Flexi Display Stands

misterryno

Hello all,

I have just recently purchased a number of Flexi Display Stands from the oh so awesome LAFToys. That is no joke...this place is for serious a GREAT place to shop. Anyways...this is not my first rodeo when it comes to the stands. My problem lies within one of the 4in stands that I purchased. I was screwing all the screws in and when I tightend up the last one, it stripped out. :( Does anyone know of an easy fix for this? I REALLY love these stands and I would like to fix it ASAP. PLEASE do let me know if anyone knows of a fix. THANKS. :D

Mine stripped, but I decided to solve the problem by getting a package of screws and nuts from the hardware store. Unfortunately I didn't make a note of what size I bought. I took one of the screws with me and bought 1" long screws with nuts.

I drilled the original screw-holes through to the bottom of the base using a 1/8" bit, then turned the base over and used a 1/2" drill bit (note: do NOT use a "spade" bit, use a normal "twist" style bit) to drill out some shallow holes on the bottom, just deep enough to hold the nut. Then I just put the longer 1" screws through and attached the nuts.

I preferred this solution because I can now loosen, adjust, and tighten the flexi stands if I want to.

2066217188_85789785ff.jpg

Edited by Grand Admiral

did you contact him on this, or did he just read this thread and fix the issue on his own?

Sorry I totally missed this post......I contacted him through my acct. at LAFToys.com. :ph34r:

When did you place the order? I like to get a few too, not sure how long it will take.

I ordered mine and had them within 10 days.

Mine stripped, but I decided to solve the problem by getting a package of screws and nuts from the hardware store. Unfortunately I didn't make a note of what size I bought. I took one of the screws with me and bought 1" long screws with nuts.

I drilled the original screw-holes through to the bottom of the base using a 1/8" bit, then turned the base over and used a 1/2" drill bit (note: do NOT use a "spade" bit, use a normal "twist" style bit) to drill out some shallow holes on the bottom, just deep enough to hold the nut. Then I just put the longer 1" screws through and attached the nuts.

I preferred this solution because I can now loosen, adjust, and tighten the flexi stands if I want to.

That sounds like a hell of a fix. Incase I strip anymore in the future or whatever can you please post me some up close pics of your solution? :ph34r:

Well, you're in luck. I found the little baggie for the screws and nuts in my wastebasket so I can tell you what I bought. :D

Supplies needed:

1 - package of #6-32 x 1" screws and nuts

1 - 1/8" Drill bit

1 - 1/2" Drill bit (must be twist bit, not spade)

1 - Flexi stand

2081171457_ac1d61e262_o.jpg

1) Remove original screws from flexi stand.

2) Use 1/8" bit to drill holes through to bottom of stand. IMPORTANT: Do this BEFORE using the 1/2" bit. This will allow the 1/2" bit to "center" on the holes.

3) Use 1/2" bit to drill shallow holes into the base of the flexi stand. They only need to be deep enough to drop the nut into the hole.

4) Attach flexi stand bits using new #6-32 x 1" screws and nuts.

5) Vacuum up plastic shavings. You will have a LOT. :D

Which size if these flexi-stands works the best with Yamato's 1/48th Valks?

It depends on which mode you want to pose your Valks in too.

Personally, regardless of the Valk's mode, I'm a staunch believer in mixing and matching the rod lengths to get the best possible pose.

Grand Admiral,

Thanks for the fix....I will try this out and see if it works for me. I hope so. I have one replacement base on the way and another I have seems to be almost stripped itself. THANKS AGAIN.

:ph34r:

Edited by misterryno