Jm's, Mophers, Whats The Dif?

do not disturb

i know this may be kind of silly question but outside of JM's being older, whats the real differences between them and the toynami morphers? and also the converters?

from the pics i've seen, they look pretty similar but i've never owned any of them so its hard for me to say. some comparison pics and details regarding them would be greatly appreciated.

Well, I don't have any comparison pics right now, but here are the most glaring differences (aside from quality).

The BanDai JMs are a little larger than the morphers and have more moving parts.

The transformation for a JM is nearly identical to that of a Taka/Bandai 1/55 valkyrie, while the Convertors/Morphers simply "break-apart" into battroid mode. (Anyone who has seen or hadled one can help me with this description).

JMs can be transformed into all three modes, as where the Convertors/Morphers are only fighter or battroid.

With pics, you will see the difference in quality (which is one of the biggest differences). The JMs are much better in construction and design and poseability - basically better in every way.

Hope this helps!

David

Edited by valkyrie312

Morphers feature arms that are permanently outstretched and slide on pegs outward. In fighter mode you push the pegs in and the legs go outside of them. To transform you swing the legs down and pull the arm pegs outward. The knees and elbows don't move on morphers. The "break apart" David referred to pretty much means the morpher has a hinge in the middle so to go from fighter mode you just apply pressure on either end and that opens the hinge. You then fold the ends together to form battloid mode.

JM's are waaay better. So whatever valkyrie312 and jenius said is true. The Morphers shouldn't even be compared to a JM. The morphers are no where near the quality of a JM. Hands down! :D:p:lol:

darn it! i thought they'd somewhat be the same but it sounds like the morphers are well...not worth owning. LOL!

i'm just all yamato'ed out lately and wanted something new/different to collect. oh well, bring on 1/100 valks!

one other question,

excluding customs and non canon valks(scrambled egg, etc), how many JM's were released?

yeah, yeah, i know i could use the search but P@'s like the JM king of MW.

Pat can correct me if i'm wrong

Japanese:

VF-1A Hik

VF-1A Max

VF-1S Hik Strike

VF-1S Roy

VF-1J Max

VF-1J Milia

American Robotech:

VF-1J Max

VF-1J Miriya

VF-1S Roy

406452[/snapback]

I can do this for Pat. There was nver a VF-1S Hikaru Strike. There are only customs.

So the actual list would be:

Japanese:

VF-1A Super Hikaru

VF-1A Super Max

VF-1S Super Roy

VF-1J Super Max

VF-1J Super Milia

American Robotech:

VF-1J Super Max

VF-1J Super Miriya

VF-1S Super Roy

Also, all of the JMs included a Minmei figure.

I can do this for Pat. There was nver a VF-1S Hikaru Strike. There are only customs.

So the actual list would be:

Japanese:

VF-1A Super Hikaru

VF-1A Super Max

VF-1S Super Roy

VF-1J Super Max

VF-1J Super Milia

American Robotech:

VF-1J Super Max

VF-1J Super Miriya

VF-1S Super Roy

Oh hey, that's great news! That reduces the number of official toys I don't own by one! :)

i know this may be kind of silly question but outside of JM's being older, whats the real differences between them and the toynami morphers?  and also the converters?

from the pics i've seen, they look pretty similar but i've never owned any of them so its hard for me to say.  some comparison pics and details regarding them would be greatly appreciated.

406376[/snapback]

its pretty obviouse you have never owed any if you are asking the questions you are asking. They are totally different dude. Damn! Whoop, there it is!

Lord K.

Robhy did recasts of them in the past. Alas, they are never more. :(

Or are they???? :ph34r:

I finally own my own 'Joke, and it's not my life! Bring them BACK!

you guys can check out my collection here:

My collection page

:D  :p  :lol:

406761[/snapback]

Whoa, cool! Where'd you'd get that all silver valkyrie?!? Is it a 1/48 custom?

:lol:

406807[/snapback]

haha, I wish. It's even a toy. It's the 1/100 bandai model special coated version. Pretty cool model.