MACROSS GAME HAS ARRIVED

Sam

So I have this awesome looking game, but can't play it !

BUT, i did take photos of some of the book and stuff just to share with you ppl, so here ya go, hope u like it :)

post-6-1066864982_thumb.jpg

its not funny man :(

The full topic didn't show up, but I had written ' but my slidecard hasn't arrived yet'

so it will be soon, !! :D

so for the meantime, hopefully this will whet ppls appetites ! lol

post-6-1066865461_thumb.jpg

next

notice in the book the really good renditions of the elint, and also the osterich?

awesome!

post-6-1066865599_thumb.jpg

On this page you can select the fighter, with/without armour...

* too bad I cant read japanese!*

post-6-1066865718_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sam

The designs look nice, but they dont appear to have listed the other various maybe 'unlockable' valks or armours..

post-6-1066866012_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sam

Got my slide card today but no game.

Here's a hint...Make sure your slide card is right side up. Its not labeled and seems to only work when the tab with the hook is to the right. Will look somewhat like this:

oooooooooooooooooo o

00000000000000000000 00

I played with mine for a 1/2 hour before I realized I had the card up side down :angry:

The directions pics are of no help either. Its a pain in the ass until you get the hang of it. you feel like your breaking your PS2. Also use a sewing needle to losen the pins for the cover.

cheers.

hey, thanks for the tip

u should catch a plane to Canberra and with our powers combined, we can play the game! LOL :lol:

Hurry up auspost! <_<

Where did you guys pick up your slide cards from? Do these stores accept Paypal? :ph34r:

EDIT: I also can't believe they went with that cover. I'd much rather see a Haruhiko Mikomoto artwork. :blink:

Edited by UN Spacy

This game is flat out awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Battlecry is crap compared to this...

Can you tell if the DYRL stages are completely diferent from the SDF stages? :ph34r:

I have to agree with others claims on the slidecard. The instructions are SO stupid they try to make everything SO complicated. All you really do is

1. (Make sure the card has the hook facing right) and move it right

2. Pull out the tray put in boot disc

3.Switch discs

4. Push tray back in

5. repeat step one but when you fell the resistance move around the bump

so sorta like P= Slide card hook O= Bump

O

...............................................PO.......

Move P around O and move all the way left left

PUSH X BAM you DONE!!!

I know it sounds complicated but its SO easy. :D

EDIT- forget the diagram it turned out screwed up

Edited by bob joe mac

HOLY Crap it looks like my slidecard has turned up... IN GOULBURN !! an hours drive away!!

gots to wait for gf to get bck, then we going for a lil drive... with my ps2 and small screwdriver and Macross game in tow!!!!!!!! yah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This game is flat out awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Battlecry is crap compared to this...

Can you tell if the DYRL stages are completely diferent from the SDF stages? :ph34r:

i have gone through a few of the TV based missions... at first they make you select what you want, DYRL style or TV, I have not yet been through the DYRL stage types yet... There are stupid time limits which are kinda stupid (like that of M3). I will play more tonight, damn I have to clear out some memory card space... Overall, this game is cool. I did want Castlevania, which is cool too, but I decided if I saw it at Frank and Sons today, go buy it, and i saw it and bought it. :)

Hope you slide card/swap magic peeps get your stuff soon.

just curious...is there going to be 'for US' copy of this game???

Unlikley.

I've never put much stock in e-petitions. However, I still say we should at least make the effort to show Bandai we're interested in this game. For a game this cool, we should try, right?

just curious...is there going to be 'for US' copy of this game???

As long as the HG/BW war of words continues I wouldn't get my hopes up for a Stateside release. :(

i have gone through a few of the TV based missions... at first they make you select what you want, DYRL style or TV, I have not yet been through the DYRL stage types yet... There are stupid time limits which are kinda stupid (like that of M3). I will play more tonight, damn I have to clear out some memory card space... Overall, this game is cool.

A few questions: -

1) Are there time limits on every stage, or just some of them?

2) What about the free missions, do they also have time limits?

3) Are the free missions identical to the story mode missions?

Graham

i have gone through a few of the TV based missions... at first they make you select what you want, DYRL style or TV, I have not yet been through the DYRL stage types yet... There are stupid time limits which are kinda stupid (like that of M3). I will play more tonight, damn I have to clear out some memory card space... Overall, this game is cool.

A few questions: -

1) Are there time limits on every stage, or just some of them?

2) What about the free missions, do they also have time limits?

3) Are the free missions identical to the story mode missions?

Graham

1) It will not be all the time... So far it happened when the SDF-01 launched to space, fought more, then decended back to earth, then a time limit came up to destroy the Regults...

2) & 3) Haven't done the free missions yet, sorry...

I hope to play more after Smallville is finished :D

How's the gameplay? I know that the game received a 31/40 from one of the Japanese gaming press (I'm thinking Famitsu here, because it got a gold award), and Sega AM2 did work on the game. I'm just happy that there's a Macross game now that's on par with Capcom/Bandai's Gundam DX series. :D

How's the gameplay? I know that the game received a 31/40 from one of the Japanese gaming press (I'm thinking Famitsu here, because it got a gold award), and Sega AM2 did work on the game. I'm just happy that there's a Macross game now that's on par with Capcom/Bandai's Gundam DX series. :D

So far I love it, I just started the DYRL story line, it's just like DYRL, but you play as the new rookie pilot. There seems to be a lot of 'protecting' missions. The flight controls are ok. There is easy where the analog pitches up and down, and sides will turn their direction (kinda like a starfox control), and there is advanced which is more like a simulator type flight control. Gerwalk, seems like battlecry's controls, but the right analog stick controls your fighters altitude. Battroid seems like Armored Core, except you cannot use missiles. So far i got the the 1J added, still playing through though. There's an option for automatic camera (which seems to be in affect when you launch missiles, it will follow the missiles to the target), this can be turned off if it gets annoying watching your missiles hit or miss. All the OG sounds effects are there, which gives the authentic macross feel, and the music is Macross music too. I am satisfied of what Sega-AM2 did, this blows VFX/VFX2 outa the way, IMHO this is THEE BEST Macross game I have played.

:D

What's also cool is that you can transform to battroid and stand on the SDF-01!

I just killed a recon ship in Saturn's ring w/ a VE-1

I tried out Free Play mode, seems you cannot use all Valks on what available missions you completed... I tried to use the VE-1 for whatever missions I had (only completed 1-4 in DYRL mode), and I can only acess it in 2 missions.

GBP armor is there, only in free play mode so far...

Edited by vfxraven19

Hey treatment. Why waste your money on another PS2 when you can just get a slide card ($29) to use until X-mas. Around x-mas there will be a legal american released boot disk (they will be carrying them at gamestop stores for $20-30) that will allow your ps2 to play imports and any DVD no matter what the region. Also there is a region free hack for the PS2 DVD player out there somewhere.

Save your money for more macross goodies. B)

Hey treatment. Why waste your money on another PS2 when you can just get a slide card ($29) to use until X-mas. Around x-mas there will be a legal american released boot disk (they will be carrying them at gamestop stores for $20-30) that will allow your ps2 to play imports and any DVD no matter what the region. Also there is a region free hack for the PS2 DVD player out there somewhere.

Save your money for more macross goodies. B)

Tempting. Thanks for the info.

Fwiw, I don't usually trust console-hacks, tho. Legal or otherwise.

I just have my bro-in-law stationed over in Japan right now, so I'm guessing it'll be a bit easier to procure stuff from there thru him. I think/hope.

^_^

--treatment--

I'm pretty mad I blew all my money of Encounters in Space. That game was fun for a few weeks. I want Macross action! Oh well, Christmas is coming up :p My Japanese PS2 is definitely lacking in titles. Titans vs AEUG, Macross, it's going to be a great Christmas :)