my favorites aren't shown any love in that line. So I was wanting to buy some fix figures and some zeonograpgy figures. Could anyone tell me what scale these figures are in because I like to keep some sort of continuity. Thanks in advance. The figures I really want are mostly zeon suits, i.e. Gouf MS-07, Gouf Custom MS-07B-3, Gerbera Tetra, Kampfer, Geara-Doga, Qubeley, Gelgoog and various Dom's, and Zaku's etc. The list goes so I'll just end it there lol.

Could anyone tell me what scale these figures are in because I like to keep some sort of continuity. Thanks in advance. The figures I really want are mostly zeon suits, i.e. Gouf MS-07, Gouf Custom MS-07B-3, Gerbera Tetra, Kampfer, Geara-Doga, Qubeley, Gelgoog and various Dom's, and Zaku's etc. The list goes so I'll just end it there lol.

1/144. The bigger diecast ones are 1/100

I'm fond of 0083, largely because its the first actual Gundam I saw - as opposed to reading about . Its hard to disagree with the article I read before I saw it, though, that its rather shallow but well detailed and somehow makes you care. Even if it has the most completely contrived plot twist ever. :)

I got a burnin' heart...

I still think of it mostly as a between-meal snack to the full-course meals of MSG, MSZG, MSGZZ (kinda sorta), and CCA.

I never thought of it as shallow, though...if it is, I think it's simply because they didn't have 40+ episodes to play around with like the TV shows did.

And yeah...every Gundam show has betrayals and switching loyalties, but 0083's really came out of nowhere (and, I might add, went nowhere). But who cares? It's got the Dendrobium!!!