Xabungle

Chindenathus

I have seen a great deal of cool postings about this series scattered all over the

place here at Macross World. I'd like to see a more focused discussion on this

somewhat resurgent yet kind of obscure series. I hope other MW'rs would like to

contribute as well.

For starters:

I found this thread full of images: http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-40966-1-1.html

a few days ago It is packed with some some sweet images. Here is but a taste:

post-1571-1199132798_thumb.jpg

Those are some amazing images. I wish I had the time/resources/ability to do something like that with my toys. But even as they are, my Iron Gear, Walker Galliar and Xabungle are some damn fine looking toys. Iron Gear is probably the most 'fun' toy I bought in all of 2007.

Yea, I have those 6 fansubs also. I think they were Shin-Getter's first releases, and it really shows. The timing and the fonts are really bad and amateur-ish. They pulled them from distribution quite a while back, probably because they were embarrassing compared to their later work (their Ideon subs were quite good)

I, too, really liked with I saw. I really hope they, or someone else, will sub the series at some point.

I have some sourcebooks on Xabungle, they have some very nice line and painted art.

I have always been amazed at how much high quality art was produced for this less

that well known series.

I have all three SOC offerings and some of the model kits.

On an aside I noticed that the Iron Gear has rear hatches on the main/toe turrets.

They swing "down" mailbox style. There are some little details in there.

Overall I have been very pleased with the "toys" that have been made this decade.

Lots of fine details and awesome extras.

post-1571-1199253747_thumb.jpg

post-1571-1199253827_thumb.jpg

post-1571-1199253873_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chindenathus

Yea, I have those 6 fansubs also. I think they were Shin-Getter's first releases, and it really shows. The timing and the fonts are really bad and amateur-ish. They pulled them from distribution quite a while back, probably because they were embarrassing compared to their later work (their Ideon subs were quite good)

We should spam them with petitions...

Spam them to death

• 3 years later...
  • 11 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...