Alpha fighters

izzyfcuk

Imai did release some molded in color though. The kits are pretty terrible though. As to the size question, they're exactly the same size as the MPC as Toynami used these models in the development of their toy. In fact, the MPC is pretty much just a better version of what you see here.

I wonder why these folks didn't pull the fins out??

EDIT - Yes, they are the same exact size even if Toynami says they're 1/55 and Imai says they're 1/48. Neither company has the scale exactly right. In fighter mode the toys are some whacky scale (too big) and in Battroid they're firmly between 1/48 and 1/55.

Edited by jenius

Ahh, an oldy but a goody. I liked these over the valks in that they would transform without removing parts. The only pain was that they would bow in the middle when the gear was extended in fighter mode. I still have one in parts. - MT

Forget the Alphas! ( I've always liked the proportions of the LS 1/72 nd series much more - dedicated modes are the way to go with models in my opinion, leave transformation for toys) Now the Mospeada kits, there's something to pick up I just can't wait to get my hands on one or two of those babies! a little mod here and there to increase posability and Wham! georgous model. :>

Edited by Chas

Imai did release some molded in color though. The kits are pretty terrible though. As to the size question, they're exactly the same size as the MPC as Toynami used these models in the development of their toy. In fact, the MPC is pretty much just a better version of what you see here.

I wonder why these folks didn't pull the fins out??

The problem with these things is that the paint tends to scratch horribly whenever they are transformed (or even, moved), as Imai engineered them way too tightly, not leaving enough room at joints (the color pics on the instruction sheets often showed scratched paint, IIRC). Couple that to not exactly tear-proof decals, and...well, should be obvious.