Roy 1s Reissue #5 Plus Fast Packs #3 In Feb

Roy's Blues

A 6th release of Roy? I think I am skipping out on these. I mean, sheesh I have enough Roys to choke and I was planning to buy 2 of the 4th release to put it in my collection but now... Then again, I can attain my goal of 100 1/48s... I have already 22 FPs of DYRL and 6 FPs from Hikaru VF-1J series.

all this talk of, is this the 4th release, the 5th release, the 6th release, etc.... you ever think that its simply stores restocking their shelves?

most small stores aren't going to buy more than 5-10 pcs if even that. yamatos larger accts may purchase more but certainly not in the 100's and definitely not in the 1000's.

that being said, i think this is the same run from the 3rd release cause i honestly doubt they sold out of their entire production run 5 times in a row...unless they made production runs of 100 units which is highly unlikely. they probably made 10000 units, have them sitting in some warehouse and distributing them as they get more and more orders.

all this talk of, is this the 4th release, the 5th release, the 6th release, etc.... you ever think that its simply stores restocking their shelves?   

most small stores aren't going to buy more than 5-10 pcs if even that.  yamatos larger accts may purchase more but certainly not in the 100's and definitely not in the 1000's. 

that being said, i think this is the same run from the 3rd release cause i honestly doubt they sold out of their entire production run 5 times in a row...unless they made production runs of 100 units which is highly unlikely.  they probably made 10000 units, have them sitting in some warehouse and distributing them as they get more and more orders.

365994[/snapback]

Except we're talking about valk suppliers getting word from the distribution channels months in advance that Yamato is making another production run along with release dates for when Yamato will be releasing them. People aren't walking into their local store, seeing new valks and saying: "Hey! more valks! There must have been another run!"

Also, on AP (where I can't join because I promised someone who left MW that I wouldn't. . . hey wait a minute!), you've just started a thread complaining about the (perceived) degradation of the molds. In it, you state:

so with all the re-issues of the roys and hikarus, i can't help but to notice the increasing QC issues and degrading of the molds.

So, I'm just perplexed now. To your mind, are they doing these additional production runs or not? Or are they just hoarding them and letting them trickle out?

Oh, and as pfunk mentioned, they can always just make more molds. This isn't 1972. :)

H

is there any indication on boxes or anywhere stating the version of the 1/48??? the only known variable difference is the non-crooked skulls on the 2nd release.... right???

366000[/snapback]

They've never indicated on the box what edition the toy is. The presence or lack of velcro tabs was an imperfect means of determination between 1st and 2nd edition a long time ago. But, since then, no boxes have had velcro tabs. . . so it hasn't been applicable since the 2nd edition.

H

still stalking me? i know you long for me but i'm really perplexed how someone who claims they can't stand me goes to other sites to check me out? so fess up already, if you think i'm sexy and you want my body, come on baby let me know! B))

seriously, why can't you ever post in a non-arguementive/non-abrasive way? maybe then people won't find you to be an annoyance and you might have gotten more than 1 nom to be admin/mod. not that it really matters but its sad cause i(as well as many others) know you have the skills, the time, and mental compacity to keep the site running smoothly, but your inablilty to let things go and always having to throw in the last jab is probably why you were passed up. i mean, here we are in the new year, i've done nothing, i've said nothing, yet here you are trying to start some drama yet again, why?

i'm sure you'll somehow turn this around on me and throw yet another jab and drag up yet another thread, but its just some food for thought. so take what you want from it and toss the rest, or toss it all, its your life. :)

still stalking me?  i know you long for me but i'm really perplexed how someone who claims they can't stand me goes to other sites to check me out?  so fess up already, if you think i'm sexy and you want my body, come on baby let me know! B))

seriously, why can't you ever post in a non-arguementive/non-abrasive way?  maybe then people won't find you to be an annoyance and you might have gotten more than 1 nom to be admin/mod.  not that it really matters but its sad cause i(as well as many others) know you have the skills, the time, and mental compacity to keep the site running smoothly, but your inablilty to let things go and always having to throw in the last jab is probably why you were passed up.  i mean, here we are in the new year, i've done nothing, i've said nothing, yet here you are trying to start some drama yet again, why?

i'm sure you'll somehow turn this around on me and throw yet another jab and drag up yet another thread, but its just some food for thought.  so take what you want from it and toss the rest, or toss it all, its your life.  :)

366023[/snapback]

Hmmmm, it seems like you just wanna make this personal. :unsure:

Stalking you? You've been posting quite a bit over here despite several earlier pledges that you were taking your ball and going home. But I haven't bothered you and I've even kept my pledge not to join AP while you were under your self-imposed exile. But, you said something that I considered ill-informed and/or oddly reasoned, so I thought I'd point it out. Why not simply address what I said?

But you seem to want to count how many votes I got for Admin (despite my never mentioning that I wanted to be one. . . again, odd).

So, well, I'll save us both some time and just dust off this old gem. It still fits rather well:

---------------------------------

Hi sweetie! Gosh, I'm glad you're back (again). And I'm glad you saw what I wrote even though you claim to have me on your ignore list.

So, what's the difference?

The difference is that nobody here except you has ever repeatedly called people "a-holes" for discussing the price of upcoming toys. Nobody here except you has ever gone nuts and bizarrely attacked a bunch of fellow members just for recommending VE and TMP as valk sellers (while you simultaneously advertised for your personal favorite in your signature). Nobody here except you has dropped in on several "for sale" threads and trashed them. . . and then gotten all "holier than thou" on others for doing the same for your threads when you overcharge (but it's okay when you do it since you were trying to get enough money for a bachelor party). Nobody here except you has ever dropped in on a thread where a police officer is trying to help people track down a scammer only to bash police officers. I could go on. . . oh man can I!

So, really, the difference is that you do deserve it. Over the years, several other members have tried to point out to you that you have an unnerving habit of hypocritically lashing out at others and then acting all innocent and harmless a short time later. I'm not the only one that has confronted you on that score.

You now say that you have been "proven wrong" in the past. All you had to do at the time of your initial tirade that started it all between us was say: "Yeah, that was pretty f-ed up of me to say that. Sorry guys. I think I was just having a bad day." And everything would have been forgotten. Yet, just a few days ago, you proudly stated that you stand by everything you said. So, well, as long as you stand by it, people are going to call you out on all that crap because you still behave in a way that reminds people of it. It takes a big person to admit when they are wrong or that something they did was f-ed up. You've never done so and gone well out of your way to avoid it. Yet now you like to allude to some fanciful apology you never made. :rolleyes:

If you could just stop looking through that mental prizm of yours that justifies, validates and rationalizes everything you do no matter how f'ed up, people wouldn't hassle you so much.

I know you keep saying that you're leaving and that you don't read my posts. Yet clearly neither is true. So, I'm glad we had this final chance to clear the air. *smooch*

----------------------------------

But wait, you've done even better stuff over at AP lately. Some people recently brought your story "hero story" to my attention. The one about you bravely taking on fifty bottle-and-skateboard-wielding hooligans all at once in order to protect one young kid. Just because, you're like that and all. But wait, you've actually told two stories about that Thursday. Let's compare them!

On Monday, Jan 23:

well i'm a avid cop hater outsdie of chowser since he's actually cool but this complete and utter disrespect is what i can't stand about cops.  i mean, why can't they ever be nice/polite when they speak to you?  i actually got hassled by the cops on thursday for skateboarding yet again, at the same spot i got a ticket a few months back(which i beat).  all they had to do was say, "hey guys, can you take it somewhere else", instead i got,

"listen up you fukin a-hole, get the fuk out of here now, next time i see you i'm gonna break that skateboard over your fukin head". 

i asked the cop to "why are you threatening me?  please calm down and stop cursin, if you want us to leave just ask like a normal person",

which he replied, "what are you 12 fukin years old, you should know better you little shiet."

"no, i'm 30 but are you 12 years old?  cause you sure are cursin like a 12 year old."

"what, you trying to be a wise guy, i'll take you in right now."

"i'm just saying, sometimes its easier to be polite, why do you have CPR(courtesy, professionalism, and respect) written on the side of your car yet you don't show any of it whatsoever."

"you really want me to write you up don't you, you little wise ass?"

"for what?  actually i've already gotten a ticket at this very place and i went to court and beat it, but thats besides the point, all i'm saying is, theres no reason to start cursin and yelling unless we're being disrespectful or uncooperative to you".

"ticket, whos aid anything about a ticket, i'll lock you up for disorderly conduct"

"really?  *looks around at the 50+ witnesses and asks* "was i being disrespectful to the officer in anyway?  did i raise my voice?  did i curse at him?"  as you can see officer, all these people are in agreement that you are the one who is out of line.  i'm simply pointing out that theres a nicer way to go about things.  i realize you have a tough job and you have to deal with the "dregs of society" but why take it out on me?  look sir, if you don't like my advice, you certainly don't have to follow it, but now you're threatening to arrest me for speaking to you, come on..."

right there he knew he was wrong as well as his partner and i could tell he was really getting mad so i wisely said my goodbyes but by this time, i was already pissed off and i'd pretty much had enough of their BS, i mean this is like the 30th time one of these port authority cops got outright hostile on me for no reason.  the NYPD are usually cool to us, they joke with us, they've even gotten out of their cars and tried to skate but these port authority cops are total power trippin aholes.  so i got there badge numbers and quickly filed a complaint with the CCRB, hopefully by filing a formal complaint it will change their attitude for the better...or atleast leave me alone.  :-|

On Thursday, Jan 26, haterist posts the following:

it doesn't end there my friend, heres my fuked up story of the year.

so last thursday i'm at my local park skating when i see a group of 50 kids running towards the park.  someone says, "oh crap, someone's gonna get jumped".  next thing i know they're trying to rush this 16 year old kid who skates.  he's a good kid, doesn't mouth off to anyone and keep to himself, and me being the grown up, i jumped inbetween them cause theres no reason why 50 kids need to fight one 16 year old kid. 

"hey guys, i don't know whats going on but theres 1 of him and 50 of you.  hes just a kid man, just leave him alone, if you wanna do something, do it to me but leave the kid alone."

next thing i know i get sucker punched in the side of the face by one of them, then before i can even swing back, it turns into an all out beat down.  i can't even throw a punch let alone block one.  i'm talking 50 guys ages ranging from 14 all the way up to 25 and i got hit with everything but the kitchen sink.  they started dumping out trash cans and grabbing bottles to break over my head, then they grabbed trash cans and threw that sh*t at me.  and if that wasn't enough, they then grabbed some skateboards off the other guys there and started going to town on my head.  i got hit atleast 6-7 times with the board and caught atleast 4 bottles to the head that didn't even break.  it was in-fukin-sane!  i've never had anything like that happen to me ever.  i was just trying to be the calm voice of reason and protect one of the neighborhood kids but here i am getting fuked up by mob of people.

this went on for 1 minute or so and all i could do is cover up and not fall to the ground cause i know if i fall, i'm a dead man for sure.  then out of nowhere, this 17 year old kid who skates loses it and take his board to the biggest guy in the group.  he caught him good, right in the side of his head....it was the only hit he got to make.  the mob then splits from into 2, one group attacking him, another still attacking me, its 20 on 1 now maybe i have a chance...NOT!  finally i get some breathing room and start swinging like a maniac but i get bum rushed again and i was getting caught with lefts and rights all over the place.

this goes on for another minute or so, the mob starts to calm down but by this time, the 17 year old kid who helped me is flat on his face bleeding from his head and back.  i'm still standing but i don't know which way is up or down, i'm in a total daze and stubble across the park exit like a zombie.  i wasn't cut or bleeding(luckily) but my noggin was covered in lumps from all the bottles and skateboard blows i caught....damn that shiet hurt. 

then finally the cops show up...."what happened?"  "what do you think happened?  look at us, we just got wrecked".  "anybody see anything?"  of course everyone saw everything but nobody said a peep including me.  so they took a police report and took me and the 17 year old to the hospital.  luckily neither one of us was injuried too badly so after a quick check up and a "daaaaaamn!", they let us go.

moral of the story...

don't ever be the calm voice of reason when theres an angry mob standing in front of you. :-|

Notice any similarities? They both take place on the same day: The prior Thursday (busy day!). Both involve fifty people (either assualting him or witnessing his bravery. But either way, he's a hero). Both make reference to skateboards being used as clubs to beat people over the head. Both refer to police officers.

Yet, when the topic of police officers comes up on the 23rd, he mentions that he was harrassed by police and that there were fifty people witnessing it, and that they threatened to club him with his skateboard. . . yet he never mentions that later in that day, fifty people did club him with skateboards (and bottles) and the police were the ones who took him to the hospital. How could that not come up then, when it is both relevant to the thread on police and it seems like a story he was so proud to tell three days later?

haterist, if you are telling the truth, I'm sorry. But as it stands, I'm calling BS. You've either totally invented the story or you have embellished it immensely. I can't prove that you're lying and it is barely conceivable that two such things could happen to you in the same day, share so many characteristics, and yet you only mentioned the more dramatic (and heroic) of the two days after the first.

But, the story --even without the credibility-damaging earlier story-- doesn't easily pass the "sniff" test. Fifty attackers? That is a large gang to go looking for a sixteen year-old kid. That must clog the streets! Bottles and skateboards clubbing you over the head without the need for hospitalizaton for a fractured skull or even a concussion? You didn't even fall down? Posting three days later? Posting three days later about related things without even mentioning it!?! (though you're well known for using AP as your personal blog where you detail every minor event in your life. . . including very improbable sexual "conquests."). Yet it is mentioned (with so many aspects of the prior story repeated) a few days later unsolicited? The "awww shucks, I was just doing what's right" attitude? I'm sorry, I just don't buy it.

And if you think everyone posting in that thread over there are buying it, you're deluding yourself.

Now, about me: Yes, I probably have too long a memory and too low a tolerance for your bizarre and abusive antics from ages past. Yes, I argue my points past the point where anyone cares. But, in my defense, I'm not a 30 year-old adult (though reportedly tiny) guy who still skateboards, still apparently thinks it's cool to get in fights, and (apparently) makes up stories about my heroic deeds and (again, very unlikely) sexual conquests on internet discussion forums in order to impress strangers.

H

P.S. And lest you think I'm spending that much time on you. . . I actually try to forget about you and ignore you whenever possible. But there's an entire network of people over there on AP who take it upon themselves to notify me of your (unintentionally) hilarious little posts over there. And you might be surprised at who those people are.

Yeah man... anything not on topic by you two will be deleted by me or MM.

I just thought of something, Why don't you, Hurin, join AP and argue all you want with Haterist there. That freakin place is already a circus!

Edited by >EXO<

Back on topic...

Someone asked why there may be quality issues from Roy\'s VF-1S as more and more of it is re-issued and yet why Hikaru\'s VF-1S seems to be different.

Color has nothing to do with the molds. Its all pantone matched ABS resin so unless the supplier has changed or the resin is not from the same exact batch, it should always be the same. You can compare the DYRL Valks from one given production period and the base color should be exactly the same (EG First issue Roy and Hikaru). This is not to say there cannot be slight pigment differences from batch to batch, but it should be 99.99% color matched if the factory is up the job.

Now as far as the molds, I believe there were multiple molds as this is typical in manufacturing. Each mold is usually allocated for a product run and kept for that variation only, to ensure QC and to allow simultaneous runs of two different products / versions at the same time.

It could be possible Hikaru\'s VF-1A (2nd issue) and the 1S are the same molds, while Roy had his own mold. Or Hikaru\'s and Max\'s 1A mold were the same, a new mold was made for Hikaru\'s 1S and Roy had his own mold.

But too many molds won\'t make sense as each cost a LOT and the production run must be very high to recoup the cost.

Can they re-use 1 mold for another item? Of course, since once a mold is setup to run, its cheaper to keep it going that to stop it for downtime and slap another mold onto the production line.

I\'m guessing Yamato may have up to 4 production molds for the VF-1x series. 1 original mold, 1-2 reworked (rev 2.0 fixes) molds and maybe a backup mold. 2-3 molds is probably more likely.

They would either tool a new head mold or re-use Roy\'s VF-1S (probably the latter since the head is so small and you can run a lot of these per day).

I can check if these 5th or 6th issue (damn lost count somewhere!) and if it indeed are from the previous batch once I get a few in.

I know the last batch of Max 1As I and Toy Wave had blown out along were not reissues and definately old warehouse stock of the last issue (2nd). I\'ll snap a picture to show you guys how we identify it. Heh.

It is more than likely a new run though to co-inside with Hikaru\'s VF-1S reissue since its CHEAPER to produce both at the same time than to store it at a warehouse. But I will post my analysis afterwards.

Crooked Skulls and seats and bad paintjobs? Thats just plain cost savings and QC.

hurin and haterist are funny :lol:

I've dealt with both of them with no issues but the two of them in the same room reminds me of my family reunions :blink: . Just needs to be open bar and I'd feel right at home. :lol:

hurin... port athority cops do suck ass compared to metro, my grandpa was one. If you have to arrest a gabore and then deal with snot nosed kids you'd have a short fuse to. Haterist... I've slept in central park a few times and i've damn near seen everything nyc has to offer except the chud [even my crazy ass never went into manhatten sewers :blink: ] I might buy 20 punk ass kids consisting of 8 bangers and 12 twerps who just wanted to jump on somebody... but 50 is a bit high. Yeah... I know when you are getting smacked around from all sides it's real easy to lose count and 5 seals went to 20 when I told the story for the days they let me limp before doing it again. After that I had numbers, names, and addys... which didn't help at all :blink: . Nothing like being a willing punching bag or getting a dishonerable. Got my honorable and more than a few brusies... but after that nobody but a seal called me their bitch... and they only did it when some-one was guarding the door so I couldn't run for my life :rolleyes:

on topic... it looks like this will be my first and only 1/48... unless anybody has heard anything about a 1/48 ve

what should I be aware of as a 1/48 newbie? I asked the same thing here before I tried to transform my 19a or my 21 and I should have before dealing with the 1/60's horrible instruction manual but didn't. I sold that 1/60 before some-one told me that you were supposed to push that little piece on the leg :blink:

what should I be aware of as a 1/48 newbie? I asked the same thing here before I tried to transform my 19a or my 21 and I should have before dealing with the 1/60's horrible instruction manual but didn't. I sold that 1/60 before some-one told me that you were supposed to push that little piece on the leg :blink:

366375[/snapback]

Your answers are within:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?act=ST&f=4&t=11308

and

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?act=ST&f=4&t=143

:D

Edited by Fortress_Maximus