VE-1

mister_e

Since this is my first post, let me start by saying "Hi!"

Now, my question is why is there so much love for the VE-1? I mean, it only shows up in DYRL for like 2 to 3 seconds (unless I missed something). I have only seen SDF Macross TV, DYRL, Macross Plus, and Eps 1 & 2 of Macross Zero, is the VE-1 featured more prominently in any of the other Macross series?

I don't dislike the valk (don't necessarily like it either though), just curious why people seem to go so crazy for it.

Willkommen eir mister_e. Ich bein Macrossworld Forums.......

Like flash said it's different from the average cannon fodder VF-1. It's also shown in DYRL for a brief moment so it's more of a cameo role (much liike the GBP-1J). The Cat's Eye rules all. B))

The VE-1 is a unique valk that has a unique armor on a vf-1 valk. It's different from the other fighter planes and it's not ment to be a fighter plane either. So it's an awesome looking valk with or without the armor. :p:D:lol:

Like most others, I think variety is the big thing. The Elintseeker is just so different from your standard VF-1, or a VF-1 with FAST packs. I also think it looks a lot cooler than the Super Ostrich (which I'm also fond of).

I've been looking at pics of the VE-1 and VT-1 as those are the only 1/60's I don't have yet...and one thing caught my attention...neither of them comes with a gunpod (which makes sense), but they both come with the "gun-grip" right hand....wassupwitdat? Would it be so difficult to create an inverse mold of the closed fist and just give the valks two closed fist hands?? Oh well, I don't seem to recall seeing either in battroid in the movie anyway. Plus, with the ugly heads, I wouldn't want to display them in battroid mode anyway.

I'm still not sure about the VE-1, but I think I'll still get one...maybe it'll grow on me (figuratively not literally :p). Plus, I'm a freak and can't stand an incomplete collection.

The VE?............ Yech. I hate it. :angry:

Nah. Just kidding. :lol:

I don't hate it; but I also don't like/love it. For me, it's just like any other valk, and is definitely not on my "favorites" list. :rolleyes:

Since this is my first post, let me start by saying "Hi!"

Now, my question is why is there so much love for the VE-1? I mean, it only shows up in DYRL for like 2 to 3 seconds (unless I missed something). I have only seen SDF Macross TV, DYRL, Macross Plus, and Eps 1 & 2 of Macross Zero, is the VE-1 featured more prominently in any of the other Macross series?

I don't dislike the valk (don't necessarily like it either though), just curious why people seem to go so crazy for it.

I would chalk it up to a strange sort of supply and demand.

1) You only see it for a second in DYRL.

2) The only toy made of it (until Yamato's 1/60 release) became rare and valuable.

That, and as others have pointed out, it's more of a good thing. A different version of an old favorite: "variety is the spice of life."

I think Draykov got it right. I don't believe the VE-1 is all that popular to begin with but several factors have made it an item. When Bandai made their VE-1 toy back in 1990, it did not sell well. That translated into making them pretty rare today and a big collectors item. It was even more of a tease when Bandai looked like they were going to reissue all the 1/55's and then suddenly stopped. The other factor is that it is something very different from the typical valkyrie. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the VE-1 but after the flood of the same valks over and over, it is cool to get something different.

It so ugly its cool. Just imagine be the cool guy that gets to pilot it.

I always imagined it was punishment for something. Try piloting something with a giant dish on its head and probably no weapons. "You screwed up so you get to fly this awkward looking thing that would loose a fight to the French."