VF11B

port

The original Mac Plus Yammie line was supposedly to be 1/72 scale. But since the toy was hand sculpted without the aid of cad (correct me if I am wrong) the scaling could be a little bit off.

Furthermore, Yammie might thought that the smaller VF-11 would look odd when packaged and placed together with the YF-19 and YF-21, so they decided to make all three valks roughly the same size :lol:

Bleh - those toys were really ugly when compared with the current crop.

The only things I appreciate are the 1/60 VFs with their attempt at perfect transformation look - so they do look good (still like my Elintseeker to date)... but in general the 1/72 Plus jets were just yucky.... particularly the yf19... bleh....

VFTF1

and it should... kinda. The VF-11B is smaller than the VF-19, I think the comparison would be like the VF-0 to the VF-1 (both in 1/60) it should be a bit smaller. Remeber the "19" is a next gen fighter and was bigger to accomodate the new technologies and advanced avionics.

The reason I was surprised is that in the animation it makes the VF11B look like it's around the same size. In M+ Isamu's VF-11B doesn't look that much smaller than Guld's YF-21 (which is as large as a VF-19) in episode 1. And in M7 none of the VF-11C's look significantly smaller than Basara's Fire Valkyrie. Although since it is TV animation I'm not going to give it much credit, but I would like to think that the M+ OAV would get the sizes right.

It's hard to give an exact scale when it's not accurate in any dimension to any established figure (since the line art doesn't agree with itself, nor the animation), but I recall 1/64 or so being said by Graham way back at Alt.Fan.Macross, IIRC.

Of all things, overall length is probably the worst thing to go by to compare scales of toys to the lineart/established numbers. The noses are almost always shortened on the toys, while everything else maintains size. Generally/roughly.

and it should... kinda. The VF-11B is smaller than the VF-19, I think the comparison would be like the VF-0 to the VF-1 (both in 1/60) it should be a bit smaller. Remeber the "19" is a next gen fighter and was bigger to accomodate the new technologies and advanced avionics.

If that's so, then when Yamato comes around to finally making a new VF-11B...

...it will be in 1/48 scale. (runs) :ph34r:

If that's so, then when Yamato comes around to finally making a new VF-11B...

...it will be in 1/48 scale. (runs) :ph34r:

I wish! nah Yamato are infamous for doing their own version of scaling.. it will (if it ever materialises) most likely be a 1/60 that will not be quite right next to a YF-19 or YF-21, but we can always hope they dont screw up the scales :wacko: