Gunstar.

Man I wish had the xtra cash. . .

1/48, awesome scale!!!!!

I have the MiM Gunstar kit. Cobywan is correct, NO death Blossom panels, and by kit was a terribale mess ie, HORRIBLE fit, BAD seems and such, no pilots or decals. Probably the worst reasin model I ever bought.

Now, after saying that, with a lot of work you can make a pretty nice looking model. I'm about 85% done mine, but it's taken so much work to get it to it's current state that I'm just alittle tired of it and it's shelved for the time being. Hopefully I'll get back at it soon. It won't require any more structural work just alot of detailing and painting still.

I had a review of my kit with pictures up at the RPF, but the site seems to be down.

Chris

I have the MiM Gunstar kit. Cobywan is correct, NO death Blossom panels, and by kit was a terribale mess ie, HORRIBLE fit, BAD seems and such, no pilots or decals. Probably the worst reasin model I ever bought.

Now, after saying that, with a lot of work you can make a pretty nice looking model. I'm about 85% done mine, but it's taken so much work to get it to it's current state that I'm just alittle tired of it and it's shelved for the time being. Hopefully I'll get back at it soon. It won't require any more structural work just alot of detailing and painting still.

I had a review of my kit with pictures up at the RPF, but the site seems to be down.

Chris

Wow... never mind.

I've only seen pics of the kit unassembled once, and they looked pretty clean to me.

Was yours cast in blue resin, like this one?

http://www.hobbyfanatics.com/index.php?act...st&id=14309

Yup. I may have gotten a bad peice BUT I had to wait about 5-6 months to get it because MiM said they where getting new casts from a new master and that there would be anymore till then....so it shouldn't have been so bad. From what I've heard from several people around the web is that what I got from them "seems" to be par for the course from MiM anymore.

As for the kit being accurate....it's pretty close. After all the material I gathered from the web and screen grabs I've watched the main areas that are off are the pylons for the engines are completely wrong the canopy is too bulbous, and the chin turret is too large. I can post some pictures off my in progress model if anyone is interested ( I use dial-up so it takes some time for me to upload pics..that's why I haven't done it yet! :p but I don't mind doing it if anyone wants to see.)

Again, I know I'm comming off as trashing this model, I guess for the price I paid I expected better, BUT with alot of work you can make a pretty nice model. I just would definately not recommend this kit to a beginer.

Chris

Fine Molds or Hasegawa should make a "classic movie vehicles" line of kits:

GunStar from "Last Starfighter"

Firefox from "Firefox"

Peacemaker from "Deal of the Century"

Talon from "Stealth"

Navigator from "Flight of the Navigator"

and a Viper from the new BG because there SHOULD be a styrene kit of it

What else?

Edited by Sarensaas

if aoshima made a diecast version of this toy, i know i'd buy it with no hestitation.

I've been waiting for a toy Gunstar since 1984. It strikes me as strange that no one has made one... I can only guess that the licensing must be a galactic nightmare on par with Macross. Logically we should have seen official Last Starfighter toys by now... even if just small run boutique toys.

Yeah, a coupla' years ago the movie was issued/reissued with a new DVD and I was pretty sure that a toy or two would be also released but alas, no joy...

What else?

I knew I wasn't the only one that wanted a GunStar and a Navigator. Getting one would be awesome. Getting both would be devine.

Firefox from "Firefox"

Talon from "Stealth"

What else?

What was that first link about that Valkyrie gave? It doesn't work for me. :(

Ohh HELL yeah, i want FIREFOX babies. The Firefox and a deathblossomable Gunstar IS A MUST.

What else?

Centauri's car.

:p

Lord Kril- "Damage report!"

Officer- "Guidance system out. Auxiliary steering out."

Lord Kril- "Divert! Divert!"

Officer- "She won't answer the helm! We're locked into the moon's gravitational pull. What do we do?"

*whiiizhh*

Lord Kril- "We DIE".

Classic, classic movie, i got the dvd as well. Used to hire her on vhs like, a million times when i was a kid.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Firefox from "Firefox"

Talon from "Stealth"

What else?

Not a film, but I would love a Rapid Offensive Unit (specifically, the Killing Time) from Iain M. Banks "Culture" novels. Unfortunately, as far as I know, no-ones ever really attempted to depict one and the books mainly describe them in the abstract as a collection of modular habitation, weapons, and propulsion modules.

But boy, they'd eat Star Destroyers. For snacks. :)

Edited by F-ZeroOne