The Nek Basara Fan Worship & Love Thread

VFTF1

I decided to start this thread because I notice that there is no Basara worship and love thread. The purpose is to compile as many possible reasons for why Basara is worthy of love and worship. Here are the reasons I come up with - I'm sure lots of these will be obvious, but getting the obvious ones out of the way makes room for the more subtle ones to come:

1) Because he flies into combat in order to sing, and his songs are rock'n'roll revolutionary music that wants to show how beautiful life is and how stupid to fight is - which, if you think about it, is a radical and amazing thing. Actually - it's admirable.

2) Because it is rumored that he is the bastard child of Hikaru Ichijo and Lyn Minmey - and you know what - IF Hikaru and Minmey DID have a child - can anyone doubt that Neki Basara would fit the bill?

3) Because he is feareless in the face of peer pressure; and pressure from others - he always goes his own way, authentically seeking out what is right and best.

4) Because he seems to really love his fans and it's really cool that he gets exited when people DO listen to his music - he seems to take great pleasure from "converting" people to the idea of happiness.

5) Because he seems to be the only person in the Macross universe who UNDERSTOOD the lessons of Space War I - that it was culture and music and the feelings of love that helped humanity survive and triumph - that the biggest heroes were the civilians of Macross City who built a culture within the Super Dimmensional Fortress - and that the MAIN MISSION of the Macross 7 - like all other colonial ships - is to SPREAD CULTURE so that humanity does not just become another race of space fairing warriors like the Zendradi.

What other reasons are there to love him ? :)

VFTF1

6) Because he attracts many busty girls who are his friends but he shows little sexual interest in them. Thus leaving his roadies to take care of them. Not saying Basara's is gay. He just is on another plane of enlightenment with his dedication to his music.

7) Because he can sometimes sound eerily like a Japanese John Lennon.

8) Because he sang "Angel Voice," arguably one of the best Macross songs ever (although I like Mari Iijima's version a little more).

9) Because he looks especially cool in the OP and ED for Dynamite.

10) Because the scene where he high-fived Gamlin was inspired.

11) Because he turned an entire Meltrandi fleet into drooling Fire Bomber groupies...who WOULDN'T want to be part of the orgy that followed that episode?

Edited by Gubaba

2) Because it is rumored that he is the bastard child of Hikaru Ichijo and Lyn Minmey - and you know what - IF Hikaru and Minmey DID have a child - can anyone doubt that Neki Basara would fit the bill?

I always thought Max and Minmay. Hikaru doesn't wear glasses.

He annoys everyone.

This is one of those threads (former) member Agent One would have provided much entertainment in. :D

Hahaha, indeed. I can envision the post now. You could almost smell the testosterone and ambiguously gay Arnold Schwarzenegger love.

Vostok 7

post-176-1207363971_thumb.jpg

They're writing songs of love, but not for me.

A lucky star's above, but not for me.

With love to lead the way

I've found more clouds of grey

than any Russain play could guarantee.

I was a fool to fall and get that way;

Heigh-ho! Alas! And also, lack-a-day!

Although I can't dismiss the mem'ry of his kiss,

I guess he's not for me.

Just so you know - I will soon put that picture up on my laptop as the wallpaper... :)

For now - I have Misa and Hikaru embracing in Hikaru's VF-1S when they see the Macross return to earth after battling Boldoza :)

VFTF1