Any chance for a VF-11b 1/160 model?

Shishigami

In my opinion the best looking valk from M+. Has it been confirmed on denied as to whether it’s going to be made in the 1/60 scale. I am on a quest to have a complete M+ lineup and I would be heartbroken if they skipped over the best looking one.

It's not been confirmed by Yamato, but for the first run of M+ toys way back when, they came out with the YF-19 ... then the YF-21 ... it's a sure bet the VF-11 is soon to follow.

It's been unofficially nodded to as well, though I'm not so sure drawing a whole lot of attention to the specifics would be particularly welcomed by the management. (Blink and you can easily miss stuff around here :) ). PM me for details if you like. Suffice it to say for now that it's pretty much a sure thing.

What they said. Id say by the end of the year, though it will be the very end i suspect.

Probably like the nora, only a lucky few will get it before Christmas while other suckers like me have to wait a couple weeks into January!

I have lost all faith in USPS and all shipping companies. It's always a disaster and/or a hassle with them not delivering/package being destroyed/delivering it and having Mr. Door sign for package/package never arriving at all.

Unfortunately there's not like there are stores that I can easily drive to and pick up Yamato valkyries at for a price close to what you'd pay at HLJ after shipping. :(

I bitterly curse HG and what could have been if Toycom had not been interfered with when they were going to release the M+ 1/72 scale valkyries in the US. :(

My usual b**ching aside, I eagerly await a VF-11B. I can't wait to see how Yamato is going to resolve the issues of the old one and make the new one all purty and awesome beyond words. :D

I can't wait to see how Yamato is going to resolve the issues of the old one and make the new one all purty and awesome beyond words. :D

The shoulder sliders really kill the "1/72 scale" version for me. Even the too-small-v-stabs and too-short-arms don't get to me as much as the unsightly shoulder sliders. I'm eagerly awaiting both the official announcement and arrival of the 1/60 scale VF-11.

Personally I'm sick of the M+ scheme after owning the original and FP 1/72. I'd like a new VF-11, but not "grey with orange stripes". And the M7 scheme is just incredibly bland. Best is the VFX-2 scheme, that's awesome. Or Milia's.

Oh, just go ahead and suggest a Sundowners scheme, so we both can be happy. :D Member hellohikaru has the right idea.

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?act=...st&id=48696

OK, the yellow accents on the VF-X2 scheme are good, too. :) I'd buy definitely buy a VF-X Ravens version.

Edited by Wicked Ace

I think I recall graham saying "...use you common sense" which to me means "if it came out for the 1/72 that = it will come out for 1/60."

Why do you like the vf-11 so much? It's the cannon fodder. That's like saying I can't wait for the brownie vf-1 to come out in 1/60. :D

I'll admit it: I'm a big fan of this valk in fighter mode. I never really like the battroid that much though because of the shoulders looking strange; ie having a big square chunk of armor on the front face of the shoulder but nothing on the side or behind. That would be like a robot having a chest plate but no covering on the back. Whereas the yf-21 and 19 have these smooth curves and (for the 19) thrusters inside the shoulders, the vf-11 just has this square thing hanging off it. The head is basic, ("shrunken head" vf-1a design) but all of this is made up for by the fact it has the bayonet on the gunpod. Really useful if the gunpod jams or you are being rushed by a giant in a powersuit who wants to rush you.

Will be interesting to see if this thing can extend the wings all the way out this time. Oh and the FP and armor better come free with it. Unlike the VF-1 I do not think I want to buy this seperate. Maybe they could sell the vf-11 atmospheric boosters, the yf-19 underarm weapon, (isn't there official lineart now??) and the ghost x-9 drone together as a gift set for the uber macross plus geek who needs all the extras. (but only as a set - this is for serious collectors who own all three mac + fighters that appeared in the show. Making it all together exclusively would entice people to buy it all)

ahh the underarm weapon..

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I don't think it would appear though since there was no usage of this in the anime. (either the OVA or Movie version)

Did this wear the armor in the vfx games? Cuz if it did, then you could get the armor that way.

If yamato had the macross 7 license we could probably get our VF-4 because this thing appears in the Macross 7 trash manga. (miria is training pilots to use them)

Arrrgh, don't take this personally bandai but you suck for not making me a vf-4. (oh btw did that appear in the vfx games too?)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I don't think it would appear though since there was no usage of this in the anime. (either the OVA or Movie version)

Did this wear the armor in the vfx games? Cuz if it did, then you could get the armor that way.

If yamato had the macross 7 license we could probably get our VF-4 because this thing appears in the Macross 7 trash manga. (miria is training pilots to use them)

Arrrgh, don't take this personally bandai but you suck for not making me a vf-4. (oh btw did that appear in the vfx games too?)

yup the armor was present in VFX-2. Honestly IMO it makes the VF-11 look awesome.

But that's just me.

Isamu used a VF-11B, so it's not just cannon fodder. When we see it in M+ it's already becoming an outdated design, hence Project Supernova.

I love all modes of the VF-11. It's got a sleek sexy fighter mode, a interesting gerwalk (and I normally dislike gerwalk), and a nice thin awesome battroid. I particularly love the canards on it and how they make up part of the chest in battroid. It looks like a descendant of the VF-1 with those block shoulders, and the canards looking like the stripes on the chest of the VF-1. I like it for it's difference from the 19 and 21 as well. It's a nice transition piece from the VF-1 we all know and love (except you blasphemers :p ), to the brand spanking new 19 and 21.

Yes the VF-4 was in Macross Digital Mission VFX. The VA-3 replaced it in VFX2. :( I wanted to play as the VF-4, not the monstrosity that is the VA-3.

Nice idea about the VF-4 through Macross 7 Trash lowviz lurker. :)

While I'm not sick of the original color scheme of the VF-11 yet like David (can't blame you for it), I do look forward to seeing other color schemes come out for the VF-11 when it's released. :)

A fully-armored VF-11C was seen and even featured in M7. Lt Kinryu used it. Not some 2-sec cameo like in DYRL, it was probably the most important scene in the ep. Well, 2nd-most important, M7 firing its main gun is usually pretty important...

Episode 26, one of the best in all M7.

Why do you like the vf-11 so much? It's the cannon fodder.

So what? The VF-1A was cannon fodder too, yet Hikaru's was awesome in DYRL. Same for Max in the TV series. The VF-11 is just a sweet bird. Sure its outshown(arguable) in the series it is shown in, but its a beautiful aircraft, regardless if its blown to bits or not in Macross 7. Before the 19 and 21, it was the best in the Macross canon.

Even if the VF-19S was cannon fodder in Macross 7 or any other series, I would not care and still like it a lot like I do now(yes I know it wasn't cannon fodder but I think most of you see my point). Even if roles were reversed, and the 19 and 21 were the ones being replaced by the 11 in Macross Plus, all of us would still like the 19 and 21.

I agree with you guys, the VFX-2 scheme for the VF11 was BAD ASS.

Every plane is cannon fodder at some point. Those same planes were likely top-of-the-line at another. We just have never seen a Macross show set in the time period where the VF-11 is top of the line. But it certainly was for a good chunk of time.

I think I recall graham saying "...use you common sense" which to me means "if it came out for the 1/72 that = it will come out for 1/60."

Why do you like the vf-11 so much? It's the cannon fodder. That's like saying I can't wait for the brownie vf-1 to come out in 1/60. :D

I'll admit it: I'm a big fan of this valk in fighter mode.

I like it because it reminds me of Firefox! :)