MG Hands for Yamato Toys?

do not disturb

Seeing as I have a lot of deadlines at the moment I’ve done the logical thing: waste more time playing with the valk...

I’ve taken the wrist piece out and used one of those twisty wires that hold cables to make a cheap peg to try out the MG hand without having to ruin it:

[attachmentid=36943]

As you can see, the hand fits perfectly in the arm. So in other words: Yamato please consider doing similar hands on your next projects, they can look a lot better this way.

post-2996-1159475981_thumb.jpg

are the hands that you are ordering the same as the ones TwoDucks is posting???

i ordered the MKII version 2.0 hands.

down below is the hand info that twoducks was kind of enough to put together for us.

Here. You would need only the "K" sprue and two pieces of the "B" sprue of the 1/100 MG Gundam MKII ver.2.0; pieces 7, 9, 12, 14 and 16 from the "K" sprue and piece 11 from the "B" sprue to make the right hand. For the left hand 8,10,11,13 and 15 from "K" and B12.

i didn't bother with the OYW because he wasn't as specific with part numbers so i just picked the one thats easier and required the least amount of thought. :D

Edited by haterist

In fact i m interested only in OYW Gundam hands, so are these the ones you're ordering???

And is the shipping cost going to grow if i order more than a set??

WHY THEY TOLD TO ME THAT BANDAI GOT NO MORE HANDS TO SELL???HAVE THEY TRICKED ME??

1. no, it the MKII 2.0 hands....i assume the ones twoducks is showing pics of.....twoducks?

2. i don't know yet? i estimated the total based on the numbers they gave me if i was ordering one set of hands. but they could add some kind of additional fees based on my ordering 15 set of hands.

i'll know more when i hear back from them. but not to worry, as i'm planning on splitting all the costs evenly between everyone who orders. i'm doing all the work for free so i get cheap hands and everyone else gets cheap hands, i'm not making anything off these whatsoever.

3. maybe they ran out of those kits? maybe that particular kit is more expensive in comparison to the MKII kit. maybe they just don't like you(j/k) :p

The hands from Twoducks are MKII 2.0 hands. Which is pretty much the same as the OYW hands except for being a different color.

I'm not sure if they charge by number or by sprue but if they are by Sprue then the OYW hands might be cheaper because they only need the "E" to construct the hand. It's all in Black.

The hands from Twoducks are MKII 2.0 hands. Which is pretty much the same as the OYW hands except for being a different color.

I'm not sure if they charge by number or by sprue but if they are by Sprue then the OYW hands might be cheaper because they only need the "E" to construct the hand. It's all in Black.

it could be cheaper but i don't care enough to start the order process all over with these dudes just to save a dollar. :D

either way, reading Gatsu's last post, i think they're sold out of the OYW hands.

kirrith,

why not? whatcha got to lose? you know you want them. :D

it could be cheaper but i don't care enough to start the order process all over with these dudes just to save a dollar. :D

either way, reading Gatsu's last post, i think they're sold out of the OYW hands.

kirrith,

why not? whatcha got to lose? you know you want them. :D

OYW hands are much better go look the site linked before

http://old.rfdh.com/dal69/mg.htm

they are more similar to macross hands, and more 'neutral'

you didn't need to post your reason, you didn't need to post at all if you had no interest....

aaaaaanyway....

the total for one set of hands from these guys with EMS shipping comes to over $20.

its a definitely a bit steep, twoducks mentioned the prices were very steep from these guys but considering a set of fixed recast DYRL and TV hands sell for $15, its not that bad.

i placed an order for 15 sets of hands already, my estimated total(not 100% sure if they'll add other fees yet) came to about $90+....give or take a few bucks.

if my total is correct and they don't add on any other fees, thats $6 for a pair of hands plus whatever the shipping is from me to you. priority....first class....i'll do my best to keep it as cheap as possible. either way, it should be less than $15 total but i always over estimate with this kind of stuff just to weed out the cheapskates. ;)

anyway, thats all i know so far, i'll keep everyone posted as i get more info.

i'll keep track of orders here for now....

haterist - 1 set

roy's blues - 3 sets

twoducks - 1 set

PM sent, I'm in for 2 sets.

i got some bad news dudes.

it looks like they will only sell me 5 pairs of hands. :(

according to them, bandai will only allow a certain amount of parts to be ordered seperately on a per cutsomer basis.....whatever, its totally retarded.

so the first 4 people that contacted me will get hands. i realize roy's blues got 3 on order so i'll see if he'll be nice enough to share and take just one set. he's pretty cool so i'm sure he won't have a problem doing it. i still don't know the exact total for the hands so please bare with me.

for those who still want some poseable hands.

5 is the limit. i suggest you guys get an order together on your own. if you get 4 other people, you're good to go.

please keep in mind if you order the same hands as me(MKII 2.0) its likely they won't have it(and it'll look fishy)so if possible try to pick a different set of hands.

theres tons to choose from and if your order is short by one person, just let me know cause i'll take another set of hands. :)

What are the chances for me then? :(

as long as you pick up a different set of hands from them, you should be fine. get an order together with your fellow aussie dudes and place an order. or just place an order and get 5 pairs yourself and sell them in the FS section. considering how many gundam models there are, it shouldn't be too hard to pick a set of hands of your liking and isn't the MKII 2.0 version.

Possible Second Source from Hasegawa.

Look at the hands on the Armored VF-0S Battroid. They look like Gundam construction.

Can anyone with the new model kit verify and show the hands next to the 1/48 VF-1?

What scale are they?

Great job you did with the Sazabi dizman.

Does it transform with the hand in place?

Sadly no the hands don't fold into the arms. Also the hands have a little problem holding the gun which is probably why there are slits in the hands for the sazabi's gun to hook into.

i just paid the guys and i should have the hands in soon and it was actually cheaper than i anticipated, yay! :D

it doesn't look like yamato is ever going to upgrade their chicken hands so if all goes well with these dudes, i'm gonna continue buying diffferent style hands for as long as they'll do business with me.

people that have hands coming are....

roy's blues(many thanks for sharing!)

twoducks

Gatillero PR

Chindenathus

i gotta wait for the shipment from japan but i'll contact you guys with your totals once everythings ready to go.

Let me know how the true modification process goes. I might get a set for myself, mod it, then recast them in white.

I might keep the plate at the back of the hand separate, that seems to differ from valk to valk.

• 2 weeks later...

MMhh..but where are Neova fully articulated hands??

same place where the TV 1A heads and fulcy armored gerwalk are chillin, vaporville. :D

update:

i got the hands the other day but there was a problem with the order, basically they left out one piece and that the reason for the delay. the missing part is on order and will be here shortly. i'll keep you guys posted.

Here are some picks with the MG left hand trimmed and inserted in the arm:

[attachmentid=37192][attachmentid=37193][attachmentid=37194][attachmentid=37195][attachmentid=37196][attachmentid=37197][attachmentid=37198][attachmentid=37199]

post-2996-1160607965_thumb.jpg

post-2996-1160607982_thumb.jpg

post-2996-1160608013_thumb.jpg

post-2996-1160608032_thumb.jpg

post-2996-1160608077_thumb.jpg

post-2996-1160608543_thumb.jpg

post-2996-1160608602_thumb.jpg

post-2996-1160608617_thumb.jpg

Edited by Twoducks