YF-1R

No offense, Terry. But I think a Mod is going to lock this once it's noticed.

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but what is the trend to be the guy who says "this thread should be locked" "this thread will be moved"

i don't get it. is the point to be the cool guy in the closed thread saying "this will be closed soon"

seems like the LOGICAL thing to say would be to say nothing in the hopes the thread would slide off the page, rather than bumping a thread you know to be redundant back to the top mearly to say "it will be closed"

i dont' get it, sorry to rant, nothing against you drew.

TtLW- I couldn't agree more...It is a "nice" mistake actually and that by seeing so many customized models in the past 2 years, eventually it won't even matter.

I have the toynami posseable version and the painting scheme is pretty neat. (BTW for the flamers :p I only have 2 in possesion,cheaply purchased, and no more)

No offense, Terry. But I think a Mod is going to lock this once it's noticed.

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but what is the trend to be the guy who says "this thread should be locked" "this thread will be moved"

i don't get it. is the point to be the cool guy in the closed thread saying "this will be closed soon"

seems like the LOGICAL thing to say would be to say nothing in the hopes the thread would slide off the page, rather than bumping a thread you know to be redundant back to the top mearly to say "it will be closed"

I understand what you're trying to say, KingNor, but I think Drew's just trying to help. Sometimes new members wonder where their threads were moved or why it was locked. In which case it is "cool". A mod sometimes does not have time to explain their actions.

I was actually being nice. I could've jumped on Terry for being late because this is the third time the new MPC YF-1R has been posted about outside of the dedicated MPC thread... One of the other posts was still visible on page one of Other Anime and Sci-Fi when Terry posted this one.

I'm not trying to be "The Cool Guy" (because lord knows I'm not), but I was simply trying to be psychic by answering the possible question Terry might ask when and if he finds his thread locked.

The only reason king this would be closed is because all MPC discussion is up on the pinned MPC thread up top...plus your not the first person to release this info, alot of this stuff we know either ahead of time cause we check out RT.com, or we check the MPC thread and stumble upon the information.

It's only produced to 5,000 units, but I've pre-ordered one from TMP.

*gives this thread a blessing before it passes*

Edited by Hikuro

I sort of doubt that considering the VF-1J sold out within hours, I did enjoy the game, if I could I'd buy 4 of them, 3 for each mode and one to keep in the box...I wouldn't be surprised if MANY of the MPC's were sold....but than again : / I'm the one who says "Yamato isn't that much better either...."

Yeah? if all those "suckers" who bought those bootleg MPC's were aware of the real Valks (e.g. Yamato and Bandai), they wouldn't have bought those "Veritechs".

You still have idiots out there who think Robotech was original. Heck, you still have idiots who know truth, BUT still support HG????

Thank God I was enlightened :p

Edited by 91WhiskeyM6

Yeah? if all those "suckers" who bought those bootleg MPC's were aware of the real Valks (e.g. Yamato and Bandai), they wouldn't have bought those "Veritechs".

You still have idiots out there who think Robotech was original. Heck, you still have idiots who know truth, BUT still support HG????

Thank God I was enlightened :p

What if you like the MPC and you know about the rest then still bought an MPC, does that make them a sucker? I have more Yamato's at home with QC issues than I do MPC's. To me it just a luck of the draw. You buy what you like and that is it. People should not be called names for it. Nothing personal toward you. Many here feel that way. So please do not take it that way. I guess I like the darkness. :lol:

Heck, you still have idiots who know truth, BUT still support HG????

Wow....what the f#ck else am I and other Southern Cross fans supposed to do but support Harmony Gold? Not all people who "know the truth" are Macross fans.

While I despise Toynami for sitting on the SC license (which they now have worldwide control of), what else can be done?

Edited by 1st Border Red Devil

What if you like the MPC and you know about the rest then still bought an MPC, does that make them a sucker

Uhhh..yeah! You must like Harmony Gold and don't give a crap about their history with Robotech fans. If ENRON were to come back, you would probably buy stocks from them right?

Edited by 91WhiskeyM6

Wow....what the f#ck else am I and other Southern Cross fans supposed to do but support Harmony Gold? Not all people who "know the truth" are Macross fans.

You're a f#cking SC fan ? what are you doing buying a Veritech? I don't see any SC vehicles out there cept' them 80's Matchbox toys on Ebay.

While I despise Toynami for sitting on the SC license (which they now have worldwide control of), what else can be done?

Come on, do I have to spell it out for you? B.O.Y.CO.T.T. Harmony Gold bootleg products. Real simple my friend.

Edited by 91WhiskeyM6

I mentioned this in the official thread but will say it again, this time with pics. Remember how good the VF-1J looked in this pic? We all wondered if Toynami somehow turned the ugly duckling early prototypes into a swan. We all know how that turned out. I find it interesting that the YF-1R pic looks almost identical to that VF-1J pic. Everything looks clean and sharp and the gunpod is held over the chest to help hide the long canopy.

NWS_58_3_6095.jpgGIM_679_2_8207.jpg

What if you like the MPC and you know about the rest then still bought an MPC, does that make them a sucker

Uhhh..yeah! You must like Harmony Gold and don't give a crap about their history with Robotech fans. If ENRON were to come back, you would probably buy stocks with them right?

Enron no but MCI yes. :D HG has pissed off a lot of people even me to a point. Well with the Macross saga out the way mostly, HG has the licence for Southern Cross and Mospeada toys so you are stuck with HG regardless even if you do not like the VF-1 MPC's or HG. :(

Maybe another company can produce them other than Toynami.

JawJaw thanks for the reminder, I forgot the Rick did have the swing bar painted too. They should have painted them on all the MPC's for the price they asked for them.

Edited by Mechafan

The YF-1R looks good but like JawJaw said so did the Rick MPC. I won't buy it anyway since I have enough VF-1's from Yamato. Also I don't own any MPC's why start now..

What's the reaction on RT.com about this?

"another f'n Macross Saga toy" lol

They really need to move on to something else quickly

0_o who the hell cares if it's crap or not? It's a collectible like any other, I don't give a what for if it's junk or not, it's Macross item so I collect it. Southern Cross fans, Next Gen fans all do the same thing, they see it, th ey want it PURELY for the collection and it looks cool to them.

Besides it's more affordable than a damn 1/48, and I only got one of 'em and that's ALL I plan on getting, I like my 1/48, but I got issues with it, BIG issues, while I have VERY little with MPC's.

0_o who the hell cares if it's crap or not?

I do, obviously. Can't you tell from my post?

It's a collectible like any other, I don't give a what for if it's junk or not, it's Macross item so I collect it. 

In that case, I think Katana has some macress toys to sell you. BTW, it's not a Macross item. Nowhere in Macross, does the YF-1R exist, only in Robo-blech.

Southern Cross fans, Next Gen fans all do the same thing, they see it, th ey want it PURELY for the collection and it looks cool to them.

Well they don't really have much to choose from do they? How many companies are putting out toys from either series at this very moment? The answer is "none". Why, you ask? Because the only company that hold the license wants to put out this POS instead of getting some of those toys out there.

Besides it's more affordable than a damn 1/48, and I only got one of 'em and that's ALL I plan on getting,

A Neon is more affordable than a Viper, does that make it better? They're both cars. They're both Mopars.

I like my 1/48, but I got issues with it, BIG issues, while I have VERY little with MPC's.

Well, I have 3 1/48s and 1 MPC. I've never had any problems with my 1/48s and my MPC came with a broken light, it can't stand in Battroid mode, at all, and the sculpt looks like crap.

The only thing I stated in my first post in this thread is that I think MPCs are shite. I never said others shouldn't buy it. I am entitled to my opinion of this toy just like I'm sure you've voiced your displeasure with whatever 1/48 problems you've had. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean you have to take it so personally.

Maybe they hit a dead end on the Alpha's. :rolleyes:

My thinking is the internal meeting went something like this:

Mr. Big: "So what's the story on the Alpha toys?"

Designer: "Well sir, we're ten months behind schedule and fifty thousand over budget."

Mr. Big: "Crap. Come on, guys... this is supposed to be a 'cash in' license not a 'cash out' one!"

Designer: "Sorry sir."

Mr. Big: "OK, OK... what can we do to make some quick coin off these gullable fanboys..."

Designer: "Well... we still have the VF-1 molds..."

Mr. Big: "Eureka! We'll crank out another variant to make some quick lucre! Slap a different head on it with a new paint job and blammo! We'll do the same thing those Yamacho people are doing... the fanboys seem to just love those Yamada things that are all alike..."

Designer: "Need I remind you sir our previous offerings are still rotting on people's shelves... how can we sell yet another crappy variation on a concept that is floundering?"

Mr. Big: "Easy, we make the limited editions even more limited! Cut the production run by a third! We'll still get the money from the sale to the distributors and then they can shoulder the losses... just like before!"

Designer: "Mr. Big, you are a genius!"

Mr. Big: "Yeah, I know... now who's up for a nice lunchtime puppy beating? I'm buying!"

Maybe they hit a dead end on the Alpha's.  :rolleyes:

Mr. Big: "So what's the story on the Alpha toys?"

Designer: "Well sir, we're ten months behind schedule and fifty thousand over budget."

Mr. Big: "Crap. Come on, guys... this is supposed to be a 'cash in' license not a 'cash out' one!"

Designer: "Sorry sir."

Mr. Big: "OK, OK... what can we do to make some quick coin off these gullable fanboys..."

Designer: "Well... we still have the VF-1 molds..."

Mr. Big: "Eureka! We'll crank out another variant to make some quick lucre! Slap a different head on it with a new paint job and blammo! We'll do the same thing those Yamacho people are doing... the fanboys seem to just love those Yamada things that are all alike..."

Designer: "Need I remind you sir our previous offerings are still rotting on people's shelves... how can we sell yet another crappy variation on a concept that is floundering?"

Mr. Big: "Easy, we make the limited editions even more limited! Cut the production run by a third! We'll still get the money from the sale to the distributors and then they can shoulder the losses... just like before!"

Designer: "Mr. Big, you are a genius!"

Mr. Big: "Yeah, I know... now who's up for a nice lunchtime puppy beating? I'm buying!"

LOL!

:D:D:D

Exactly!

I'm still looking forward to the Alpha's though, but I hope they retail it for about US$40. Anything more, they can keep it.

Now that is funny and could be close to being true. Do not forget they are reusing the morpher molds too for December also. :lol:

Another MPC would have been nice if it were a VF-1A Max. I guess Jack going to have to do for now. Thier only original head sculpt.

LOL: Jack Archer is the pilot's name?

Question: When does Jack Archer shows up in the Robotech Episodes? :D

His face resembles Rick Hunter in some way. Once you adjust Rick's hair style and thin-up his face, you will notice the similarity :lol:

Answer: He doesn't. He's from Robotech: Battlecry.

Don't be surprised if Toynami puts out Wolf Squadron next as MPCs; another Jack in Wolf Squadron colours and an Izzy green Wolf Sqaud variant.

MPC fans always whine about Yamato products QC...uhh you know there's an alternative to both MPC bootlegs and Yamato: They're called Bandai Chunky Monkeys. What's your excuse for not buying Chunkies? Oh they're not that detailed? then get yourself an M-Club model or a Hasegawa. Bandai's are on sale right now- everywhere!