Matchbox VF-1J Joke Machine

misterryno

Hey Everyone, I was rootin around on eBay and saw this auction. What would your top bid be???

:ph34r:

Well Sh**...I was going to enter a max bid of $70 USD, but I did not make it in time and it went for $56 USD. Missed my oppurtunity....too bad.

UNlucky amigo.. i thought the lack of replies to this was because everyone was watching/bidding heheheh.... i wonder if it was one of 'our' crew that got it.

Not sure.....I would have gotten it but I was too slow

The most I paid was $60 for a Japanese VF-1S joke machine in mint shape missing the gun. I thought American JM's usually sell for about $50 in great shape and Japanese ones hit a $100? Vintage prices seem to have been going up though in recent months.

I think the most I've spent on any of my American JMs was $50, maybe $60, and they were in better condition than this one. One of mine was purchased loose for $35 shipped.

Some of the coolest AND most durable Macross garbage ever made...

Well now I REALLY wish I would have gotten the bid in on time....I LOVE GARBAGE!!!!

JM's rock! Even though I have too many, I still want more! Anyway, top price i'd pay would be 60 only because he has the wrong color boosters and leg armor. It's nice because it has the unused sticker sheet though.

Well now I REALLY wish I would have gotten the bid in on time....I LOVE GARBAGE!!!!

I'd have to say that my Joke-S ranks higher on my scale than any of my '48s. Every Macross fan should have at least one...

Edited by myk

I'd have to say that my Joke-S ranks higher on my scale than any of my '48s. Every Macross fan should have at least one...

I just need to find one for a decent price now.

• 2 weeks later...

I would agree. I bought a few and customed them up. Once I was done and got as much detail on it as I could, I have to say that my JM's easily rivaled my 48's.

jm-max-1a-10.jpg

datter-vf1s-roy-4.jpg

Those are some freekin sweet joke machines, Datter!!!

Yeah Datter....those are the bomb.....when you gonna give one of them too me? :D

Edited by misterryno

I paid $100 for my Matchbox 1S Roy. Box is a little worn but the toy is factory fresh, complete and has the stickers (which I don't really care about as I'll never apply them). Well worth the $100 as far as I'm concerned. After all the truly awesome stuff that's been released since, it's still my favorite Macross/Robotech toy.