Gundam Figure Thread

I got into Turn-A sometime after that toy came out. I did see a couple in Tokyo recently, but they all had the scary unreadable kanji which translate as "Problem". :) I'm also kicking myself for not picking up the MSiA when I had the chance, but again, when I had the opportunity I was still under the impression that Turn-A was the result of Tomino hitting the tequila a bit too hard recently and not the masterpiece creation of the Universes greatest mecha show director. :)

I have someone working on something in compensation for missing out on the figures, I'll see about putting up some images when Project... er... Fish... is completed. :)

Edited by F-ZeroOne

But we already have an awesome turn-A toy.

http://www.tisinc99.com/newmatmodtur.html

Ok, it tends to shed some small parts. Still a must-buy.

Oh this toy... lol yeah this toy suffers from the notorious shoulder breakage out of the box... Its a 50/50 chance you'll get a lemon but Its no hard to fix... Rubber cement or krazy glue should hold up the shoulder nice and tight.

Anyone got the FIX Gundam-X , I want to know if the figure is worth it and how flexible is it.

I have the FIX Gundam X. It's worth it if you're willing to live with some issues. The main issue with the FIX GX-9900 is that the head and waist section is not held tightly. Worse yet, waist section joint is easily broke. As seen here -

0033error.jpg

As a result I had to use glue on the waist and head.

That said, it looks awesome and comes with a nice display stand. The whole package also allows you to convert between the Gundam X, X Divider, and G-bit look.

I personally had to get it just for the X Divider look.

In terms of posability, I think it's a bit limited. Particularly the legs which moves only about 90 degress and the waist which does not twist or bend (esp after it breaks :p). But I think it's within typical GFF standards.

Well the price range of a typical GFF MC is around 100-150 dollars depending on size and amount of accessories each one has. The psycho gundam mk 2 is around 140 with shipping... the zeta plus is going to cost around 180 dollars plus shipping... so the average total cost would be 210 for customers outside of japan...

Hmm... Thanx. I hope they produce a frame system version <_< .

I'm waiting for an MG kit of Gundam X Divider. Even within Gundam, some Gundam series are given quicker/better treatment than others. <_<

Gundam X gets absolutely no love. :(

About the GFF Metal Composite stuff:

1) What's the general verdict on these - good, bad?

2) Are these scaled at 1/100?

3) Is articulation on par with MGs?

Not really contemplating buying one of the current offerings now, but if they ever announce Nu/Hi-Nu, Unicorn, Xi, Penelope, or V2 Gundam, then I don't think I could resist.

1) What's the general verdict on these - good, bad? I think this depends on who answers. Their QC looks better than the standard GFFs.

2) Are these scaled at 1/100? Yes, except for the Psycos which are 1/144.

3) Is articulation on par with MGs? Without having one and not finding any review/gallery showing anything but standard leg/arm movement, I'd say "No Way."

Not really contemplating buying one of the current offerings now, but if they ever announce Nu/Hi-Nu, Unicorn, Xi, Penelope, or V2 Gundam, then I don't think I could resist.

:D

Edited by GRAND CANNON

1) What's the general verdict on these - good, bad?

2) Are these scaled at 1/100?

3) Is articulation on par with MGs?

Well I currently own the RX-78 and the two psycho gundams and the QC is awesome! The figures are really tight and sturdy with lots of metal on vital contact points. You can let them fall on a concrete floor and nothing will happen to em! Theyre that strong! If you want a good quality gundam figure than this is it.

Edited by transfan52

• 2 weeks later...

From Ngeekhiong :

G.F.F.N Z2 & Robot Damashii Special Info

More information about the two future merchandises that caused a bit of confusion the other day:

G.F.F.N Z2- N = New

- An array of different materials used, including metal parts for the joints.

- Parting lines between the parts will be covered

- Painting level-up

- The rifle's gimmick requires part-swapping

- Beam saber can be stored in the knee storage rack

- Option to change the V-Fin between hard and flexible ones

- Waverider transformation more stable

- Late March release, 8,190 Yen (inclusive of tax).

Robot Damashii (Side MS) Arios Gundam DX Set

- Comes with the special equipment for Arios Gundam

- Arios will be in Trans-Am color scheme

- Late February release, 5,250 Yen (inclusive of tax).

Robot Damashii (Side MS) Special Item- Is the separate release of the special equipment for Arios Gundam DX Set

- Late February release, 2,625 Yen (inclusive of tax).

Information from Happinet Online.

I know Im a little late on the whole gundam figure thread lately but I've been interested in the HCM-PRO lineup. My main figure collection consists of GFF, zeonagraphy and MC lines... Im used to figures with lots of detail... poseability isn't really an issue with me because I don't pose my figures that much ne way.

But im hearing so many mixed opinions about the HCM-pro line I don't know what to believe... Some ppl say they're rubbish while others praise their detail and poseability. Overall how would any of you guys say they stack up to the GFF or EMSIA design... Im curious because Im thinking about picking up a cheap one myself to see if they're any good.

So i got the new Robot Damashi 00 Gundam today, and I must say it's a nice step up from MSIA. Joints are tight, good articulation, nice detail. The size is about the same as the EMSIA line, but smaller than the GNU Dou figs.

The one thing that bugs me on the 00 Gundam is the fins that stick out the chest. They dont angle outwards enough and are too long, which kinda blocks the head. All in all, a quality figure.

I know Im a little late on the whole gundam figure thread lately but I've been interested in the HCM-PRO lineup. My main figure collection consists of GFF, zeonagraphy and MC lines... Im used to figures with lots of detail... poseability isn't really an issue with me because I don't pose my figures that much ne way.

But im hearing so many mixed opinions about the HCM-pro line I don't know what to believe... Some ppl say they're rubbish while others praise their detail and poseability. Overall how would any of you guys say they stack up to the GFF or EMSIA design... Im curious because Im thinking about picking up a cheap one myself to see if they're any good.

First thing to note about HCM Pros is that they are in 1:200 scale. That means they are significantly smaller than GFFs and even EMIAs. GFFs are around 1:144 scale and EMIAs generally range around the 1:150~1:160 scale. Thus there are times where detail can suffer a bit. Paint application is also at times not super sharp (it depends from model to model). That said the detail is pretty darn good for a 1:200 scale toy. particularly when you consider that most HCM pros range around the $20 price.

One nice thing about the HCM Pros is that they're made of ABS plastic. Thus the sculpts are straight & sharp and you don't get that warped & thick rubberyness of PVC plastic as you do with MSiAs. The joints of HCM Pros tend to be less floppy than MSiAs and attachments fit better than they do on GFFs. Articulation is superb. Far better than GFFs and EMIAs.

Personally I' rank the HCM Pros above the GFFs and EMIAs. In terms of finish, it's hard to beat GFFs. Plus the size of GFFs tends to make them stand out more. If only for purely display purpose, GFFs win. However, I think GFFs are too expensive and don't provide enough "fun". HCM Pros (IMHO) gives you better bang for the buck. The low price and poseability makes then easier to collect and easier to play with.

Something a bit different...

Picked up these Z'Gok vinyl toys today in Akiba, about 850yen each. They're from UFO Catcher machines, so they're not available for general sale although they tend to make their way to used shops pretty easily. Not super detailed, but decently tall and all vinyl so you can get drunk and throw them at a wall or whatever and not have to worry about them breaking.

post-22-1226924337_thumb.jpgpost-22-1226924345_thumb.jpgpost-22-1226924354_thumb.jpgpost-22-1226924362_thumb.jpg

BTW GRAND CANNON is an O Gundam action figure wanted/wished by Gundam collector in Japan ?

I haven't seen any 'chatter' on it......

Man, she's a big one!

Here's some more shots of the 'Hummingbird': http://ga.sbcr.jp/mreport/011721/