Does Anybody Know This Transformer?

NERV

It was one that i had a kid but i can't remeber it's name and have been unable to find it, it was a jet, mostly purple, somewhere on it's body in jet mode there was a panel that you could flip open and when you looked thru it it was a crosshair with a view of the ground, if i remeber correctly the crosshair was an amber panel that may have had a picture of a tank in it, i have a theroy that it may be a powermaster called darkwing but i have been unable to find any picture of him to confirm that crosshair panel

It was one that i had a kid but i can't remeber it's name and have been unable to find it, it was a jet, mostly purple, somewhere on it's body in jet mode there was a panel that you could flip open and when you looked thru it it was a crosshair with a view of the ground, if i remeber correctly the crosshair was an amber panel that may have had a picture of a tank in it, i have a theroy that it may be a powermaster called darkwing but i have been unable to find any picture of him to confirm that crosshair panel

389067[/snapback]

Interesting.

I have powermaster darkwing and dreadwing but they don't have that targeting panel thingy. So it would be something else.

Sorry...can't help you more than that.

yes all of those figures had purple but none of them had what he mentions on it, there was also a cyclonus toy. . i cannot remember if any of the last headmasters or target masters had what he mentioned. but it may have been one of those.

chris

Shockwave was purple, and had a panel you could flip up with crosshairs on it. He was also the most badass raygun ever, but not a jet.

Is it possible that 2 seperate toys have been merged in your mind by time?

Hmm i have no idea what transformer you're eluding too. It's obviously a decepticon but i don't ever recall seeing one with a crosshair panel as a kid. Best bet would be to try and check out the Tranformers Archive at TFU.info. They've got just about every bot listed both by name and year. It might be tedious, since you'll have to comb through all the names of the decepticons that you think might be him, but it's worth a shot.

TFU.info

You might be thinking of Skyquake, which is green, but has the look through the hole see a target gimmick. Skyquake was a UK exclusive later recolored as black and dark grey as Machine Wars Starscream with the eye gimmick removed, which was later again recolored blue as King Atlas in the TF Universe line.

It's possible it was one of the other Predators, Skyquake's team, that you were thinking of. The Predator Skydive is actually purple: http://www.cliffbee.com/reviews/euroskydive.htm All the Predators have the gimmick with the scope as far as I know.

Darkwing definitely does not have anything like that.

was later again recolored blue as King Atlas in the TF Universe line.

I was just gonna say that youy might be thinking of the Universe King Atlas mold...

And NERV, your avatar is sick, and Liottel, your avatar is technically not in the wrong, but still really iffy.

ok, i'm not sure if people fully get the description of the crosshair, the crosshair itself didnt pop up, there was a panel near the center of the plane, you opened this panel, and the crosshair is stationary, still inside the transformer but you look down thru it for something of a bombardier perspective, i believe it may have been relatively late in the transformers line, i could be wrong but i tihnk that it ball joints somewhere in it, i wouldve been somewhere between 6 and 10, so it wouldve been probably a 91-95, but it may have been earlier...

(from Ginrai's post)

You might be thinking of Skyquake, which is green, but has the look through the hole see a target gimmick. Skyquake was a UK exclusive later recolored as black and dark grey as Machine Wars Starscream with the eye gimmick removed, which was later again recolored blue as King Atlas in the TF Universe line.

unfortunately that aint it, there was no mirrors or anything, just a panel opened and you looked straight down from the top thru to the bottom

edit: and the crosshair wasnt just a clear view, as i said befor ei belive it was amber with an image of a tank or something

Edited by NERV

that might be it, since this is the G-2 version pictured maybe the G1 has a different colorscheme.

chris

ok, i'm not sure if people fully get the description of the crosshair, the crosshair itself didnt pop up, there was a panel near the center of the plane, you opened this panel, and the crosshair is stationary, still inside the transformer but you look down thru it for something of a bombardier perspective, i believe it may have been relatively late in the transformers line, i could be wrong but i tihnk that it ball joints somewhere in it, i wouldve been somewhere between 6 and 10, so it wouldve been probably a 91-95, but it may have been earlier...

389254[/snapback]

91-95?

Yeah, forget Shockwave. He was in the first wave, so more like EIGHTY-five.

*suddenly feels old*

ok, i'm tihnking i may just be glamorizing it in my mind sinc ei havent seen it in years, looking that index, i tihnk it MAY be that predator skydive, but i seem to remeber it being more compexwould anyone happen to have the purple skydive to get some detailed pics?