Rahxephon

briscojr84

There are dozens of pieces of line art on the released DVD's. You should rent them. There is also the artbook for the series...

Unfortunately that isn't possible our local video stores have about three anime each, I'll probably eventually get the art book when I have the $$$.

• 4 years later...

Nice, areaseven! I've been looking for that kit for years. I saw it in the dealer's room at a convention about a decade ago, but unfortunately, didn't have the money to buy it. I haven't seen it anywhere since. I haven't even seen it in the dozens of stores I've been into in Japan.

I've never watched RahXephon, but I've heard it's a lot like evangelion. Is that true? I didn't enjoy evangelion all that much, but this looks somewhat interesting...

If you ask me, RahXephon is much better than Evangelion. Whereas it took GAINAX X number of times to redo the Evangelion storyline, RahXephon got the ending right in just one try. The characters a considerably less angsty, the artwork is completely breathtaking and the music really gives the show life. The movie Pluralitas Concentio has excellent visuals itself, but it simply cannot be appreciated without watching the series first.

If there's only one weakness RahXephon has compared to Evangelion, it's the marketing. While Evangelion floods the market with countless toys, food and other merchandise, RahXephon only had one model kit. I just wish Bandai would re-visit this show and give it either a Robot Damashii or Super Robot Chogokin figure.

Nice, areaseven! I've been looking for that kit for years. I saw it in the dealer's room at a convention about a decade ago, but unfortunately, didn't have the money to buy it. I haven't seen it anywhere since. I haven't even seen it in the dozens of stores I've been into in Japan.

Thanks. I actually picked up and assembled the kit back in 2003 when ADV released the series on DVD. I just took it out of storage after nearly a decade. As you can see on the slideshow, the left wing is bent backwards. It's gonna be a while before I get it back into shape.

And what do you know... it's the 10th anniversary of RahXephon!

What are you talking about? Both Eva & Rahxephon have only been done 2 times each. Eva TV + EoE (first & Eva rebuilt (second), Rahxephon TV (first) clipped down movie with slightly different plot (second). And don't get me wrong, while Rahxephon is by no means "bad", it's clearly an Eva clone with a "what if Shinji & Misato got together" scenario.

Eva on the other hand is full of 100% mostly original (aside from the Nadia & Ideon influences) awesomeness, especially the Rebuild movies.

Speaking of evangelion clones, does anyone remember that show from I think the early or mid 2000's where it was basically Evangelion done as a light comedy? I liked that show.

:edit:

Finally remembered what it was: Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure

So yeah, it's basically Evangelion if evangelion was a harem comedy by the same dude who created Tenchi Muyo!

Edited by anime52k8

Speaking of evangelion clones, does anyone remember that show from I think the early or mid 2000's where it was basically Evangelion done as a light comedy? I liked that show.

So yeah, it's basically Evangelion if evangelion was a harem comedy by the same dude who created Tenchi Muyo!

I loved the show when it first came out. Had it on vhs. I'll have to get a hold of a dvd or digital copy and give it a rewatch.

From what I understand Dual! is set within the Tenchi megaverse.

Back on topic, it does feel evangelionish, but it ends on a much happier tone.