Decently Dubbed Patlabor Ova's.

Cmdr. Grant

Huh? Well, in terms of the first and second movies, Bandai Entertainment's re-releasing them remastered and whatnot. Good thing I didn't touch the old Manga Ent. release.

As for the OVAs, Central Park Media has released all of them, as well as the TV series.

Huh? Well, in terms of the first and second movies, Bandai Entertainment's re-releasing them remastered and whatnot. Good thing I didn't touch the old Manga Ent. release.

As for the OVAs, Central Park Media has released all of them, as well as the TV series.

361270[/snapback]

Saw the television series there but not the OVA's.

Any one know where I can find decently dubbed Patlabor OVA's? I'm fairly fed up with the Hong Kong specials that seem as if they were dubbed by a first year high school English student. Can anyone help a fellow Patlabor fan?

361239[/snapback]

I can almost guarantee that the 'boots' you have are copies of the CPM version. Therefore the dub tracks are identical and to my knowledge there are no other options.

Edited by Mallet21

Each to his own, Patlabor 2 was a masterpiece.

Also, why dubbed? I can't stand the voice overs. I got the Manga release of the Patlabor movies and I'm happy with them. They don't have any features, but I'm not waiting for eternity just to see some behind the scenes stuff.

To this day I still think that Manga's dub of the first Patlabor movie is one of the best dubs ever. Overall, it's just very well done.

361426[/snapback]

Whoops! I screwed up there. I meant decently subtitled (fair to decent translation).

The movies were excellently translated (Spatula I agree. Patlabor II is an anime masterpiece) but I'm looking for the OVA's not the movies or the television series. Someone has to have a decently subtitled version of those.

I thought the Manga movie dubs weren't half bad. At least the casting was decent, unlike all the other Patlabor dubs(squeeky voice Noa and so on).

The OAV's have been subbed for some time by US Manga. I've never had a problem with them.

I thought the Manga movie dubs weren't half bad. At least the casting was decent, unlike all the other Patlabor dubs(squeeky voice Noa and so on).

The OAV's have been subbed for some time by US Manga. I've never had a problem with them.

361562[/snapback]

Were both OVA series done by US Manga. I saw one that may be an OVA set but it the text wan't specific.