difference between bandai reissue 1/55 n takatoku

generation3

hi,

would anyone please tell me the difference between takatoku and the bandai reissue macross valks? trying to buy from ebay but i am afraid i might get rip off. i did some searching but come up with nothing. i am trying to buy VF-1A Valkyrie, VF-1J Valkyrie Hikaru Ichijo, VF-1J Valkyrie Maximillian Genius, VF-1J Valkyrie Milia Falina and VF-1S Valkyrie Roy Focker. hopefully u guys out there can help me. also please provide picture if u can.

Most of the differences are with the arms early FP will not fit on a re-issues and vice versa. A Joons is the same as the original Taka so you can take your cues from that.

IIRC the original leg FP should fit the Taka but I may be wrong. The best man to ask is Skull-1 he'll be able to tell you for definite.

This reminds me I seriously need to think about a Chunky Monkey subsite this sort of thing could be on there.

• 2 weeks later...
This reminds me I seriously need to think about a Chunky Monkey subsite this sort of thing could be on there.

Yes my friend...That would be GREAT!!!

IIRC the original leg FP should fit the Taka but I may be wrong. The best man to ask is Skull-1 he'll be able to tell you for definite.

Actually....The only part of the armor that I have found troublesome and not able to fit right.....are the forearms. I have an G1 JetFire and a Reissue Bandai Super Valk., and that was the only problem I came across. I will try to post some pics of the packaging here shortly. I had some extras of the ones that you are looking for but I just sold them off...sorry. :ph34r:

If I remember correctly, the colors varied especially in the max and milias. I prefer the Bandai reissue Milia color to the vintage. The vintage boxes rule though!

Yes, the vintage boxes do rule. I wish I had them. All I have are these damned super fresh and so clean, clean, shiny reissue boxes. ^_^ I guess they'll do... :ph34r:

Yes my friend...That would be GREAT!!!

Here we go again. <_<

Really guys, use the search function....

List of 1/55 Transformable Valkyries

Takatoku VF - 1982

01. 1A CF TV

02. 1J Hikaru TV

03. 1J Max TV

04. 1J Milia TV

05. 1S Hikaru GBP Giftset TV

06. 1S Hikaru "Grey" Version TV

07. 1S Super Hikaru TV

7 = TOTAL

Matsuhiro VF - 1984

01. 1S Jetfire1 (Transformers) - Ridged antennae detail, Painted UN SPACY insignia (wing), lined canopy.

02. 1S Jetfire2 (Transformers) - Ridged detail on antennae, UN Spacy sticker insignia (wing), lined canopy.

03. 1S Jetfire3 (Transformers) - Ridged detail on antennae, U.N. Spacy sticker insignia (wing), unlined canopy.

04. 1J Hikaru (Space Fighter-StarForce)

4 = TOTAL

Matsu-Bandai VF - 1984 thru 1985

01. 1S Jetfire (Transformers) - Matsushiro body with Bandai antennae and copyright.

02. 1J Hikaru (Space Gandam) - Matsuhiro marking on back of box in a large white square.

2 = TOTAL

Bandai VF,VE,VT - 1984 thru 1990

01. VF-1A Hikaru DYRL

02. VE-1 ElintSeeker DYRL

03. VT-1 SuperOstrich DYRL

04. VF-1S Strike Valkyrie DYRL

05. 1S Super Hikaru (Super Valkyrie) - Retooled: Head, Landing Gear (No Landing Gear Triggers or Springs), and Various Other Parts.

06. 1S Jetfire1 (Transformers) - Smooth antennae, Bandai logo in a straight line on the left side, no "box" around it, no copyright, just "TOKYO JAPAN" on the right.

07. 1S Jetfire2 (Transformers) - Smooth antennae, Bandai "box" logo on the left side, © BANDAI 1984 MADE IN JAPAN on the right.

08. 1S Jetfire3 (Transformers) - Smooth antennae, Bandai "box" logo on the left side, © BANDAI 1985 MADE IN JAPAN on the right.

09. *VF-1S Strike Hikaru - Instead of Strike Armour it was released with Jetfire Armour..

10. *VE-1 ElintSeeker DYRL - Instead of Strike Armour it was released with Jetfire Armour.

*These last two Bandai versions were said to be left over parts. Thus, the combining of Jetfire armour with the VF-1S and the VE-1. No reports have been made of a VT-1 SuperOstrich / Jetfire Armour combo.

10 = TOTAL

Joons VF - 1984 (All Korean)

01. 1J Hikaru (Space Gandam)

02. 1J Hikaru (Space Fighter)

03. 1J Hikaru (Macross)

04. 1J Max (Macross)

05. 1J Millia (Macross)

06. 1J Green "Alaska Base" Version (Macross)

07. 1J White "Angelbirds" Version (Macross). Unique Tail Wings and Wings.

08. 1S White "Angelbirds" Version (Macross). Unique Tail Wings and Wings.

8 = TOTAL

(Manufacturers Unknown) VF - Production Dates Unknown

01. 1S Strike Hikaru (Strike Valkyrie) - Box looks like 1/2 that of Bandai'. No Strike Armor supplied. Italy or Taiwan.

02. 1S Super Hikaru (Super Valkyrie) - White VF with true Blue Armor. Spain or Mexico.

03. 1S Super Hikaru (Super Valkyrie) - White VF with true Blue Armor. Taiwan.

04. 1S Super Hikaru (Super Valkyrie) - Grey VF with true Blue Armor. Taiwan.

05. 1S (Galaxy Defender) - Completely retooled, molded in blue and grey. Taiwan or Hong Kong.

07. 1J Hikaru (Robotec)

08. 1J Green "Alaska Base" Version (Robotec)

09. 1J Hikaru (Robotec) by PC Toys (Red Box)

10. 1J Hikaru (Robotec). Arabian.

10 = TOTAL

Bandai VF (aka Reissues) - 2001 thru 2002

01. 1A Hikaru DYRL

02. 1A CF TV

03. 1J Hikaru TV

04. 1J Max TV

05. 1J Milia TV

06. 1S Hikaru (Grey) TV

07. 1S Super Hikaru TV

7 = TOTAL

(Manufacturers Unknown) Blister Pack VF - Production Dates Unknown

01. 1S White VF with Blue Boosters

02. 1S Amber VF with Orange Boosters

03. 1S Amber VF with Purple Boosters

04. 1A White with LEDs

05. 1A Red with LEDs

06. 1S White VF

6 = TOTAL

Debateable Items - Need proof

01. 1A "Unknown" Version (Space Gandam) by Joons

1 = Total

List of 1/72 Transformable Valkyries

Bandai VF - 1985

01. 1A CF TV

02. 1J Hikaru TV

03. 1S Hikaru DYRL

3 = Total

List of 1/100 Transformable Valkyries

Takatoku VF - 1982

01. 1A CF TV

02. 1J Hikaru TV

03. 1J Max TV

04. 1S Hikaru (Grey) TV

4 = TOTAL

Bandai - 1984 thru 90

01. 1A Hikaru DYRL

1 = TOTAL

(Manufacturers Unknown) VF - Production Dates Unknown

01. 1S White (Battroid Valkyrie)

02. 1J White (Battroid Valkyrie)

03. 1S Grey (Battroid Valkyrie)

04. 1J Grey (Roboticjet)

05. 1J Grey w/ Red and Yellow Chest Stripes (Roboticjet)

5 = TOTAL

List of Hi-Comical/SD Transformable Valkyries

Bandai Hi-Comical VF - 1984

01. 1A Super Hikaru DYRL

02. 1A Super Max DYRL

03. 1S Super Roy DYRL

04. 1J Super Max TV

05. 1J Super Milia TV

5 = TOTAL

Matchbox SD VF - 1984

01. 1S Super Roy DYRL

02. 1J Super Max TV

03. 1J Super Milia TV

3 = TOTAL

nightmareB4macross.

oh no...I knew about that. I thought you were saying that you wanted to start a site. My bad...I'm a little under the influence presently. Sorry

:ph34r:

generation3,

My bad mate.....my fiance and I had some friends over for dinner and drinks. Here are the pics of the items (the boxes of) that you will be looking for so you know that they are legit. These are boxes of the Reissue Bandai 1/55's that came out in the new millenium. Note the BigWest sticker in the uper right hand corner and the BanDai sticker in the lower right corner. When it comes to the figure itself...someone else has already mentioned it. Hope these help.

S6300001.jpg

S6300002.jpg

S6300003.jpg

S6300004.jpg

S6300005.jpg

S6300006.jpg

S6300007.jpg

S6300008.jpg

Edited by misterryno

As others have already mentioned, the Bandai reissues have many Tampo printed markings on them. The Takatoku’s IIRC had no or minimal printing markings, using stickers for their markings.

The Bandai reissues (except the Hikaru VF-1J) all came with canopies that could be removed without tools and replaced by a swappable plug-in heatshield. The Takatoku’s canopies were all held on by screws and no separate heatshield was included.

The stripes on the wings of the Bandai reissues are recessed into the wings to prevent scratching, whereas the stripes on the Takatoku’s are flush with the wing top, making them prone to scratching.

It’s very difficult to find a Takatou where the plated (chrome or nickel?) metal parts still look new. Usually there will be some mild pitting, corrosion or just the luster will have faded.

Graham

Can someone PLEASE show a pic of a Tak manual. I have a manual with no copywrite or any company name on it. Its green and white, about the size of a baseball card when its folded up.

Can you read japanese? it should say Takatoku at the bottom.

here is a pic of the instructions from my Super VF-1S. it should be the same for a regular VF-1S

img2769he0.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

Gee, that's quite a nice collection of boxes you have, misterryno; how much is the collection worth?

LOL......I actually have the figs too...... :lol::lol::lol:

I am not sure how much my collection is actually worth though. I am trying not to think of a price for them.......if I do that will make me think I would sell them......and no more will be sold unless I have something REALLY bad happen

*crosses fingers/rubs lucky rabbits foot (not so lucky for the rabbit)/kisses 4 leaf clover/makes sure the horseshoe above the door is still up and safe* ^_^

LOL......I actually have the figs too...... :lol::lol::lol:

I may be stupid, but I'm not an idiot! I hope for the money you spent on those nice boxes that the seller included the actual toy. This is especially true if you paid a premium for mint and sealed boxes; if the toy wasn't still inside, then the box has been opened -- duh. :rolleyes:

When I bought my recast FP sets from Silverdragon he said the only differences were that the arm parts had to be for Taka or re issue so they should be ok apart from that. I have notices that there are slight differences between Chunky's from different runs though so some bad fitting maybe "normal"

As far as Differences with the Valk Graham has said all that really matters.