Sort Of An Anime Topic...

Excillon

Ever see an anime and really get into the music? I finally bought and watched the new Appleseed movie, and I discovered an absolutely AWESOME band out of Japan called Boom Boom Satellites. If you haven't heard them, I highly recommend them. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Ever see an anime and really get into the music? I finally bought and watched the new Appleseed movie, and I discovered an absolutely AWESOME band out of Japan called Boom Boom Satellites. If you haven't heard them, I highly recommend them. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

422817[/snapback]

Yep. Macross 7 and Tenchi Muyo.

422817[/snapback]

Yeah.

F L C L anime brought us The Pillows, a japanese band that totally r0x0r!!!

they're on YouTube, too. check them out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWdTqQ80SVw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x57wCuuW_k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtYJwJ_YeWk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peEx8PMq6mY

:ph34r:B))

Edited by treatment

Hey , cool I like them alot. Thanks, I'm gonna have to find some albums of their's now.

If you like that kind of stuff, you should check out the *real* Japanese musicians. To be honest, music in anime is sometime little more than the voice actors doing an image song.

I am, by no means attempting to lessen the musical worth or value of the artists mentioned (I too went out and purchased an original of the "Appleseed" OST to get the music by Boom Boom Satellites and others.) Nevertheless, anime music isn't the only music coming out of Japan.

Looking through the Appleseed OST, the songs are by:

CD 1 (techno/dance/rock/etc. songs)

Boom Boom Satellites (Japan)

Paul Oakfield (the UK)

Basement Jaxx (the UK)

T. Raumschmiere (Germany)

Ryuichi Sakamoto (Japan and the USA)

Atom (Chile) - His name is written as Atom(trade mark symbol)

Carl Craig VS ADULT (the USA)

Akufen (Canada)

That's a pretty international group if you ask me...

CD 2 (the OST composer)

Tetsuya Takahashi (Japan)

Most anime titles have at least a coupla' tracks that you can get into. I liked the new Area 88's mix of rock and techno, although most of those tracks didn't make it into the U.S. release of the dvd's...

If you like that kind of stuff, you should check out the *real* Japanese musicians.  To be honest, music in anime is sometime little more than the voice actors doing an image song.

422879[/snapback]

Well if we apply that reasoning to all visual media then I'm sure that the people who love John Williams works will be quite annoyed.

But then again that's like saying that anybody who draws anime isn't an artist or a jogger who doesn't run in the Boston Marthon isn't a runner.

You missed the point.

John Williams does not equal manufactured boy (or girl) bands, does he?

Yes, I did a no-no - I generalized. However, please take it with a grain of salt. There are exceptions to every rule, after all. ;)

Appleseed has an amazing soundtrack. (Well, I don't care about disc 2.) I was already pretty into Basement Jaxx and Adult, but I really got into Boom Boom Satellites after that soundtrack, and AtomTM is amazing, so I've been getting into that too.

And it's Paul Oakenfold, BTW, who is a pretty big name in electronic music, but he doesn't usually do it for me, but his track on this album was pretty good.

And it's Paul Oakenfold, BTW, who is a pretty big name in electronic music, but he doesn't usually do it for me, but his track on this album was pretty good.

423262[/snapback]

Wasn't he the guy who did Tubular Bells?

423575[/snapback]

wow I remember that CD... well, not really. since most of the time I was stoned while listening to it...