Very Unique New Figure Display System.

, you gotta see it for youself,

http://www.toysdaily.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=41434

It's not going to work well with poseable robots but it's certainly interesting.

400800[/snapback]

Wow, nice idea, specially how they stack up like Lego. New ways of fighting the evil dust legions are always welcomed.

My Macross stuff won't fit there but I have some Warhammer and Confrontation miniatures that would really benefit from using something like this.

Are these things cheap? The only drawback I see is that the "warp film" might not hold against pointy things.

TwoDucks... I think that minis would get a bit roughed up in one of those things, but the idea sure is neat. Think tho about all the pointy WH bits, and how soft the lead of the Confrontation figures is.... I'd be worried about ripping the film and figure deformation..

Really cool idea tho... I want to know if the film is reusable, or one figure one film, and then replace the film after it's stretched out if you want to repose the figure.... and what about the material of the film? I'd be worried about long term storage with the film bonding to paint or something... still really cool.

Edited by promethuem5

TwoDucks... I think that minis would get a bit roughed up in one of those things, but the idea sure is neat.  Think tho about all the pointy WH bits, and how soft the lead of the Confrontation figures is.... I'd be worried about ripping the film and figure deformation..

Really cool idea tho... I want to know if the film is reusable, or one figure one film, and then replace the film after it's stretched out if you want to repose the figure.... and what about the material of the film?  I'd be worried about long term storage with the film bonding to paint or something... still really cool.

400809[/snapback]

Good point. Especially on the Confrontation stuff. Maybe by making the bases a lot bigger you can focus all the stress there and leave enough free space for the delicate parts of the figure.

True, but if they're gaming minis, you don't really want to have some huge crazy base, do you? unless it's a secondary removable stoarage base.. like all those display bases people make... hmm... doesn't sound like such a bad idea now as long as you keep track of where it sticks out...