Tv And Dyrl Valkyries

Chet

I keep reading about folks clamoring for "Focker's Grey VF-1S TV version" of the 1/48 Yamato Valkyrie, but I honestly don't remember any differences between the TV version of the VF-1S and the 1/48 VF-1S Focker toy that I own.

What are the differences, if any? Was my TV's brightness just turned up too high all this time? :blink:

Are Yamato's 1/48 scale Max, Milia, and Hikaru Super VF-1J's faithful to the TV series' designs? What about the Cannon Fodder?

Yes apparently it was more of a grey base than a white one.

The arrows on the skull head are also black.

Of course there are the TV style hands opposed to the more mechanical DYRL? hands.

DYRL forearms are also a flat shape, not a U-like shape at the elbow.

Max and Millia are faithful to the TV designs. CF I think is a bastardisation. Technically to me it is a DYRL?, even if it comes with TV hands. You can't really call it a TV valk due to the different shaped head and elbows.

I always assumed that Roy's valkyrie was off-white or just "dirty white". . . it is clearly white at many time during the TV series.

Yet, we can't be sure it's not supposed to be white in the movie as well. The movie uses a much, much darker pallette and is more realistic in the way it handles lighting. Given that we never see a VF-1S (much less Roy's) in anything like natural white light, it's hard to determine if it's really grey, or the lighting just makes it appear that way.

I think the clamoring for a grey one comes form the fact that Bandai released a grey and a white one. But I think the distinction made between grey/white as "movie" vs "TV" colors is largely artificial.

H

I had always thought that the TV Rick and the TV Roy were grey. May be a trick of the eyes though cuz for a long time, I thought the Yammie 48 Rick and Roy were off white as well... nope!

Even still, if I make a roy or rick in CG or custom toy, I would make it an off white grey tint.

• 1 month later...
WOW.  You drew that??????  HOLY SH*T.

368039[/snapback]

Thanks Man! That is a close up of the old version. I actually went back to it and removed all the black lines! It is my ultimate Macross tribute :)

The new one is so dirty, you can hardly see the valk anymore :lol:

Edited by vlenhoff

Wow! You did that avatar yourself? :o

Do you take commisions? :)

368062[/snapback]

Commisions? for exaple? I'll draw anything for the right price :) Granted all my passion is included in the commision. :p

I love drawing, I can't explain why...

Yeah vlenhoff I didn't know that. Good work!

But I can't see that the arrows are black anyway, there's not enough "light" there.

368054[/snapback]

I re-visited this drawing and made that and other areas lighter. It is a such a detailed drawing that it is hard to change things on it. So many layers of goodness. Thanks for the observation. Now the drawing itself is free of an outline.

The funny thing is that the arrows on the head still yellow :) but the arms are the TV version. I kind'a LIKE'EM yellow, but I guess I'll do an extra layer...

I'll update my avatar when the changes are finished. I like them both with outline, and without.

I was a pro, now I'm a pro for hire. I freelance whenever I can. It may sound like a dream, but I'm working on my own story. I have all chaacters, ships, main story(3 of them). Part of it is 3D, part of it is hand drawn.

I working on a super portfolio, and that VF-1S I drew is part of it. the copy on this thread is a low res version. The high res of it can be zoomed pretty close, and you can see the details clearly. Also the arms, gun pod and right leg were not finished as you can see in the image posted. The newest version has no outlines. Errors of its predecessor have almost completely been corrected. The Face is now accurate to Kawamori's design(including camera, and intruments set up in the 1S head)(even the skull in the heatshield is exactly as the 1/48s ). There is rust, bumps, dirt, scratches, oil, in all areas of the Valk. The gun pod is actually finished. This is my "Tribute to Macross" masterpiece. Also, there's going to be a background to it.

Thanks for the complements guys!

Specially you Ignacio Ocamica, I'm going to start thinking you are my fan :) since you have kept my drawing. I think this is the second time you have made a mention to my art. Thanks for such honor

You guys rock!

Thanks,

V!C

Vlenhoff, I've been meaning to ask, you're a pro right?

If not, then you are wasting your talent my friend.

That piece of art should grace the cover of a game/anime/manga...

It's simply stunning. :o  :blink:

388799[/snapback]

Edited by vlenhoff

I though of this countless times... I do want to make posters sell them, and show off my skills! :)

This one below is a mechanical pencil art, and I did it by memory! Then I painted it in Photoshop. ALso, I painted every color /version of the VF-1 including the new LV2! As you can see all the shadows where As you can see the sheet paper was in bad shape, but I love the effect.

The copy attached is a collage I made to show the other colors. The original file a big file, and you can change the color of the valks and the pilots by just clicking on the layers :) Or you can do combinations like a LV2 Roy :) It's awesome!

Enjoy!

post-48-1144705815_thumb.jpg

Edited by vlenhoff

Yes Sir, I am your fan and I bow down to your almighty expertise :lol:

Another piece of art saved to my HD.

I'm a great fan of pencil drawings and that valk is just too awesome. the colored ones too!!!

Great work as usual.

Yes Sir, I am your fan and I bow down to your almighty expertise :lol:

Another piece of art saved to my HD.

I'm a great fan of pencil drawings and that valk is just too awesome. the colored ones too!!!

Great work as usual.

389806[/snapback]

Wow, that's so nice, I'll send you a clean copy of the picture above, you choose:

Roy's, Hikaru, Max, Miria, CF, or LV2

Thanks for the commentaries, they are uplifting!

I though of this countless times... I do want to make posters sell them, and show off my skills!  :)

389714[/snapback]

Time to stop typing, and start making then ;) . I know I'd definitely be down for some poster size copies of your work. If you made a collage like the one in that thumbnail, with one main valk in the center, say a Roy, and then all the other variants as a border, as well as some closeups of some sections of interest, like the sensor array in the head, it would definitely be one of the centerpieces gracing the wall in my shrine!

It would definitely have to be a copy though, as I'm sure a work like that would be well out of the reach of my wallet for a one time custom job :) .

I keep reading about folks clamoring for "Focker's Grey VF-1S TV version" of the 1/48 Yamato Valkyrie, but I honestly don't remember any differences between the TV version of the VF-1S and the 1/48 VF-1S Focker toy that I own.

What are the differences, if any?  Was my TV's brightness just turned up too high all this time?  :blink: 

Are Yamato's 1/48 scale Max, Milia, and Hikaru Super VF-1J's faithful to the TV series' designs? What about the Cannon Fodder?

367644[/snapback]

the different between TV & MOVIE of ROY VF-1S not due to the body color,

is due to the marking on the body and the palm design,

1. head arrow on tv is black,while movie is yellow

2. lower leg have a "VF" mark in TV version

3. the "001" on the leg little fin is bigger than movie version

4. the "001" on the tail fin is in the middle top, while movie version is near the edge

5. this point I'm not sure, I suppose TV version haven't a little skull mark near cockpit

6. cockpit panel and layout design are different

7. flight suit of pilot are totally different

8. this point I also not sure, I suppost The TV VF-1S is belong to the "prometheus" while the

Movie is belong to "Armd-1" (maybe two of it also is belong to "SDF-1"...)

9. palm design are different

then why I choose light grey instead of white is just because the impression that the TV series given to me, also the takatoku 1/55 toys :)

The arrows on the skull head are also black.

367653[/snapback]

If that's right, then the drawing I made is wrong... If you see my avatar, the arrows are yellow, and I drew a TV version 1S. I guess I need to fix it...

368021[/snapback]

:o:huh::blink: Holy cow you are good :o:blink::huh:

Goodness its great to find other illustrators I can relate to on board!  Vlenhoff this whole time I had no idea man!  Sweet stuff!

390655[/snapback]

I'm sorry mods, I sort of took this thread hostage. Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0 i want to see your stuff :lol: That didn't sound right :lol: No, really, I want to see it! Maybe I have already seen it. I'm glad you liked my work, it is an honor for me when someone enjoys what I have in my mind. Thank you!

I'm in the mood to draw a valk girl now!

A hotsweatybabylicioussweethoney@ssbaby!

That's right, that hot!

Stay tuned!

Here is the new link:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showforum=5