Macross 7 toys

SuperSkylineGTR

I'm halfway through Macross 7, and well...uh... it sure is an interesting series. Just a bit weird though.

Anyway, I saw that only Bandai makes transformable Valks from that series. From what i saw on MW and ValkFactory, they look kinda crappy.

Will Yamato ever make some? Because that would be sweet to see a VF-19S Excaliber and a VF-17 in 1/72 scale.

And maybe I'll buy the VF-19 Kai, the paint job was sweet.

Edited by SuperSkylineGTR

Doubtful. Best hope we have is for a VF-X license, which seems doubtful as more and more time passes since that game was released. VF-22S is easy, especially as the parts (face and canopy) have apparently already been sculpted. VF-19S could be based off Yamato's new YF-19FP sculpt maybe... they'd have to trim the canards, though, and IIRC decrease the wingspan. Not so with VF-19A, so we could maybe see another issue of that... As far as the VF-19 Kai... Wonder if Yamato would have the speaker detail inside the shoulders. :lol:

I love the M7 series. The story is great and the mecha are cool (especially how we see the evolution of the M+ valks).

Actually, even looking at the line art, the VF-19Kai, S, P, etcetera, all have differently shaped legs than the YF-19. The YF-19's legs slope inward in the front, while the legs of the M7 VF-19s all bulge outward.

Hey SuperSkylineGTR! Is that your GT-R? If it is I am sooooo jealous :p

I own a Celica GT-S (it's ok) right now and am currently saving to buy the GT-R when it's released worldwide

2005?2006? Still I think the R34 is way better looking though and the s**tzzz! :D

I saw that only Bandai makes transformable Valks from that series. From what i saw on MW and ValkFactory, they look kinda crappy.

Yes they look crappy, the reason I got a VF-19F cuz it was the only thing in the market and the YF-19 out of stock. I bet if Bandai made them in eighties they would more die-cast parts. I might sell mine if Yamato releases the improved YF-19 FP.

Hey SuperSkylineGTR! Is that your GT-R? If it is I am sooooo jealous :p

I own a Celica GT-S (it's ok) right now and am currently saving to buy the GT-R when it's released worldwide

2005?2006? Still I think the R34 is way better looking though and the s**tzzz! :D

kinda OT, but no, that's not mine. But am planning to buy a G35 relatively soon (as some of you may have heard, the G35 is the Skyline in Japan, just not GT-R spec tho).

I would really like to own a real R34, tho. Maybe if I did not have this damn anime hobby, I MIGHT be able to afford one (with the help of selling a kidney :p )

back to topic, when is Yamato gonna release the YF-19 FP? I got the 21 and 11B, now I need to complete my MP line up!

Also, I noticed that the original 19 had crappy looking knees, but they improved it on the VF-19, but gerwalk mode looked awkward, will Yamato fix those problems?

and yes, opening shoulder speakers on a 1/72 Fire Valkyrie would be sweet!

kinda OT, but no, that's not mine. But am planning to buy a G35 relatively soon (as some of you may have heard, the G35 is the Skyline in Japan, just not GT-R spec tho).

I would really like to own a real R34, tho. Maybe if I did not have this damn anime hobby, I MIGHT be able to afford one (with the help of selling a kidney :p )

I'm dieing to get a G35 myself. I want a G35 sedan with the sport package and Nismo aero kit. The problem is that to get the sport package, you also have to get the leather interior and sunroof which adds a lot to the cost. It really bugs me when you have to get one option when selecting another. What's the point of having separate options when they have to be bundled?

Anyways, back to the topic - Yamato won't be doing Mac7 toys anytime soon since Bandai still owns the rights to Mac7. At least that is what I heard. Yamato appears to have their hands full with redoing Mac+ valks and all the new Mac0 valks. After they finish all the variants and different scales of those, who knows what they will do next but that will a long time from now.

I'm halfway through Macross 7, and well...uh... it sure is an interesting series. Just a bit weird though.

Anyway, I saw that only Bandai makes transformable Valks from that series. From what i saw on MW and ValkFactory, they look kinda crappy.

Will Yamato ever make some? Because that would be sweet to see a VF-19S Excaliber and a VF-17 in 1/72 scale.

:( Not in this lifetime, BAndai refuses to relinquish their hold on the Macross 7 License so therefore Yamato cannot afford to get into a legal battle over license issues with bandai despite the fact Bandai's M7 toy and model line is crappy at best. :angry: I too like to have a 1/48 VF-19F/S Excaliber and and VF-17D/S. :)

:( Not in this lifetime, BAndai refuses to relinquish their hold on the Macross 7 License so therefore Yamato cannot afford to get into a legal battle over license issues with bandai despite the fact Bandai's M7 toy and model line is crappy at best. :angry: I too like to have a 1/48 VF-19F/S Excaliber and and VF-17D/S. :)

If they are holding on to the liscense tightly, then where are the new valks??

The crank out new MG kits in mass quantities all the time. New PG Gundams are coming. They release Chogokin Eva's. Some kind of new HG eva (i would guess MG style inner frame) is on the way. And lord knows what else. True Macross 7 itself itself won't be as big a seller as Gundam or Eva, but I am still rather surprised they haven't tried to milk their Macross 7 liscense more. They have to know that new high quality VF-17's or 19's would fly off the shelves, or a VF-11C, with or without armor.

Maybe they are planning to surprise us next year. One can hope. Odds are that if they are holding onto the liscence they are planning to do something with it, otherwise why not sub-liscence it to Yamato and still make some profit?

The old 17's and 19's weren't bad, just too "toyish". Not something they would make for their Chogokin buyer crowd.

I want an Fz-109F, I don't care if Bandai or Yamato makes it, though I'd prefer Yamato.

I would also like a Fz-109, but I would prefer one of those Black VF-14's from the Spiritia Dreaming clip.

If only Yamato would make some neat 1/72 or 1/60 VF-X2 vallks :(

I suppose Bandai license will have to end soon , and it won't be long for BW to realise that Yamato is making far more money for them than Bandai is and they'll hopefully give Yamato the M7 license.

What I'm wondering though is whether Yamato can ask BW to give them a M7 license , I mean , Bandai and Hasegawa both have licenses for SDF Macross and I don't see anyone complaining , why wouldn't BW give Yamato a M7 license if they know Yamato is making more money from macross toys ?

I would be enourmously happy if Yamato eventually makes this valks :

- VF-5000G

- Gamlin and Millia's VF-22s

- VF-19S and Kai

- VA-14

- VF-11D jamming bird variant and © FA variant

What bothers my most is that from that list Yamato could easily produce a VF-5000B and a VA-14 from their M+ license (the Va-14 is shortly seen in the Movie version when Isamu throws his helmet to Yang Newman , although SK hasn't confirmed this to be a VA-14 but I would like to think it is ).

Even if Yamato gets the M7 license It'll be a long time before we see any of these toys as Yamato is quite busy with the over-exploited VF-1 and then the YF-19FP and hopefully the M0 toys...

From here:

22.  I asked Yamato about the possibility of producing Macross 7 toys in the future, as I am a big fan of both the VF-17D/S and VF-19S/F. However, Yamato indicated that Bandai have the Macross 7 toy licence sown up tighter than a fly's ass. Thus, there is no possibility of Yamato making Macross 7 toys L.  However, the possibility of more toys from VF-X2 is still open.

So no - don't expect to see any Yamato M7 toys for the next decade or so - probably never. The fact that Bandai doesn't plan to further the license and make money for Big West is irrelevent (though unfortunate). A license like this is an exclusive contract, and any exclusive rights Bandai currently holds will not be transferrable until the current license expires. As no one can or will comment on the specifics regarding their license, I'm going to infer from Graham's answer that this just isn't going to happen. I have no idea regarding the legal system in Japan, but in the US BW could potentially sue Bandai for not developing the property (some game developer is doing this against - I think Paramount, maybe it's just Berman and crew - right now in regards to how they own exclusive rights to develop video games based on Star Trek and they've let the property slide into decline). Even were this possible, I can't imagine BW or Yamato would want to go head to head with a juggernaut like Bandai's legal team, so don't expect to see this situation change any time soon.

Sorry, but it's time to move on, people. This has been discussed ad nausea already. As much as we'd ALL love to see it, this just isn't going to happen. Ever. Get over it.

:( Damn, what a bummer.

Oh well, does anyone have the Bandai M7 Valks? How are they? I did have the one transformable "snap-tight" model a few years back and it was okay.

I know a place by me that is selling them, but they're kinda high, does anybody know of any places online that sell 'em?

Do we really know that M7 has an exclusive license? After all, both Yamato and Bandai make the VF-1. And is Yamato alone making M0 toys? Bandai isn't making any of their own?

Even if it is exclusive license, Yamato apparently had at least a limited VF-X2 license for the VF-19A. VF-22S they already have the parts sculpted! Though I dream about a Max and Milia set. :) VF-17D/S as Yamato 1/72 would be just yummy. Much less when we start talking about VF-19S with FP and optional accesorries packs with fold boosters and sound boosters and such. And I'd buy a Battle 7 toy in a heart-beat. Hopefully it'd be in the same scale as an SDF-1. ;)

Oh well, does anyone have the Bandai M7 Valks? How are they? I did have the one transformable "snap-tight" model a few years back and it was okay.

I know a place by me that is selling them, but they're kinda high, does anybody know of any places online that sell 'em?

Yeah they're pretty cool. Good toys. The "Chunky Monkey" of Yamato's M+ valks. I also have the bootleg Fire and Blazer valkyries. Same toy, and nearly identical design (they're VF-19S is basically a VF-19 Kai with a different paint scheme) though with cheaper plastic... not that bad IMO. Indeed SOME aspects of the design I like better than Yamato's YF-19/VF-19A (I have the latter), notably the way Bandai hid the head in fighter mode. And how the legs can sweep forward in Gerwalk for that "braking thrust" (which isn't possible with the Yamato). Definately nice and sturdy but light on the detail and chunky in the sculpt.

The Bandai is the only VF-17 valkyrie you're going to find.

Don't pay TOO much, though. HLJ has the official Bandai reissues. You can find the bootlegs on ebay easy... search for "blazer valkyrie."

I kinda doubt Bandai's license would last more than couple of years more , they released their M7 toys a long time ago and such licenses don't last that long unless you renew them , which is not something that's up to Bandai to aprove but to BW , and since Yamato is making the most profit for BW from toy production I'd assume BW will eventually give Yamato authorisation to make M7 toys.

In the other hand , even if Bandai's license for M7 toys ended tomorrow I doubt Yamato would start making M7 toys any time soon because of their seemingly endless over-explotation of their VF-1 molds.

If Yamato really wanted to make new toys like the VA-14 or the VF-5000 they could just go and make them under their Macross Plus licenses which hasn't ended yet as we're still waiting for their YF-19FP. What I think Yamato is doing with their M+ license is the same as their SDF license , in other words , they are currently trying to get the most revenue out of their old 1/72 molds before they start making something new - saving some money first before investing in new molds for new toys -.

So , it'll be at least 3 to 4 years before we start seeing some new valks from Yamato....unless they alternatively release some VF-X2 valks in paralel to their M0 line...