Which Show Was That?

Limbo

When I was six or eight I recall watching this TV show of a little boy who came from space. He had a gold floating robot with big eyes and a companion dog.

The plot of the show was this space kid running around and being chased by some kind of space hunters, a brunette woman and some dude. I remember both wearing black all the time and going around in a black van.... They also had a floating black droid-robot thing that could blast lasers and stuff...

I trying to find out the name of the show but I usually get a very strange look after describing the above :p

Any hints?

I got one for you anime folk (if you don't mind me asking). Its a japanese anime, I assume around 1992, but even earlier. ITs sorta like Alien the movie (Actually its alot like it). It was a group of people in what I think was a space station, fighting this dark beast... Most of them die I seem to recall. All I remember in the end was that two people got off in a shuttle (a guy and a girl) and they decends to the planet, and one of the main characters blows up the station or space ship with his lighter in a room full of H2 or O2 tanks.

Any ideas? oh I assume its a movie or an OVA

I got one for you anime folk (if you don't mind me asking). Its a japanese anime, I assume around 1992, but even earlier. ITs sorta like Alien

422048[/snapback]

That's a simple one, L.I.L.Y. Cat. It was released by Streamline years ago, but due to it's blatantly alien-rip-off-ness (I assume) no one's bothered to re-license it. Might be able to find an old tape flying around.

"Benji, Zax and the Alien Prince"

I've been trying to remember this one for years too. What tweaked show'd they had on when we were kids. Speaking of which, does anyone remember that show (also live action) with the rip-off R2-D2 crossed with Mork, that lived with an old man in (I think) San Francisco?

We get poo like Friends volume 22 on DVD but we don't get the show with a rip off R2D2 crossed with Mork living in San Francisco? Where the hell is the justice in this world??? I never saw that Benji, Zax, and the alien Prince show but I certainly would love to now. Man, the only whacky poo I remember was that show that had a six year old cyborg girl and was a sitcom of some sort.

What would you do if you found out your husband was using his robotics engineering decree to build a little girl that he snuck home from wori in a suitcase? Pretend she's your daughter! Could you imagine how different that show would have been if he had been pulled over by the cops on the way home?

There was a genius sitcom idea, "Small Wonder." They couldn't have possibly come up with a more fitting theme song for a show...well, maybe Charles in Charge....or "The Munster's Today."

Edited by Keith

I got one for you anime folk (if you don't mind me asking). Its a japanese anime, I assume around 1992, but even earlier. ITs sorta like Alien

422048[/snapback]

That's a simple one, L.I.L.Y. Cat. It was released by Streamline years ago, but due to it's blatantly alien-rip-off-ness (I assume) no one's bothered to re-license it. Might be able to find an old tape flying around.

I never saw it in north america, I remember watching it on Japanese television when I was young, and never knew the name... thanks Keith.

Damn guys!!! Whatta jog down memory lane! And I was just thinking of my old VHS copies of the live action Giant Robo from the 70's! I always loved that theme song and the bad guy in a black and white prison outfit, red cape, buck teeth and a peg leg!!!

What would you do if you found out your husband was using his robotics engineering decree to build a little girl that he snuck home from wori in a suitcase? Pretend she's your daughter! Could you imagine how different that show would have been if he had been pulled over by the cops on the way home?

There was a genius sitcom idea, "Small Wonder." They couldn't have possibly come up with a more fitting theme song for a show...well, maybe Charles in Charge....or "The Munster's Today."

422076[/snapback]

I remember that show! GAH!

422076[/snapback]

I remember that show! GAH!

422389[/snapback]

She's a small wonder, pretty and bright with soft curls.

She's a small wonder, a girl unlike other girls.

She's a miracle, and I grant you

She'll enchant you at her sight.

She's a small wonder, and she'll make your heart take flight.

She's fantastic, made of plastic.

Microchips here and there.

She's a small wonder, brings love and laughter everywhere!