You Call Yourself A Mecha Fan ???

Here's a fun little quiz. Match the key word with a Japanese animated mecha related production. Only go look it up online after you've exhausted your cerebral capabilties. Do not read replies below until exhausting cerebral capabilities!!!

OL = Obscurity Level.

Asurada (OL-5)

D1 (OL-9)

D7 (OL-10)

Ishkick (OL-8)

Shaian (OL-9)

Soyukaze (OL-3)

J9 Trilogy (oL-10)

Melos no Youni (OL-10)

Tulcas (OL-3)

Round Vernian (OL-2)

Shooting Star (OL-10)

Just thought this would be fun :D

~Liottel

Well, basically anyone who's looked at the old model cataloges for that series remembers the Ishkick and the Nickick. Their names sort of become glued in your head. Plus, it's a lot more unknown than the star mecha. And even those aren't -really- well known. I'd say the reference deserves an 8.

PM me if you don't understand my avatar. I don't understand many of your boobly naughty avatars either, haha. Or just go look up Hakaristi on the web.

~Liottel.

Asurada (OL-5) - Cyber Formula?

D1 (OL-9) - no idea, hint?

D7 (OL-10) - no idea, hint?

Ishkick (OL-8) - Orguss

Shaian (OL-9) - Dragon's Heaven?

Soyukaze (OL-3) - Captain Tylor

J9 Trilogy (oL-10) - Sasuraiger and company

Melos no Youni (OL-10) - Uhm, Layzner?

Tulcas (OL-3) - Dorvack

Round Vernian (OL-2) - Votoms

Shooting Star (OL-10) - uh... Shooting Star Gakuseiver?

I'm a nerd.

Edited by Ginrai

I'll continue the game. I'm not going to bother with obscurity level, but I guarantee you some of these are from Japanese mecha video games, manga, and even tokusatsu.

Penelope

Lanstar of the Wind

Alcedes

Dsserd

Junchoon

Calamity

Zahme Sau

Poseidon

Baldios

Dira Noth

Enjoy!

I've never heard of any of those animes. I'll have to start netflixing.

As for the Swastika, i know its off topic, but i think its a good thing using it for something other than nazi's. Nothing will break a symbols negative connotation faster than using it for what it was originally intended.

Smart move Imho.

Penelope

Lanstar of the Wind

Alcedes

Dsserd

Junchoon

Calamity

Zahme Sau

Poseidon

Baldios

Dira Noth

Enjoy!

389225[/snapback]

I actually know some of these.

Penelope - Hathaway's Flash

Lanstar of the Wind - Hades Project: Zeorymer

Junchoon - Five Star Stories

Calamity - Gundam SEED

I think you oughta through in some more easy ones so casual fans like myslef can at least have a bit of fun with this. I have heard of the ishkick...and that's it.

And don't worry about your avatar. Don't let other's ignorance get in the way of your expression.

Ginrai, you are amazing!!! And as for your questions, I had absolutely no idea. I'd have to go look it up. I'll be happy to see what other people figure out.

And as for D1 and D7 hints...

D1 is from an OVA, D7 is from a 75 episode show. D1 may also be spelled D 1 D-1, etc.

~Liottel

(And thanks for your understanding about the symbol. It's actually still used on service medals and on the presidential flag in Finland. If we banned the use of anything that offended a bunch of people at some point in history, I don't think thered be a single thing left on earth.)

All avatar discussions should go in the feedback section. You guys figure it out, I dont really care about the subject but discussions are being derailed by it and as long as they do I'll lock them all.

No offense to anyone. wink.gif