newbies

MSth08

MSth08, are you listening...?

come to the dark side :angry:  :lol:

the dark side is lurking me..... :lol:

C'mon, the dark side is cool!!!

Didn't you ever hear: "good boys go to heaven. Bad guys go to the funny places" ;)

Dark side forever!!!! :ph34r:

mcpaz :lol:

Love your avatar pfunk!

God I just broke down and got two low vizs!

My fiancée just got herself an elintseeker, and I got my best friend a 1/60 VF-1S from Hobby Link Japan... but it was bend-over on customs fees! :angry: (my reaction was that of my avatar and quote) It was €90 for the two valks! That's $105!

From now on I buy from Valkyrie Exchange and not from Hobby Link!

:D Got my 1/48 Max from Valkyrie Exchange with no problems and really fast too! I held out on the 1/48 for soooo long, but I gave in and I'm damned happy with it! :D

welcome newbie!!!

you will enjoy hanging here & buying valkyries for your collection.you will learn many new skills.like:

how to hide new valkyrie purchases from your girlfriend.

how a valkyrie you thought you couldn't afford,suddenly became achievable with some financial shuffling.

being a virtual valkyrie broker with all the purchases & trades you'll make over the years. :lol::p

• 7 months later...

20 years I was not aware of all this - living in Germany, u know! :ph34r:

Then I stepped over Y A M A T O and got carried away... :p

I ordered once, twice and then I lost controll! :blink:

Now I'm broke. <_<

I just love it,

my VF-1's ;)

Any Antidode existing? :huh:

20 years I was not aware of all this - living in Germany, u know! :ph34r:

Then I stepped over Y A M A T O and got carried away... :p

I ordered once, twice and then I lost controll! :blink:

Now I'm broke. <_<

I just love it,

my VF-1's ;)

Any Antidode existing? :huh:

Yeap. There's one known antidote. Give them all TO ME. :lol:

Tips for hiding valkyrie purchases from fiancee:

- keep old power tool boxes, they make excellent trojan horses for smuggling new toys into the house

- make yourself a special toy hiding place in the house. Usually a nice big cardboard box in the basement that has "Spare Toilet Parts" written on it works well

- pay for everything with paypal and mark the withdrawls in your checkbook as "car parts" or "lumber", something she will not question

- practice saying "no honey, that's an old one. Gee, you should pay as much attention to my hobbies as I do to yours!" (start sobbing, works every time)

- don't openly play with the new toys more than the old ones, if she sees favoritism she may look closer at that toy

- don't buy things that are very different from what you already have. Diversity is a good thing in the workplace but in a toy collection it will draw attention.

- if you see her counting your toys, remove old ones before adding new ones. Hide the old ones in your special hiding place (see above)

- whatever you do, when she asks if you want a toy for your birthday, christmas, holiday, etc. always say yes, this way she thinks you are not getting any on the side

- when she sees or hears you talking with another collector about toys always say "yeah, I wish I had that one" rather than "oh yeah, I've got the whole set!"

Jsarc: LOL! :lol:

Do those tips still apply after you're married or does all the skeletons (in this case, valks) come out of the closet?

- keep old power tool boxes, they make excellent trojan horses for smuggling new toys into the house

- make yourself a special toy hiding place in the house. Usually a nice big cardboard box in the basement that has "Spare Toilet Parts" written on it works well

- pay for everything with paypal and mark the withdrawls in your checkbook as "car parts" or "lumber", something she will not question

- practice saying "no honey, that's an old one. Gee, you should pay as much attention to my hobbies as I do to yours!" (start sobbing, works every time)

- don't openly play with the new toys more than the old ones, if she sees favoritism she may look closer at that toy

- don't buy things that are very different from what you already have. Diversity is a good thing in the workplace but in a toy collection it will draw attention.

- if you see her counting your toys, remove old ones before adding new ones. Hide the old ones in your special hiding place (see above)

- whatever you do, when she asks if you want a toy for your birthday, christmas, holiday, etc. always say yes, this way she thinks you are not getting any on the side

- when she sees or hears you talking with another collector about toys always say "yeah, I wish I had that one" rather than "oh yeah, I've got the whole set!"

I haven't laughed this hard in weeks! :)

I haven't laughed this hard in weeks! :)

Me too! :lol:

Hello everyone! My name is Andy K Roberts (psudonym) and I have finally decided to join mfa (macross fans anonymous) I have been a fan (macross or otherwise) for many years and have known of mw for a while (i've even been to two of the panels). I found out about this site from Commander McBride who i know irl. Anyway, i should get to posting elseware, so goodbye for now. PS. I'll get an avitar when i feel like it.

Hello everyone! My name is Andy K Roberts (psudonym)

OK... :blink:

and I have finally decided to join mfa

Hehe, as I skimmed this page I read that as "I have finally decided to join the mafia"!!

PS. I'll get an avitar when i feel like it.

YES!! Best. Post. EVARR!!

Or do what I did with mine:

-Watch Macross stuff over and over during meals, so she gets exposed to Macross.

-Talk about Macross all the time

-Guilt her for all the money she spends on her hobbies and interests

-Convince her to get some valkyries (start small like with a Banpresto, or a 1/60)

Some problems with my method:

-it might make her too interested and she starts claiming the new stuff that arrives (my fiançée claimed my new 1/48 Miria as hers when it first arrived) :lol:

-gets depressed because she couldn't learn to transform the valkyries, because she managed to get through childhood without being exposed to transforming stuff (that includes transformers!)

-starts grabbing the CMs Fokker figure screaming, "MINE!!!!!!"

-it could cause her to become allergic to Macross (didn't happen to me thankfully)

Man, awesome list. Should add shreading boxes in public bathrooms so you can sneak the toy in without her seeing any evidence in the garbage.

In a related note, I had to stop doing this once Japan Railways removed all their garbage cans from Shinjuku station because of worrying about terrorists. Hope they don't have a bunch of footage of me dropping package after package in. :ph34r:

LOL... that's my move. Works everytime. She only notices boxes, never toys. ;)

Oh and Mr. Disco, I put this together for an older post about checklists...

Yamato Macross Checklist

Macross Plus:

07-28-2000 1/72 YF-19

09-00-2000 1/72 YF-19 (1.5 version)

11-00-2000 1/72 YF-19 (2nd version)

11-23-2000 1/72 YF-21

04-28-2001 1/72 VF-11B

08-11-2001 1/72 VF-19A

04-00-2003 1/72 YF-21 w/ FAST pack

05-00-2003 1/72 VF-11B w/ FAST pack

1/60 Macross Line:

10-27-2001 1/60 VF-1A Hikaru

11-01-2001 1/60 VF-1A Mass Production (TRU limited)

12-14-2001 1/60 VF-1S Roy

02-22-2001 1/60 VF-1A Max

04-27-2002 1/60 VF-1A Mass Production

05-31-2002 1/60 VF-1J Super Hikaru

09-18-2002 1/60 VF-1S Strike Roy

01-31-2003 1/60 VF-1J Super Max

01-31-2003 1/60 VF-1J Super Milia

03-21-2003 1/60 VF-1D

08-30-2003 1/60 VT-1 Super Ostrich

08-30-2003 1/60 VE-1 Elintseeker

06-00-2004 1/60 GBP

06-00-2004 1/60 GBP w/ Hikaru VF-1J

02-00-2004 1/60 Q-Rau Milia

upcoming 1/60 Millia Figure set (w/ new pilot sculpt)

upcoming 1/60 Q-Rau Max

1/48 Macross Line:

11-27-2002 1/48 VF-1A Hikaru

02-22-2003 1/48 VF-1S Roy

05-17-2003 1/48 VF-1A Max

07-31-2003 1/48 VF-1A Low Vis

00-00-2003 1/48 VF-1A Hikaru (2nd version)

00-00-2003 1/48 VF-1S Roy (2nd version)

08-11-2003 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru

11-28-2003 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru

11-28-2003 1/48 VF-1J Super Hikaru

04-00-2004 1/48 VF-1J Super Max

05-00-2004 1/48 VF-1J Super Milia

08-29-2003 1/48 Super/Strike Armor

05-00-2004 1/48 Clear Armor Parts Kit

upcoming 1/60 or 1/48 Valkyrie Arm Display Stand

Macross Zero

upcoming 1/100 VF-0S

Macross VF-X2

upcoming 1/100 VB-6 Koenig Monster

Did not add 1/72 YF-19FP or 1/60 Monster because they are still pretty mucy more legend than official at this point. If it doesn't have a release date, there's a good chance it might not be made.