Favorite Childhood Toys - Treasures In The Attic

jenius

So I'm at my folks house right now. I keep my toy collection here 'cause they have a heck of a lot more room than I do and I'd hate to have my toys salt my game with the ladies. Anyway, I'm working on the computer and my father tells me to come down and check out this box he found while cleaning out an old storage bin. Turns out it's my three favorite toys from my childhood -

So, that made me wonder, you guys ever have a similar experience? What was your favorite toys growing up?

EDIT - I should mention that I actually owned two Jetfires. One I bought like the instant it was available and had the Macross symbol and everything. Unfortunately, I left it out a lot and before long it had no arms and was a deep yellow. Then a buddy of mine sold me his for like $5. Well, there it is in the box... but I can tell you, it also is missing its arms :)

post-2677-1151638873_thumb.jpg

post-2677-1151638885_thumb.jpg

post-2677-1151638897_thumb.jpg

Edited by jenius

That's quite the treasure chest there.

I've got the opposite situation happening. I'm positive I have a jetfire in a box somewhere at my dad's place, but for the life of me I can't find it.

I've been the happy recipient of toys from friends' childhoods, though. That's how I got my first 1/35 Legioss.

I remember I loved my gobots combiner power suit thingy.

I should still have that at my parents' house, in its box and everything.

I was one of those kids that got more Go-Bots than Transformers. (They were cheaper, and I could buy more of them.)

But I did get a few (and still have with all the parts and weapons) a few Transformers jewels: namely, Devastator and Metroplex.

BTW, shouldn't this be in "Anime or Science Fiction" section?

412647[/snapback]

no, its fine where its at.

I have all my childhood toys at my house. I like to browse through them once in a while.

Very good chance it could be. Then again, a lot of people may have Macross toy treasures they've stumbled across or may have a special Macross toy that was their favorite growing up. I think it's kind of an amoebus topic but if someone wants to move it I wouldn't argue.

my favorite toys were my legos and my jetfire... my legos are in a rubbermaid bin somewhere at my parents house and my jetfire... well, it was horrible what happened to him... chipped paint, broken limbs, all yellowed out . Very sad.

It's funny you posted this Jenius, because the same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago!! I too, was at my parents' place and I found a box of old transformer toys - they were in mint shape too! I was going to sell them to a local comic shop (hoping to generate more money for Yamato valkyries), then I decided to keep 'em instead.

I had 3 of the 5 technobot figures (they are part of the combiners series: 5 robot toys together form 1 bigger robot), so I'm now in the process of trying to track the 2 I'm missing from eBay!!

:lol::lol::lol:

By the way, if you want to sell your Vehicle Voltron, please PM me!

Seriously.

:)

Cool

I loved (and still do even though im 34) my Transformers, some are a bit loose and worn others are mint and have never been out of the box I love em all like they were my kids. Next up would have to be my Lego Before Transformers even exitsted I was building Transformer like models for my spacemen to fly in. If they wernt in Transforming spaceships they were in my scaled model of the O.S Battlestar Galactica. I kept home made instructions to help me rebuild them anythime. Even thought the instruction sheets are long gone there are still some familar parts there sat in the big wooden case my Grandad made for me.

Just in case you wanted to know what a Big Trak is, here is a picture. They were cool ( i had a Starbird instead My stepbro had Big Trak and its Trailer

bigtrak%20n%20box.jpg

My Starbird Intruder ( my stepbro also had the Starbird Avenger)

intrudercutout.jpg

starbirdbox.jpg

My StepBro had all the great toys Except Transformers that was for me and my little bro to have to our selves.

Edited by big F

Just in case you wanted to know what a Big Trak is, here is a picture

Thank you for the pic, I honestly had no idea what the Big Track was. At first I was thinking of the O'Mega Supreme transformer... then I remembered that crazy name!

I think that I still have a beat-up Jetfire and a headless red 1/35 Legioss somewhere in storage, but I haven't seen them in years. I might also have a couple of ARII models tucked away too, but not sure. I gave away everything else to younger family members and friends when I was 14 or so, as girls, skateboards and guitars became much more interesting to me at that time.

Now I kick myself for doing so, seeing what serious loot all of my old stuff is now considered. I had lots of OG Transformers, Gobots, TONS of Legos, literally hundreds of classic early to late 70's Hot Wheels, and lots of vintage hand-me-down diecast toys from my parents' time. All of which go for big money now on Ebay. Doh.